• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some creative cake ideas for a son's 6th birthday?

In summary, you could make a spider man cake by cutting the batter bowl cake in half vertically and lay the two pieces down flat to make an egg shape.
Jessamary
What sort of "things" can you make with two cakes - one in the batter bowl and the other in the small batter bowl? My idea was to make a volcano, but that won't work out. Any ideas? It's my son's 6th birthday today.

a bug? how old is he?

I just heard about this one ... we all know the batter bowl makes a doll cake ... but did you know you can also put a cardboard "rim" on it and make it a baseball cap? Does he play baseball?You could also make a volcano if you know how to use colored icing creatively ...

Do you specifically want to use the batter bowls?

I've already baked the cakes and wondering if I cut them both in half, could I make...something. Or just leave them both. Or just cut one. This is frustrating.

Cut them in half lengthwise and make footballs.

pamperedlinda said:
Cut them in half lengthwise and make footballs.

That's what I was thinking...

Is there a way you could make 2 small cakes in the prep bowls to make eyes. If this is possible could you make a possible "Oscar the Grouch", "The Cookie Monster", or even "Ernie"? I'm not sure how you could shape the batter bowl best, but maybe you can get idea I am trying to make.

Too late, I guess but you can make Spider Man by cutting the batter bowl cake in half vertically. Then you lay the two pieces down flat and bump them up to each other to make an egg shape. Then you decorate it to look like Spider Man's face.
My sister and I did a great Beehive cake this weekend for my 2 year old's birthday.

Wow, thanks for all your help! You guys are sure creative.
Well, the original idea was to make a volcano out of the batter bowl, small batter bowl and one of the prep bowls. I saw something on this on Semi-Homemade cooking. But, the cake recipe I had was barely enough for the batter bowls half-full!

I did end up just going ahead with the volcano and it turned out great! I thought about the football, but my son is just not that into sports. Wish I would have seen the Spider-Man idea last night. That woud have been pretty cool.

1. What are some unique cake ideas for my son's birthday?

Some unique cake ideas for your son's birthday could include a superhero themed cake, a sports themed cake, a dinosaur themed cake, a video game themed cake, or a movie or TV show themed cake.

2. Can you recommend any easy cake ideas for my son's birthday?

Some easy cake ideas for your son's birthday could include a simple sheet cake with a fun design or character on top, a cupcake cake with a variety of flavors and toppings, or a themed ice cream cake that you can easily customize at home.

3. Are there any healthy cake options for my son's birthday?

Yes, there are plenty of healthy cake options for your son's birthday. You could try making a fruit tart, a yogurt or chia seed pudding parfait, or a banana bread or zucchini cake with reduced sugar and added nutritious ingredients.

4. What are some budget-friendly cake ideas for my son's birthday?

Some budget-friendly cake ideas for your son's birthday could include a DIY cake mix with homemade frosting, a simple decorated sheet cake, or a themed cake made with boxed cake mix and store-bought frosting. You could also consider making cupcakes instead of a whole cake to save money.

5. Do you have any tips for making a homemade cake for my son's birthday?

Yes, here are some tips for making a homemade cake for your son's birthday: use room temperature ingredients, accurately measure all ingredients, properly preheat your oven, and make sure to follow the recipe instructions carefully. You can also get creative with decorating by using different tools and techniques, such as piping bags and food coloring.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • cjdrish
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
Replies