• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tip for Stunning Wedding Shower Cake Decor: Get Kids Involved!

In summary, there are several ways to involve kids in decorating a wedding shower cake. This includes having them help choose the design, assisting with mixing and measuring ingredients, and creating edible decorations. To ensure a professional look, provide them with the right tools and guidance. Some easy decorating techniques for kids include using cookie cutters, piping icing, and using edible markers. To incorporate the wedding shower theme, have them use matching colors and designs or create themed decorations. And if the decorations don't turn out perfectly, remember to have fun and praise the kids for their efforts.
pcjulie
I just had my first wedding shower today and it went very well (thanks mostly to those of you who gave great advise!) and I wanted to pass on a tip I used today.

I made the "Baked" Alaska Cake from the old SB cookbook with the doll topper. I AM NOT a cake decorator, so I was a little worried after I put the whipped topping on how to make it look like a bride's dress (I made sure to do it before the show). Thankfully a little girl (age 4) was there early helping her mom set up, so I gave her the EAD with the extra whipped topping in it and told her to go to town decorating it. It looked hilarious, but everyone thought it was adorable because she did it! The next time I do a shower I may ask the host if any children will be there and have them do the decorating for me. It will give them something to do, make them feel important, and get me off the hook!:D

Good for you, that was brilliant!

I've wondered the same thing. Thanks for the idea!!

What are some ways to get kids involved in decorating a wedding shower cake?

One way to get kids involved in decorating a wedding shower cake is to have them help choose the design or theme of the cake. You can also have them assist with mixing and measuring ingredients, as well as rolling out fondant or piping icing. Another fun idea is to have them create edible decorations, such as chocolate molds or sugar cookies shaped like wedding rings or flowers.

How can I make sure the kids' decorations look professional?

To ensure that kids' decorations look professional, it's important to provide them with the right tools and guidance. Show them how to use piping bags and tips, as well as how to roll out fondant evenly. You can also provide them with stencils or cutters to help create more precise shapes. Encouraging them to take their time and be patient can also help produce more polished decorations.

What are some easy decorating techniques that kids can do?

Some simple decorating techniques that kids can do include using cookie cutters to make fondant or chocolate shapes, piping simple designs with icing, and using edible markers to draw on fondant or royal icing. They can also help with adding sprinkles, dragees, or other decorative elements to the cake. For more advanced techniques, you can have them watch tutorials or practice on parchment paper before decorating the actual cake.

How can I incorporate the wedding shower theme into the kids' decorations?

One way to incorporate the wedding shower theme into the kids' decorations is to have them use colors or designs that tie in with the theme. For example, if the wedding shower has a beach theme, they can use blue and white icing to create a wave pattern on the cake. You can also have them create fondant or chocolate decorations that match the theme, such as seashells, palm trees, or umbrellas.

What should I do if the kids' decorations don't turn out as expected?

If the kids' decorations don't turn out as expected, try not to worry too much. Remember that the most important thing is to have fun and involve the kids in the process. You can always cover up any mistakes with extra icing or decorations, or simply embrace the imperfections as part of the charm of a homemade cake. And don't forget to praise the kids for their efforts and creativity, regardless of the outcome!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • tnmimi
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
renshaw
Replies