• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Treats: Tips & Recipes for a Party Hit

In summary, Lisa went to a party and these were a hit. She is hoping to make her own and has tried a few recipes she found online (not on chefsuccess) that were less than great. Cake central has a huge cake ball thread http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-658476-0.html . Lots of flavor ideas if you're up to reading 76 pages!
quimbychic
I went to a party and these were a hit. I am hoping to make my own and have tried a few recipes I found online (not on chefsuccess) that were less than great.

Anyone have any tips or recipes for these delicious treats?

Thanks~
Lisa

Thank you so much! Love the website!

Hahaha, I saw "cake balls" in the thread title and thought, "I have to tell them about Bakerella!"

Noora, you beat me to it! Glad to find another Bakerella fan! I love her site!

Cake central has a huge cake ball thread http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-658476-0.html . Lots of flavor ideas if you're up to reading 76 pages!

Oh I love you for showing me this!! I can't wait to get home and really research this!!:chef:

lisaw said:
Cake central has a huge cake ball thread http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-658476-0.html . Lots of flavor ideas if you're up to reading 76 pages!

Wow! I could seriously read through that thread ALL DAY LONG! Too bad I have to work instead... ;-)

I never thought about using flavored creamer as the binder instead of icing, what a cool idea! I can't believe how many different flavor combinations people have figured out!

I'm so confused. I see lots of flavor recipes but how do you actually make the balls?

Crumble cake into a bowl and add a binder (icing, creamer, caramel, etc). Do not add too much liquid ~ just enough for it to hold together or it will be mushy. Mix together and shape into balls. Our medium scoop is a nice size. You can also flatten the mixture and use a small cookie cutter (I've attached a photo of heart shaped ones I did for valentine's day). Chill, then dip in melted chocolate.

Attachments

• DSCN3577_1_1.jpg
    DSCN3577_1_1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 491
Very cute Lisa!!

Thanks Bobbi!

Lisa those are beautiful! Did you dip them in melted chocolate (like the colored candy wafters?) and then turn them out onto the rack?

I dipped them in chocolate then put them on a parchment paper covered pan till the chocolate was hardened. Once they were hardened, I used my petite paring knife to trim off the worst of the chocolate that pooled at the bottom.

lisaw said:
Crumble cake into a bowl and add a binder (icing, creamer, caramel, etc). Do not add too much liquid ~ just enough for it to hold together or it will be mushy. Mix together and shape into balls. Our medium scoop is a nice size. You can also flatten the mixture and use a small cookie cutter (I've attached a photo of heart shaped ones I did for valentine's day). Chill, then dip in melted chocolate.

Oh, now it all makes sense to me, lol. Thank you so much!! Sounds like fun!

1. What is "Delicious Treats: Tips & Recipes for a Party Hit"?

"Delicious Treats: Tips & Recipes for a Party Hit" is a cookbook filled with delicious and crowd-pleasing recipes for all types of parties and gatherings. It features a variety of sweet and savory treats that are easy to make and sure to be a hit at any event.

2. Are the recipes in "Delicious Treats" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "Delicious Treats" are designed to be simple and easy to follow, even for beginner cooks. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and all the necessary ingredients, making it easy for anyone to create delicious treats.

3. Can I use ingredients that I already have at home?

Yes, many of the recipes in "Delicious Treats" use common pantry staples that you may already have at home. However, there are also some unique ingredients that can be easily found at most grocery stores.

4. Are there any dietary restrictions or substitutions included in the cookbook?

Yes, "Delicious Treats" includes recipes that cater to various dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. Additionally, there are suggestions for ingredient substitutions in case you are unable to find a specific ingredient or have dietary restrictions.

5. Can I use these recipes for large parties or only for small gatherings?

The recipes in "Delicious Treats" can be easily adjusted to fit the size of your party or gathering. Whether you are hosting a large event or a small get-together, there are recipes that can be scaled up or down to suit your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcmckay