• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cake Balls Recipes??

quimbychic

Novice Member
Nov 12, 2009
I went to a party and these were a hit. I am hoping to make my own and have tried a few recipes I found online (not on chefsuccess) that were less than great.

Anyone have any tips or recipes for these delicious treats?

Thanks~
Lisa

quimbychic

Novice Member
Nov 12, 2009
Thank you so much! Love the website!

Aun

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2005
Hahaha, I saw "cake balls" in the thread title and thought, "I have to tell them about Bakerella!"

Noora, you beat me to it! Glad to find another Bakerella fan! I love her site!

baychef

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2005
Oh I love you for showing me this!! I can't wait to get home and really research this!!:chef:

Aun

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2005
Cake central has a huge cake ball thread How About A Serious Thread About Cake Balls? on CakeCentral.com . Lots of flavor ideas if you're up to reading 76 pages!

Wow! I could seriously read through that thread ALL DAY LONG! Too bad I have to work instead... ;-)

I never thought about using flavored creamer as the binder instead of icing, what a cool idea! I can't believe how many different flavor combinations people have figured out!

Aug 2, 2009
I'm so confused. I see lots of flavor recipes but how do you actually make the balls?

lisaw

Novice Member
May 12, 2008
Crumble cake into a bowl and add a binder (icing, creamer, caramel, etc). Do not add too much liquid ~ just enough for it to hold together or it will be mushy. Mix together and shape into balls. Our medium scoop is a nice size. You can also flatten the mixture and use a small cookie cutter (I've attached a photo of heart shaped ones I did for valentine's day). Chill, then dip in melted chocolate.

Attachments

• DSCN3577_1_1.jpg
    DSCN3577_1_1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 454

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Very cute Lisa!!

lisaw

Novice Member
May 12, 2008
Thanks Bobbi!

baychef

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2005
Lisa those are beautiful! Did you dip them in melted chocolate (like the colored candy wafters?) and then turn them out onto the rack?

lisaw

Novice Member
May 12, 2008
I dipped them in chocolate then put them on a parchment paper covered pan till the chocolate was hardened. Once they were hardened, I used my petite paring knife to trim off the worst of the chocolate that pooled at the bottom.

Aug 2, 2009
Crumble cake into a bowl and add a binder (icing, creamer, caramel, etc). Do not add too much liquid ~ just enough for it to hold together or it will be mushy. Mix together and shape into balls. Our medium scoop is a nice size. You can also flatten the mixture and use a small cookie cutter (I've attached a photo of heart shaped ones I did for valentine's day). Chill, then dip in melted chocolate.

Oh, now it all makes sense to me, lol. Thank you so much!! Sounds like fun!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Jennifer Donoho
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
Replies
Views