• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Bake a Cake in a Rice Cooker?

In summary, during a conversation, the speaker was asked about a cake recipe that was demonstrated in a past show. The cake was made in a rice cooker and had frosting in the bottom that would spread over the top when the cake was flipped. The speaker did some research and found out the recipe was for a Molten Lava Cake. The recipe includes a chocolate cake mix, chocolate frosting, and instructions to cook in the rice cooker for about 10 minutes. The speaker also shared a potential variation for a True Blood themed party. The conversation then took a brief detour to discuss a scene from the movie Steel Magnolias involving a bleeding armadillo cake. However, the speaker suggested using a white cake with red frosting for a
taterbug
I had a guest at a show last night ask me about a cake that she saw demonstrated at a past show where the consultant made a cake in the rice cooker (I'm assuming in the microwave). She asked if I had that recipe.
All she really mentioned about it (other than what it was cooked in) was that it had frosting in the bottom and when you dumped the cake out the frosting went all over the top of the cake.
Does anyone know what this recipe is? Thanks for your help.

After doing a little more searching, I think I found my own answer. It sounds like she was talking about the Molten Lava Cake.

Believe it's a lava cake....Here's one recipe I found here at CS:
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

One box of chocolate cake mix
ingredients to make the chocolate cake (on back of the box)
1/2 can of chocolate frosting

1. Empty cake mix and cake mix ingredients into RC Plus and mix together.
2. Add the ½ can of frosting (in scoops)
3. Put both lids on and fasten 1 side of cooker
4. Microwave for about 10 minutes (cake should be pulling away from the sides.
5. Carefully remove lids, put a dinner plate over the top and flip!
Depending on the cake mix used (white or yellow) you might need dress it up with some nuts, grated chocolate or coconut (only for appearance sake, since the cake will not brown)
If you don't have a turntable in your microwave, you will want to rotate it a couple of times during cooking.
Microwave time may vary.

TRY OTHER FLAVORS AND VARIATIONS!!!

You got it! It is soooo good & really easy to make! I made it at my 1st show in the fluted pan & sold 3 pans!:thumbup:

Bit of a high jack here but this cake idea gave me an idea but I need feedback from those experienced in making it. I'm having a True Blood Season 2 premiere party on Sunday night. I have found several bleeding cakes recipes and such. But this thread made me think what if I did a white cake mix and with vanilla frosting that I died red and when I dumped it, the cake would appear to be bleeding?? TIA for any feedback. I might just try it.

kcmckay said:
Bit of a high jack here but this cake idea gave me an idea but I need feedback from those experienced in making it. I'm having a True Blood Season 2 premiere party on Sunday night. I have found several bleeding cakes recipes and such. But this thread made me think what if I did a white cake mix and with vanilla frosting that I died red and when I dumped it, the cake would appear to be bleeding?? TIA for any feedback. I might just try it.

Here's a hijack of your hijack...
That made me think of Steel Magnolias where they served the Groom's cake and it was an armadillo red velvet cake. They said when they cut it, it was like a bleeding armadillo. :D

LOL...Love Steel Magnolias! "It looks like a bleeding armadilla...people will be hacking into this poor thang....."

Hee hee....

Why not just use a white cake and a red frosting - not dyed red but like strawberry frosting or something?

I just tried this and my micro must cook stuff really fast! I did the 10 minutes and it came out burnt! :-(

Stephanie

What is a "Cake Baked in Rice Cooker?"

A "Cake Baked in Rice Cooker" is a dessert recipe that utilizes a rice cooker as the primary cooking tool. It involves mixing ingredients for a cake, pouring it into a greased rice cooker, and cooking it on the "cake" or "bake" setting.

Can any type of cake be made in a rice cooker?

Yes, most types of cake can be made in a rice cooker as long as they can fit in the cooking pot and the cooker has a "cake" or "bake" setting. However, some cakes may require slight adjustments to the recipe or cooking time.

Do I need a special rice cooker to make a cake?

No, a regular rice cooker with a "cake" or "bake" setting will work for making a "Cake Baked in Rice Cooker." However, some recipes may require a larger or specific type of rice cooker.

How long does it take to make a "Cake Baked in Rice Cooker?"

The cooking time can vary depending on the recipe and the rice cooker used. On average, it takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to make a "Cake Baked in Rice Cooker."

What types of toppings can be used for a "Cake Baked in Rice Cooker?"

The toppings for a "Cake Baked in Rice Cooker" can vary depending on personal preference. Some popular options include icing, fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate chips. You can also get creative and use unique toppings such as caramel sauce or crushed cookies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisa717
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • Mizjent
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles