• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Buying the Kit Just for the Stuff

in summary, because I enjoy the products so much and love giving presentations to other members, I do not mind doing a lot of shows.
ChefJessica
I had my very first show on Friday and I am having a small issue. One of the girls wants to buy the starter kit, but I dont think she really wants to sell Pampered Chef. I think she just wants all the products. She did the same thing at a Discovery Toys party last week. Does anyone else have this problem? All of a sudden everyone starts whispering and asks how much the kit is. At the Discovery Toys party, 3 out of the 6 ladies bought the kit just for the toys. At my Pampered Show, thankfully, only 1 wants to do this. I feel that it is wrong to just buy the kit with absolutely no intention of ever attempting to sell the product. I also don't want to approach her and accuse her of not trying, but I don't know. I am so new at this! Anyone else have this problem? What did you do? My show total was so small as it is, and I feel bad for the host. She invited as many people as she could, but the guests only bought little items.

I dont want people buying the kit unless they are actually going to TRY to sell the products! Any suggestions on how I should handle this if it happens again?

These people are called "Kit-nappers" and we all don't like them. Whenever I suspect someone of this I jokingly say "Now, you aren't going to be a kit-napper are you?" That will tell them that I am on to them and that I will only recruit them if they are serious. Because after all, this is my business too!

Try to be as excited as you can about her joining. Tell her about the 3-tiered stand she can get by qualifying and all the Super Starter items she can get FREE too. This may encourage her to at least give it a try. I have heard of consultants planning to kit-nap and then decided to go for the Super Starters too and then decide not to quit at all. You never know what may happen.

That was me!!Seriously. . . . I was at one of my first PC shows and wanted all the stuff, but had zero money. When the consultant told me I could get all that stuff for just $99 I was hooked. I went in and figured I'd do the 6 shows that were required of me and walk away. Boy was I wrong! When I saw all I ould get during starter months I just had to get those, and then there was a promo my 4th month that I had to have, and then a recruiting special, and so on and so on. Thankfully, I had a recruiter who was very supportive, understood that I wanted to do PC to get things over it being a career, and she kept me motivated to keep going. Its now 4 years later and I'm still hanging on.

If that doesn't make much sense, sorry. What I'm trying to say is that PC can be addicting and you may wind up with a great downline. Don't write her off before encouraging her and trying to sell her on making PC a business, even if only to support her own shopping habits. YOu never know what a recruit may or may not do.

Good luck

Pandi410: That is me to a tee...Whenever I was asked to attend a PC show I would look at the catalog and thing..."this stuff is way too expensive" and I would order a couple $1 knives or something cheap, just to say I ordered and I wouldn't attend the show. Finally a lady in my church had a show and I felt obligated to attend, but still told myself I would not be buying anything. Well, to make a long story short I loved the products and thought they were worth the money. I picked out about $150.00 worth of products. But as I listened to the presentation and heard that the kit was only $99 and had everything I wanted in it, I begin to think about how to get it. My thought was that I did not like getting up in front of people, but I could get my family to do the 6 required shows and then I would have everything I wanted and I could quit. Well, I have done 100 shows since then. I earned the SS bonuses. It is just a hobby for me, but I enjoy it...and I get all the great products I want at a great price. I only do about 20 shows each year, but that is what is so great about PC. You can work it as much or as little as you want. So, don't rule her out. Talk to her about the 4 show committment and be excited about all the bonuses she can earn in her first 3 months.

I second those posts above. Once she sees how great this business is, she may want to stick with it. Even if it's only to do one show every month or two. Do let her know that she'll be entering into a contract and she is agreeing to try it for at least four shows. She is really obligated to do it for those four shows...otherwise PC does have the option of collecting the kit back from her. Not that they've ever done that, but it is in the contract.

I say it's worth a try. Also, let her know she needs to line up her first six shows (they can be catalog shows too) before she signs her agreement. This may help her understand this is something that requires some obligation on her part. Let us know how it goes!:)

obligationWell, if she does the first four(or is it six? I'm not sure) shows, then she's fulfilled her obligation. That is all she signed up for. You may not want to have someone who doesn't stick with it, but can you really blame her for wanting to take advantage of such a great chance? I would just make sure that she understands that she is obligated to do those first few shows. You may not build a team, but you may get a great host or someone who comes back in a few years to sell more seriously. Good luck...BEE

It is only four, but when a new consultant does the online agreement, it does ask for dates of your first six shows. The real requirement is only four.:D

soonerchef said:
These people are called "Kit-nappers" and we all don't like them. Whenever I suspect someone of this I jokingly say "Now, you aren't going to be a kit-napper are you?" That will tell them that I am on to them and that I will only recruit them if they are serious. Because after all, this is my business too!
I agree! I would also add say to them that they are get the products and business supplies for the $90 AND agreeing to do at least 4 shows!

pandi410 said:
Seriously. . . . I was at one of my first PC shows and wanted all the stuff, but had zero money. When the consultant told me I could get all that stuff for just $99 I was hooked. I went in and figured I'd do the 6 shows that were required of me and walk away. Boy was I wrong! When I saw all I ould get during starter months I just had to get those, and then there was a promo my 4th month that I had to have, and then a recruiting special, and so on and so on. Thankfully, I had a recruiter who was very supportive, understood that I wanted to do PC to get things over it being a career, and she kept me motivated to keep going. Its now 4 years later and I'm still hanging on.

If that doesn't make much sense, sorry. What I'm trying to say is that PC can be addicting and you may wind up with a great downline. Don't write her off before encouraging her and trying to sell her on making PC a business, even if only to support her own shopping habits. YOu never know what a recruit may or may not do.

Good luck

I was the same way...when I first started, my husband and I were in Bible college with 2 babies and no money! But I love to cook and I loved all the products. My husband is a very generous and supportive man, so he figured that the best way to get the things I wanted was to join...I committed to my six shows and having earned the SS stuff in month one I kept going until month three, when life got crazy and I couldn't do it anymore. My intentions initially weren't the best maybe, and sometimes I think that people can be a little hard on these 'kit nappers' because you never truly know their intentions. I've held on for 3 years, being active and inactive (more inactive than anything) and now, here I am with a goal to promote to director by June 1. Don't write off anyone or prejudge their motives...my initial recruiter really struggled to help develop me, so it is only now that she left and I was placed under Susan Kaufmann that I actually started believing I could actually make something of this. So even if they start out for the kit, encourage them to stay in it...even if they are mostly inactive...because I guarantee if you work with them and believe in them, that is all it will take to help them stay committed and to make a good buisness out of it.

Not everyone has the same passion for this business that we do, but they do love the products. It is OUR job to fill them with that passion by encouraging them and helping them to see what the business truly has to offer. To be honest, I'd be thrilled if I could sign someone up, even if I knew that they just wanted the kit. Look at it as a challenge...if you work hard to help them succeed, you could end up with someone (even if it is three years later) who could completely change your business by working towards becoming a director.

Hey Jessica.
Is your director Kathy Steward?

I had this happen to me and they flat out told me they just wanted the deal for the products. I told them this is a serious business and we take pride in what we do!!!!!!!!!!!! I was angry about it for a long time. Once I said that she changed her mind and she ended up with almost a $1200.00 show and she still orders off of my website. I think that when I said we take our business seriously...that changed her mind.

Karen
New Castle, DE

She has told me that she is not interested in doing the shows at all, she just wants the products for the good deal. I showed her the incentives you can earn for your first 3 starter months, but she didn't seem interested. Hopefully, that will change her mind and she will actually try.

I have another question about this. In the agreement, it says that Pampered Chef deducts 6.00 twice annully and 2.00 each month from the commisions. So if she isnt turning in any shows, will they not deduct any money from her?

I plan on having her see that it is an actual agreement this afternoon. I don't want to discourage her if she actually wants to try this out, but it really dosent seem like this is the case.:mad:

No, my director isn't Kathy Steward. I have never met or heard from my director. Not even a simple email. :( And I don't have her email to ask her any questions.

I simply remind potential "kit-nappers" that they are signing a legally binding contract with a reputable company. I let them know that for the $90 they are expected to submit either 4 shows or $1250 in sales, period. I also add that I have yet to see PC take action againest someone who does not fulfill their agreement, I would hate for them to be the first!

~Erin Smith
F/D
[email protected]

ChefJessica said:
She has told me that she is not interested in doing the shows at all, she just wants the products for the good deal. I showed her the incentives you can earn for your first 3 starter months, but she didn't seem interested. Hopefully, that will change her mind and she will actually try.

I have another question about this. In the agreement, it says that Pampered Chef deducts 6.00 twice annully and 2.00 each month from the commisions. So if she isnt turning in any shows, will they not deduct any money from her?

I plan on having her see that it is an actual agreement this afternoon. I don't want to discourage her if she actually wants to try this out, but it really dosent seem like this is the case.:mad:

No, my director isn't Kathy Steward. I have never met or heard from my director. Not even a simple email. :( And I don't have her email to ask her any questions.

Wow, you've never corresponded with your director?? How about your recruiter? Most recruiters are capable of letting their recruits know what they need to know to run their business and are there for them with any questions they might have. So I wonder if that's why you haven't heard from your director. Do you WANT to have contact with your director? If you don't know who he/she is, look at your commission statement and the name would be listed as your 1st line director. Contact HO and ask for her email address and/or phone number if you do want to touch base with her.

To answer your questions about those deductions....the $6.00 twice a year is for the shipping on the paperwork changeover kits. If she's not active, she won't receive those changeover kits. As for the $2.00 per paycheck deduction for liability insurance, I believe the next time she'd have any kind of commission, they'd deduct it from her then. If she NEVER submits a show I'm not sure what they do. I don't think they'd hunt her down and charge her for it, though.

Well, good luck with this potential recruit! All you can do is give her the information. If she still intends on being a "kit napper" there's not much you can do other than try to coach her to qualify. Like others have said, maybe her mindset will change and she'll actually make a go at it.:eek:

What is included in the kit?

The kit includes a variety of our most popular kitchen tools and gadgets, as well as a selection of our high-quality cookware and bakeware.

Can I customize the kit to fit my specific needs?

Yes, you can choose which items you want to include in your kit. Our consultants are happy to help you select the perfect combination of products for your cooking style and needs.

Is the kit a one-time purchase or a subscription?

The kit is a one-time purchase and does not require a subscription. However, if you are interested in receiving new products and discounts regularly, our consultants can provide information on our monthly subscription service.

What are the benefits of buying the kit?

The kit offers a significant discount compared to purchasing each item individually. It also provides you with a range of essential kitchen tools and cookware to help you cook and bake with ease.

How do I purchase the kit?

You can purchase the kit through a Pampered Chef consultant. They can assist you with placing an order and provide any additional information or recommendations you may need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheermom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Tara B
  • patchoulli
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Debala715
  • pcsharon1