• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Buying Concert Tickets: Pros & Cons

In summary, the conversation is mainly about whether or not to take stemware to shows and how to sell them. Some people are not taking them to shows due to the risk of breaking them, while others are taking them and mentioning them in their presentations. The stemware is seen as a novelty item by some, but others believe it will appeal to those who enjoy entertaining. It is suggested to use the stemware for other drinks besides wine and to use them at home before selling them at shows. There is also a mention of using stemware for everything and how to prevent breaking them.
DebPC
Staff member
Is anyone taking these to shows and are you selling them? Or are you just hanging back until the issues are resolved?

I am not taking them to shows. But I'm not sure I would anyway, because of the risk of braking them. I am not talking about them either though.

me either......

I will probably take one with me to most shows. I forgot it at my first show this month but I did talk about it. ...didn't sell any, but I did mention them.

I will not be taking them to shows or talking about them much. If someone is interested in them, they will find them. I'd rather talk about things like knives and cookware. :D

I took one to a shao in August~it broke even erapped in bubble wrap. I am not taking them~bigger & better things to talk about!

DebbieJ said:
I will not be taking them to shows or talking about them much. If someone is interested in them, they will find them.

I'd rather talk about things like knives and cookware. :D

I agree!!!

I won't take them either. They are nice and I like mine, but I think they are also a novelty item.

I am not taking the stemware, but I have sold a set. I think this is something that will appeal to people that like to entertain or love wine. I don't think it is a "novelty" item either. A lot of people thought that about the SA line too. By having items that appeal to people who enjoy entertaining, but not cooking, will boost our bookings and our sales.

For those of you who don't drink wine, use these glasses for water or milk at dinner. We use stemware for everything. Usually I pick up cheap ones at goodwill or on deep clearance somewhere. My kids are 12 and 8 and they have never broken a glass yet and we have been using them for years. Our glasses break from my hubby dropping them....usually! If you are having a glass of lemonaid or a soda, put it in one of these glasses. They are fun, we all got them free. Use them at home and then you will be able to sell them at your shows without bringing them.

Michelle

wdpmap said:
I am not taking the stemware, but I have sold a set. I think this is something that will appeal to people that like to entertain or love wine. I don't think it is a "novelty" item either. A lot of people thought that about the SA line too. By having items that appeal to people who enjoy entertaining, but not cooking, will boost our bookings and our sales.

For those of you who don't drink wine, use these glasses for water or milk at dinner. We use stemware for everything. Usually I pick up cheap ones at goodwill or on deep clearance somewhere. My kids are 12 and 8 and they have never broken a glass yet and we have been using them for years. Our glasses break from my hubby dropping them....usually! If you are having a glass of lemonaid or a soda, put it in one of these glasses. They are fun, we all got them free. Use them at home and then you will be able to sell them at your shows without bringing them.

Michelle
GREAT advice!

If mine weren't still lost in the mail, I'd take one.

What are the pros of buying concert tickets?

1. Early access to tickets: One of the biggest pros of buying concert tickets is that you can often get early access to tickets before they go on sale to the general public. This gives you a better chance of securing seats to popular shows.

2. Choice of seats: When you buy tickets early, you have a wider selection of seats to choose from. This allows you to find the best seats for your budget and preferences.

3. Special deals and discounts: Many ticket sellers offer special deals and discounts to those who buy tickets early. This can save you money on the overall cost of the ticket.

4. Peace of mind: Buying tickets early gives you the peace of mind of knowing that you have secured your spot at the concert. This is especially important for popular shows that tend to sell out quickly.

5. Ability to plan ahead: By buying concert tickets early, you can plan your schedule and make any necessary arrangements for transportation or accommodations well in advance.

What are the cons of buying concert tickets?

1. Higher prices: When you buy tickets early, you may end up paying higher prices than if you waited for general sale. This is because ticket sellers often increase prices for early access tickets.

2. Limited selection: While buying tickets early gives you a wider selection of seats, it may also limit your options if you have a specific budget or seating preference.

3. Risk of cancellation: In some cases, concerts may be cancelled or rescheduled after tickets have already been purchased. This can be frustrating for those who have made travel arrangements or taken time off work.

4. Difficulty reselling tickets: If you are unable to attend the concert, it may be difficult to resell your tickets, especially if they were bought early and at a higher price.

5. Potential for fraud: There is always a risk of fraudulent ticket sellers, especially when buying tickets online. It's important to only purchase from reputable sources to avoid scams.

Is it better to buy concert tickets online or in person?

It ultimately depends on personal preference and convenience. Buying tickets online allows you to easily compare prices and availability, and you can do it from the comfort of your own home. However, buying tickets in person may give you the opportunity to see the seating layout and choose your seats in person.

Are there any tips for buying concert tickets?

1. Sign up for pre-sale notifications: Many artists and venues offer pre-sale notifications to their fans. This can give you early access to tickets and sometimes even exclusive discounts.

2. Follow ticket sellers on social media: Ticket sellers often post updates and announcements on their social media pages, so make sure to follow them for any important information.

3. Use multiple devices: If you're buying tickets online, try using different devices or browsers to increase your chances of getting tickets. Sometimes, one device may have a better connection or faster loading time.

4. Be ready when tickets go on sale: Make sure you have all the necessary information ready, such as credit card information and seating preferences, so you can quickly purchase tickets when they go on sale.

5. Consider buying insurance: Some ticket sellers offer insurance for an additional fee. This can protect you in case of cancellation or other unforeseen circumstances.

What should I do if I can't attend the concert after buying tickets?

If you are unable to attend the concert, you can try selling the tickets to someone else. You can also check if the ticket seller has a refund or exchange policy in place. Otherwise, you can consider giving the tickets to a friend or family member as a gift.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathytnt
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • ChefBeckyD