• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Is My Executive Cookware Compatible with a Flat Top Stove?

In summary, Jennie's boyfriend is going to buy her a new stove for Christmas. She is concerned about whether or not the flat top stove that she has can be used with the Executive cookware. Other participants recommend not using the stovetop directly and using a griddle instead.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
So my boyfriend decided that he is going to buy me a new stove for Christmas (along with a new microwave and stand up freezer and whatever else he has gotten).
Anyhow...I have the Executive Cookware and am curious if the flat top stoves are okay to use with this cookware? I have an electric stove and will still have one and would prefer a flat (ceramic) stove top but would like other cheffer's opinions.
He is going tomorrow so any advice tonight would be GREAT!! Thanks!!

I have a flat top stove and I use my executive cookware on it and does just fine it doesn't bother the stove or the cookware

Same here - works great!

Ditto! Just make sure both surfaces are clean (bottom of the pot and top of the stove) before using - it makes clean up a heck of a lot easier!

I have a glass cooktop and use all 4 sets PC has sold no problem with any of them

Love, Love, Love my GE Profile smooth top stove. I had the option of getting a gas stove in my new house last year and decided that I loved the smooth top in my old home so much I just couldn't see going back. I love that it is very easy to clean and gives your kitchen an even clean look. Differently like Diane said make sure the bottom of the pot and top of the stove is always clean before using and you will be very happy with your smooth top. Also, if you use your smooth top stove for an extra counter top make sure not to slide your stoneware on it, it will scratch.

Jennie has a good point. On my last stove I slid the stoneware on accident and scratched the stove a little bit. I use the silicone hot pad/trivets - I put them on top of my stove if I'm pulling something out of the oven (that is, of course, if I'm not using the stove top!)

Thank you all!!! I am going to get the flat top!!! Thanks!!!

see if they have one with a "bridge" it is awesome for the double burner griddle

Good point Teresa. Definitley get one that has a bridge burner for the griddle otherwise you may not be able to use your griddle.

Last edited:
I use my double griddle on mine all the time without a "bridge".

I don't have the double burner griddle. I am missing that piece and the 12qt stockpot from the Executive line.

I discussed with BF and DD the importance of NOT placing the stoneware pieces directly on the stovetop.

Thanks again for all of your help!!!

janetupnorth said:
I use my double griddle on mine all the time without a "bridge".

From what I understand on some models if they don't have a bridge burner and you use a griddle such as ours you run the risk of your smooth top breaking, make sure to check your owners manual.

Yikes - I never heard of that. I have used my DBG numerous times. I wonder why it would break?

I used to use it on my other glass cooktop but it sure is a wonderful feature when making sandwiches or fajitas and it is all heated evenly which it didn't before

1. What is the best type of stove for my needs?

The best type of stove depends on your cooking habits and preferences. Gas stoves provide more precise temperature control and are preferred by professional chefs, while electric stoves are typically more affordable and easier to clean.

2. What size stove should I get?

The size of your stove will depend on the size of your kitchen and your cooking needs. Standard stove sizes are typically 30 or 36 inches wide. Make sure to measure your space carefully and consider the number of burners you need for your cooking style.

3. How much should I expect to pay for a new stove?

The cost of a new stove can vary greatly depending on the brand, type, and features. On average, a basic electric stove will cost around $500, while a high-end gas range can cost upwards of $2000.

4. What features should I look for in a new stove?

Some important features to consider when buying a new stove include a self-cleaning option, convection cooking, and a variety of burner sizes for different cooking needs. Other features such as a built-in griddle or double oven can also be helpful depending on your cooking habits.

5. How can I ensure my new stove will fit in my kitchen?

Before purchasing a new stove, make sure to measure the space in your kitchen where it will be placed. Also, consider the size and placement of any existing cabinets or countertops to ensure a proper fit. If you are unsure, consult with a professional or use virtual measuring tools provided by some stove manufacturers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
  • MomToEli
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmelody
Replies