• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake for Dcb

In summary, to make Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake for Dcb, you will need 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled), 2 large eggs, 1 cup buttermilk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries. You can also use frozen blueberries, but make sure to thaw and pat them dry first. The buttermilk can be substituted with regular milk, but the end result may be slightly different. The cake can be stored in an airtight container at room
DebPC
Staff member
buttermilk40405_n.jpg

Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake

½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tsp. lemon zest
7/8 cup* + 1 tablespoon sugar**
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
½ cup buttermilk

* 7/8 cup = 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
** This 1 tablespoon is for sprinkling on top

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cream butter with lemon zest and 7/8 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy.

Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.

Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk. Fold in the blueberries.

Grease the Deep Covered Baker (or something similar) with non-stick spray. Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle batter with remaining tablespoon of sugar.

Bake for 35 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. If necessary, return pan to oven for a couple of more minutes. (Note: Baking for as long as 10 minutes more might be necessary.) Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.

That looks delicious!!!!!

Wow, this sounds delicious! I love using buttermilk in baking, it always adds such a nice tangy flavor. And blueberries are one of my favorite fruits, so I'm definitely going to try this recipe out. Thanks for sharing!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake for Dcb?

To make Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake for Dcb, you will need 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled), 2 large eggs, 1 cup buttermilk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries.

2. Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones?

Yes, you can use frozen blueberries in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them completely and pat them dry before adding them to the batter.

3. Can I substitute the buttermilk with regular milk?

Yes, you can substitute the buttermilk with regular milk in this recipe. However, the buttermilk adds a tangy flavor and helps make the cake moist, so the end result may be slightly different.

4. How do I store the Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake for Dcb?

You can store the Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake for Dcb in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want to keep it longer, you can store it in the fridge for up to a week.

5. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend instead of regular flour. Just make sure to check the ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies