• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Meal and Snack Tips for Busy Moms and Dads | Apple Wedger Trick and More!

In summary, for a "Busy Moms/Dads" show, you could offer the apple wedger trick of coring an apple and filling it with peanut butter as a quick and healthy snack for kids. Other suggestions could include using the apple peeler/corer/slicer and the Cut n seal for investment cooking, such as making pot roast in a 9x13 baker using cream of mushroom soup as the liquid. Other quick and easy meal ideas could be made using the small stoneware bar board in toaster ovens, toaster bags for making grilled cheese or heating up leftovers, and the Cut n seal for making sandwiches on the go. Additionally, showcasing Fast Family Favorites recipes from older Celebration cookbooks, such as the fajitas,
LGray
I have a host who is wanting to do a "Busy Moms/Dads" show. Does anyone have any tips on what I can offer to guests. I'm going to teach them the "how to use the apple wedger to core an apple and fill with peanut butter" trick, but I need some more tips to help moms/dads fix quick snacks and meals. Maybe some tips on "investment cooking" might be good as well.

busy moms/dads replyDon't forget the apple peeler/corer/slicer w/stand. Kids adore that! And the Cut n seal. Investment cooking....how 'bout the pot roast in the 9x13 baker using cream of mushroom soup as the liquid?

I like the idea of a Busy Moms/Busy Dads show.

You could suggest the small stoneware bar board to use in toaster ovens. If the kids aren't too young, they can make things like Hot Pockets, Pizza Rolls, frozen chicken nuggets, etc. in the toaster oven in no time.

Good luck :)

There are tons of recipes you could show or tell about that you can make in under 20 minutes or less. I'd demo one and tell which cookbooks have the others.

I would talk about the stones since they are a time saver...no turning the nuggets or fries and clean up quickly. I'd also talk about the toaster bags (can make grilled cheese in the toaster, heat up left overs like omelet) and the the cut 'n seal. The cut 'n seal is one kids can use and they can make sandwiches to go.

You might want to do a Fast Family Favorites recipes from the older Celebration recipes. The fajitas are quick and easy.

LGray said:
I have a host who is wanting to do a "Busy Moms/Dads" show. Does anyone have any tips on what I can offer to guests. I'm going to teach them the "how to use the apple wedger to core an apple and fill with peanut butter" trick, but I need some more tips to help moms/dads fix quick snacks and meals. Maybe some tips on "investment cooking" might be good as well.

I would like the recipe you mentioned about using the "apple wedger and filling the apple with peanut butter trick". That sounds like a fast healthy snack for kids! I love the idea for a busy moms/dads show. What parent isn't busy these days?? Eating on the run, packing lunches ahead of time....in which case I would recommend the new Chillzanne To Go!

Erica :)

Erica...it's not really a recipe. This was told at National Conference. Great tip to pass onto your guests. I talk about this when I am talking about my new products. I wrote my talk below that includes the National Conference tips plus my own.

Do you know how to tell a fresh apple from an older apple? Turn the apple over and look at the blossom on the bottom. If the blossom is closed, it is a fresher apple....open older apple.
Take your apple wedger and use it on an apple about 3/4 of the way then pull it off. Snap off the core. Fill the center with peanut butter. (Need to put a rubber band around it) You have a healthy snack for you or your kids. Just snap off an apple wedge and dip it right into the peanut butter.
You can also use the wedger on potatoes. Wedge your potatoes and cook on the rectange stone. Spray with some olive oil and sprinkle your spices on top. Voila...healthy, delicious potatoes wedges.
Let me tell you another great product...The Corer. Have you ever eaten an apple in the car and you were not sure what to do with the apple core?? Why not core your apples before you leave and you have a healthy snack and no mess. I use this as well on potatoes. Core a potato and hold onto the core. Chop the ends off the potato and discard the CENTER. Fill your potato with toppings like cheese and bacon bits then use the ends to PLUG up your potato and cook. Potato Suprise!

1. What is the Busy Moms/Busy Dads Show?

The Busy Moms/Busy Dads Show is a cooking demonstration and workshop specifically designed for busy parents. It showcases quick and easy recipes that can be made in a short amount of time, perfect for those with busy schedules.

2. What types of recipes are featured in the Busy Moms/Busy Dads Show?

We feature a variety of recipes that are easy to prepare and save time in the kitchen. These include one-pot meals, slow cooker recipes, 20-minute dinners, and make-ahead breakfasts and snacks.

3. Are the ingredients for the recipes easy to find?

Yes, all of the ingredients used in the Busy Moms/Busy Dads Show are readily available at most grocery stores. We also provide alternatives and substitutions for certain ingredients to accommodate dietary restrictions or preferences.

4. Can I bring my kids to the Busy Moms/Busy Dads Show?

Yes, the show is designed to be family-friendly and we welcome parents to bring their children along. We even have some kid-friendly recipes that they can help prepare!

5. Is there a cost to attend the Busy Moms/Busy Dads Show?

No, the show is free to attend. However, there may be an option to purchase some of the kitchen tools and products used in the demonstration if you are interested.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • ivykeep
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShorelineChef
  • thehaleykitchen