• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Turnover Rate: Comparing to Other Direct Selling Businesses

It was sooo much fun, but it's just soo hard work now! It's hard to keep your best customers and it's hard to find new ones!You are right, it is hard work. But the rewards are great. I think the rewards are what keeps many people in the business.I soo agree.. I tried Avon before PC.. what a waste of Time and money! lol :pIt merely pointed out the low cost to join. It ranks as #1 in popularity, and is probably based on number of new consultants joined. I think many people join initially because it's just $10, and they aren't aware of just how hard they'll have to work. Could you imagine several new
christinaspc
Silver Member
Today I was reading a piece on some other home based business and it was talking about the turnover rate some of them had and I was thinking Mary Kay was the highest with a 85% turnover rate it got me wondering about pampered chef I was wondering if anyone knew or read about our turnover rate compared to other direct selling business.

Where were you reading this? I'd like to read it too! :D

Doesn't suprise me at all!

No clue, but a good question. Thanks for the links....I wonder if they mean popularity for joining or among customers. Either way, it's cool that we're number 2. I know it only costs $10 to join Avon, which I think plays a big part in the ranking.

I totally agree with you Laurie about the avon start up but it is great ranking #2

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
No clue, but a good question. Thanks for the links....I wonder if they mean popularity for joining or among customers. Either way, it's cool that we're number 2. I know it only costs $10 to join Avon, which I think plays a big part in the ranking.

Yes it's only $10 to join but that only gives you enough for 2 campaigns and that's just books. You still have to order bags, samples if you want to use them, and books with every two week order. I used to sell Avon, I tried it twice. First time I was highly focused on recruiting because that's the only way to make money. With avon though when you recruit you lose all your best customers and it's harder to find new one unless you work in some massive office where soliciting is allowed. I gave up eventually. I tried it again with just planning on selling and not worrying about recruiting. I just wanted pt income without a set schedule. Didn't do much better and found with PC I can earn so much more with less effort. And you don't lose as many sales with recruits.

kcmckay said:
Yes it's only $10 to join but that only gives you enough for 2 campaigns and that's just books. You still have to order bags, samples if you want to use them, and books with every two week order. I used to sell Avon, I tried it twice. First time I was highly focused on recruiting because that's the only way to make money. With avon though when you recruit you lose all your best customers and it's harder to find new one unless you work in some massive office where soliciting is allowed. I gave up eventually. I tried it again with just planning on selling and not worrying about recruiting. I just wanted pt income without a set schedule. Didn't do much better and found with PC I can earn so much more with less effort. And you don't lose as many sales with recruits.

I soo agree.. I tried Avon before PC.. what a waste of Time and money! lol :p

I merely pointed out the low cost to join. It ranks as #1 in popularity, and is probably based on number of new consultants joined. I think many people join initially because it's just $10, and they aren't aware of just how hard they'll have to work. Could you imagine several new catalogs every 2 weeks!?!

That's why I think rating #2 as most popular is fabulous! I think job satisfaction and retention would be interesting to see across all these companies.

I have a PartyLite rep as a friend. He is complaining that he just bought catalogs for the winter season and is now looking at having to buy more for Spring. Then there are all the other little extras of wax, and products and It costs him about $100 to just go another season! It is nuts. My Mom did MaryKay - it cost her a fortune in products just to keep doing parties! At least our stuff lasts longer than just a couple of face fulls of makeup! And I know an Avon Rep. The problem she has is that everyone else is doing it too! Not enough to make it full time at all but there are enough of them to keep each ones business really low in profit!

Yup, I sold AVON for 5 years before I started PC and sold over $15000 a year worth, but NEVER MADE any money. Between buying new books every two weeks, bags, driving all over to deliver, it was a big old pain in the rump LOL

1. What is the average turnover rate for Pampered Chef compared to other direct selling businesses?

The average turnover rate for Pampered Chef is significantly lower than other direct selling businesses. According to a 2019 Direct Selling Association report, the average turnover rate for direct selling businesses is around 34%, while Pampered Chef's turnover rate is only 8.7%.

2. What factors contribute to Pampered Chef's low turnover rate?

Pampered Chef's low turnover rate can be attributed to several factors. These include the company's strong focus on training and support for their consultants, a generous compensation plan, and a diverse product line that appeals to a wide range of customers.

3. How does Pampered Chef retain its consultants?

Pampered Chef has a variety of tactics in place to retain its consultants. These include providing ongoing training and support, offering incentives and rewards for top performers, and creating a positive and inclusive community for consultants to connect with one another.

4. What impact does a low turnover rate have on Pampered Chef's business?

A low turnover rate is beneficial for Pampered Chef as it reduces the costs associated with constantly recruiting and training new consultants. It also allows the company to maintain a strong and consistent team of consultants who are knowledgeable and experienced in the products and business model.

5. Is Pampered Chef's low turnover rate sustainable in the long term?

While there is no guarantee for the future, Pampered Chef has consistently maintained a low turnover rate over the years. This can be attributed to the company's strong focus on building and maintaining relationships with their consultants and continuously improving their business model. As long as these strategies remain a priority, it is likely that Pampered Chef will continue to have a low turnover rate in the long term.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jana Hance
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies