• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Business Turnover

christinaspc

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Oct 6, 2007
Today I was reading a piece on some other home based business and it was talking about the turnover rate some of them had and I was thinking Mary Kay was the highest with a 85% turnover rate it got me wondering about pampered chef I was wondering if anyone knew or read about our turnover rate compared to other direct selling business.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Where were you reading this? I'd like to read it too! :D

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
Doesn't suprise me at all!

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
No clue, but a good question. Thanks for the links....I wonder if they mean popularity for joining or among customers. Either way, it's cool that we're number 2. I know it only costs $10 to join Avon, which I think plays a big part in the ranking.

christinaspc

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Oct 6, 2007
I totally agree with you Laurie about the avon start up but it is great ranking #2

kcmckay

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Feb 24, 2008
No clue, but a good question. Thanks for the links....I wonder if they mean popularity for joining or among customers. Either way, it's cool that we're number 2. I know it only costs $10 to join Avon, which I think plays a big part in the ranking.

Yes it's only $10 to join but that only gives you enough for 2 campaigns and that's just books. You still have to order bags, samples if you want to use them, and books with every two week order. I used to sell Avon, I tried it twice. First time I was highly focused on recruiting because that's the only way to make money. With avon though when you recruit you lose all your best customers and it's harder to find new one unless you work in some massive office where soliciting is allowed. I gave up eventually. I tried it again with just planning on selling and not worrying about recruiting. I just wanted pt income without a set schedule. Didn't do much better and found with PC I can earn so much more with less effort. And you don't lose as many sales with recruits.

heat123

Legend Member
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2005
Yes it's only $10 to join but that only gives you enough for 2 campaigns and that's just books. You still have to order bags, samples if you want to use them, and books with every two week order. I used to sell Avon, I tried it twice. First time I was highly focused on recruiting because that's the only way to make money. With avon though when you recruit you lose all your best customers and it's harder to find new one unless you work in some massive office where soliciting is allowed. I gave up eventually. I tried it again with just planning on selling and not worrying about recruiting. I just wanted pt income without a set schedule. Didn't do much better and found with PC I can earn so much more with less effort. And you don't lose as many sales with recruits.

I soo agree.. I tried Avon before PC.. what a waste of Time and money! lol :p

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
I merely pointed out the low cost to join. It ranks as #1 in popularity, and is probably based on number of new consultants joined. I think many people join initially because it's just $10, and they aren't aware of just how hard they'll have to work. Could you imagine several new catalogs every 2 weeks!?!

That's why I think rating #2 as most popular is fabulous! I think job satisfaction and retention would be interesting to see across all these companies.

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
I have a PartyLite rep as a friend. He is complaining that he just bought catalogs for the winter season and is now looking at having to buy more for Spring. Then there are all the other little extras of wax, and products and It costs him about $100 to just go another season! It is nuts. My Mom did MaryKay - it cost her a fortune in products just to keep doing parties! At least our stuff lasts longer than just a couple of face fulls of makeup! And I know an Avon Rep. The problem she has is that everyone else is doing it too! Not enough to make it full time at all but there are enough of them to keep each ones business really low in profit!

Jul 24, 2009
Yup, I sold AVON for 5 years before I started PC and sold over $15000 a year worth, but NEVER MADE any money. Between buying new books every two weeks, bags, driving all over to deliver, it was a big old pain in the rump LOL

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
WestCoastPC
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views