• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Creative Business Spotlight Display Ideas?

In summary, the local Home Savings and Loan offers a Business Spotlight service where businesses can set up a table for two weeks to advertise. The person in the conversation got the table for two weeks and is asking for ideas on how to set up their display. They mention using the DCB package and other financial savvy themes. There is concern about leaving products unattended and suggestions are given to use display stands and mini catalogs. The person also plans to do a drawing for a free show and has two shows the following week. It is mentioned that the bank is a popular spot for this service and that it is considered safe to leave products there.
chefHLM
Our local Home Savings and Loan does a Business Spotlight where you can go in for free and set up a 6 ft. table to advertise your business. I got the table for 2 weeks! I need ideas for a display, I'll be setting the table and leaving my display there! I really won't be needing too many of my products for shows since I can't book those 2 weeks anyways because of a surgery and NC during that time frame. Any suggestions will be appreciated! :D

Wow congratulations! Not to beat a dead horse, but if it were me I'd totally focus on the DCB package and how so many meals can be made without heating up your kitchen in less than 30 minutes for less than drive through...how financially savvy of a theme to have in a bank ;)

Are you considering leaving products there unattended? I would be concerned they would walk.

That is a great idea! What is in it for them, out of curiosity. Do you pay a fee or is this just a service they supply to the community?

Thanks for the info!

chefcharity said:
That is a great idea! What is in it for them, out of curiosity. Do you pay a fee or is this just a service they supply to the community?

Thanks for the info!

It's just a service they provide for the community. I have to take them in a business card and they're making a poster to promote the 2 weeks I'll be there...well my display anyways LOL.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Are you considering leaving products there unattended? I would be concerned they would walk.
Yeah, I'm a little worried about that too. I'm going to talk to the woman running this about it when I drop off my business card to her. If I do take products I'm definitely not taking anything small. This is right in the lobby so my guess is that they'll have someone watching over the table...I'm hoping so at least. But still I don't want to take anything "pocket sized". My hubby works retail in an electronics dept. I wonder if he could bring me home some spider wraps or something and I can chain my stuff to the table LOL.

chefHLM said:
Yeah, I'm a little worried about that too. I'm going to talk to the woman running this about it when I drop off my business card to her. If I do take products I'm definitely not taking anything small. This is right in the lobby so my guess is that they'll have someone watching over the table...I'm hoping so at least. But still I don't want to take anything "pocket sized". My hubby works retail in an electronics dept. I wonder if he could bring me home some spider wraps or something and I can chain my stuff to the table LOL.

LOL! Even the banks chain down pens!

Maybe getting some display stands and using the display cards would be a good way to go.

I also suggest putting out some mini catalogs. Can you do a drawing slip for a prize? I'm thinking it would be worth it to get contact info.

I have a table at my bank next week! It's a very popular thing with my bank. In fact, I inquired about it last October, and this was the first open date!:eek:

My SIL, who works at the bank, says that it's pretty safe to leave my products. She said that a lady who makes homemade jewelry left jewelry there for a week, with no problems!

I'm going to have to work on what to do with the table. I keep procrastinating on figuring out the display. I do know I'll have the following:

Mini Catalogs
Recipe Cards (one kind at a time - I'll refill throughout the week)
Sign-up for Newsletter
Drawing for Free Show

I also have 2 shows next week, so I'm not sure what I'll be doing for a product display. I'll need alot of my stuff!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have a table at my bank next week! It's a very popular thing with my bank. In fact, I inquired about it last October, and this was the first open date!:eek:

My SIL, who works at the bank, says that it's pretty safe to leave my products. She said that a lady who makes homemade jewelry left jewelry there for a week, with no problems!

I'm going to have to work on what to do with the table. I keep procrastinating on figuring out the display. I do know I'll have the following:

Mini Catalogs
Recipe Cards (one kind at a time - I'll refill throughout the week)
Sign-up for Newsletter
Drawing for Free Show

I also have 2 shows next week, so I'm not sure what I'll be doing for a product display. I'll need alot of my stuff!

OHHH...I didn't think of a page to sign up for my newsletter! Thanks! I got a few packs of the HWC recipe cards to leave and also have some that I printed here at home in case I ran out of the HWC ones. The days that I'll be at NC I'm going to have my hubby go and check my display for me, refill, etc.

I thought about bringing in a little treat for the employees when I come in to check on my table....

Perhaps include a game to attract attention. Fill your trifle bowl with gum balls or something and have people guess how many there are in the trifle bowl. The winner gets a free cookbook or something to that effect.

A treat for them would be nice!
A game might be fun, but I would be afraid the candy would get eaten since I won't be there to protect it LOL.
I'll have to think of something fun to draw attention!

Whoo Hooo!

Just went in to the bank to get change for our Garage Sale...and discovered that whoever was supposed to be set up for this week never came in!

Sooo, they told me to come on in and set up anytime! AND - the business that was supposed to be the first week of June canceled, so they told me to go ahead and take that week too!:thumbup:

If I can get set up today, I'll be able to hit the crowd coming in before the Holiday Weekend!:D:sing:

That's great, Becky! I hope it gets you some business and leads!

pamperedharriet said:
That's great, Becky! I hope it gets you some business and leads!

Ditto! LOL:thumbup:

WAHOOOOOOO!

I've been gone this afternoon with DS for a playdate w/ the cousins...and I came home to a phone message from someone saying they wanted to book a show.

Turns out, she was in the bank today, and picked up a mini catalog...and she booked for the 16th of June!

So - I invested $10 in stuff to make my display, and I feel like it's payed off already!
The best thing about this is that my bank is within walking distance from my house, so all of the contacts I make will be local. I am dropping off a host packet to her this evening, and she told me she will have all of her addresses ready for me when I drop off the packet.
Easy Peasy!

That is great, Becky!!!!!!

That sounds like a dream to me. Wow way to go.

Amazing and cool Becky! Congrats, you deserve it!

ChefBeckyD said:
WAHOOOOOOO!

I've been gone this afternoon with DS for a playdate w/ the cousins...and I came home to a phone message from someone saying they wanted to book a show.

Turns out, she was in the bank today, and picked up a mini catalog...and she booked for the 16th of June!

So - I invested $10 in stuff to make my display, and I feel like it's payed off already!
The best thing about this is that my bank is within walking distance from my house, so all of the contacts I make will be local. I am dropping off a host packet to her this evening, and she told me she will have all of her addresses ready for me when I drop off the packet.
Easy Peasy!

Wahoo! That's awesome! I hope I mine goes as well! I stopped in today to drop off my biz card for them to make fliers and some books for the staff. I've decided to make my table mostly about the DCB, versatility, highlighting sets (I came up with a few different ones), and the $2 meals. We'll see how it goes!

Good luck Holly! I do hope it is super successful!

chefHLM said:
Wahoo! That's awesome! I hope I mine goes as well! I stopped in today to drop off my biz card for them to make fliers and some books for the staff. I've decided to make my table mostly about the DCB, versatility, highlighting sets (I came up with a few different ones), and the $2 meals. We'll see how it goes!

Holly, I made my table very generic. The bank provides the table, and it's a small one (4 feet maybe?) I bought 3 pieces of black foam core board and taped them together to make a tri-fold display board. (it was $15 to buy one, and $6 to make my own!) I did black, because I'd seen some posted on here, and black really makes your info pop!

In the Middle Section - I put a small banner that says The Pampered Chef at the top of the board, and under that, I put a flyer I made that says: "Host a Fun Summer Show!" (I'm attaching it) I printed this out on bright blue paper...and then all around it in small cut-outs, I have a bunch of different show ideas: Thrill of the Grill Show! Bridal Showers! Fundraisers! Couples Shows! Real Food Real Fast Shows!, etc....

Then on both of the sides, I just printed up the Host Specials for June, July, and August, and attached them to the board.

In front of the trifold board, I have a signup sheet for my Newsletter, a SS bowl w/ a place to register for a drawing for a $20 gift certificate, the cracker tray and snack bowls w/ candy in 3 bowls and my business cards in the 4th bowl, recruiting info, fundraiser info, recipe cards, and mini catalogs. I have a few tools in a very small display, but not much in the way of product at all.

That's it. I got the one booking last night, and I am going in today to check my levels on supplies - I'll see if I have any other interest so far then.

Attachments

• Host A Show (bank display).doc
    9 KB · Views: 490
chefHLM said:

Good luck, Holly--sounds like a great idea!

Keep us posted. I would love to hear more and maybe even see some pics of your display too!

I don't get the table until June 29, but I will definitely post some pics...well, if I can figure that one out! LOL I'm looking into getting another table at the branch in the city next to ours, just waiting for them to call me back.

1. What are some unique Business Spotlight ideas?

Some unique Business Spotlight ideas include featuring a specific product and demonstrating its versatility, hosting a themed cooking party, showcasing a customer success story, collaborating with a local charity, or highlighting a trending recipe or cooking technique.

2. How can I make my Business Spotlight stand out?

To make your Business Spotlight stand out, consider using eye-catching visuals, incorporating interactive elements such as polls or contests, including customer testimonials, and offering exclusive deals or promotions for attendees.

3. How do I promote my Business Spotlight event?

You can promote your Business Spotlight event by utilizing social media platforms, sending out email invitations to your customers and contacts, creating flyers or posters to display in your local community, and partnering with other businesses or influencers to cross-promote the event.

4. What are some benefits of hosting a Business Spotlight event?

Hosting a Business Spotlight event can help increase brand awareness, showcase your products and services, generate new leads and potential customers, and create a sense of community among your customers and supporters.

5. Can I customize the Business Spotlight event to fit my business's needs?

Yes, you can customize the Business Spotlight event to fit your business's specific needs and goals. You can choose the theme, format, and activities that align with your brand and target audience, making the event unique and tailored to your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• julia.poe
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MHPampered
  • Jessica Miller