• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adopting Business Hours as a Director - Advice Requested

Independent DirectorI have regular office hours, but I also work from home a lot. I try to keep my business hours consistent, but I'm flexible. In summary, Brenda K. recommends that directors set business hours to allow family time and to have more control over when consultants can reach her. Lisa K. recommends that directors have regular office hours and be flexible.
Brenda K.
Gold Member
HI everyone, I would like some advice. I am having my third child and have been very busy up to this point. I have decided that I have been allowing Pampered Chef to cut into my personal time with family.

I am a Director now and wanted to have some business hours where consultants can call and ask questions, rather than like I have now calling whenever they want.

I would love it if any Directors would give me their feedback about what they do with their downline, concerning business hours or any other feedback they think would be useful. Thank you.

Brenda K. Independent Director

I'm not a director YET (i will be in the next 2 months) but I don't set any business hours. If i'm gone, I'm gone and people can just leave a message!

I'm not a director (will be a future director in a week or so!) but I try to keep pretty consistent "office hours." This isn't necessarily for customers and consultants as much as it is for me and my family. Every Wednesday is PC Day. This is the day I go to the Post Office, make calls, etc. This has really helped me stay on top of things with my business. Of course, I do these things other days as well, but Wednesday is a definite no matter what.

if you are inclined to change your message by the day state the day and I am in my office today between 8 - 4. I must be on another call please leave a message and I'll return your call ASAP.
OR if I'm out of my office I tell them to leave a message w phone # and what they need and I'll return the call tomorrow during my office hours.
of course if its family or friends I'll call back when I'm cooking etc but office hours for PC are just that OFFICE HOURS!!!

When you have your next team meeting tell your team that you need to establish business hours so that your family can have your undivided attention - remind them that one of the perks of having a PC business is working it around your life. Either TELL them when your business hours are or take a poll and ask them when they want you available (just give them a few choices so YOU are in control).

When you book shows you can also tell your hosts your business hours.

I do also tell consultants and hosts that they can ALWAYS email me or leave a message and I will get back to them as soon as I can. That way you can give a quick return call during nap time or other down time inbetween business hours.

I was at a training retreat with one of the very successful Executive Directors. At it I learned her office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Of course she holds shows and meetings in the evening, but she holds to her office hours for everything else. I am striving to do the same, but I am not there yet.

Lisa

What are the benefits of adopting business hours as a Director?

Adopting business hours as a Director allows for better time management and work-life balance. It also helps create a more structured and efficient work environment, leading to increased productivity and better communication within the team.

How do I determine the best business hours for my team?

The best business hours for your team will depend on various factors such as your target market, the nature of your business, and the location of your team members. Consider conducting a survey or discussing with your team to determine the most suitable business hours for everyone.

What if some team members cannot work during the designated business hours?

It is important to be flexible and accommodating to your team members' schedules. If someone cannot work during the designated business hours, consider offering alternative options such as flexible start and end times or remote work options.

How do I effectively communicate the adoption of business hours to my team?

Communication is key when adopting business hours as a Director. Be sure to clearly explain the reasons for the change and how it will benefit the team. Provide ample notice and allow for open discussion to address any concerns or questions.

What can I do to ensure a smooth transition to the new business hours?

To ensure a smooth transition, be sure to set clear expectations and guidelines for the new business hours. It may also be helpful to provide resources or training for time management and productivity to help team members adjust to the change. Regularly check in with your team to gather feedback and make any necessary adjustments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda K.
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • baychef