• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Successfully Promote My Business Grand Opening?

In summary, the Pampered Chef offers a great way to start your own business while still providing practical kitchen tools and gadgets to your customers. Plus, hosting a show is really easy and a great way to get your customers together!
pchefinski
I have read about some consultants doing a "Grand Opening" for their business, and was wondering how they did it. I'm new to my area, and don't know many people. I tried an Open House this past May, but no one showed up. I've been trying to think of something that I can write up to send out (via email) to a bunch of friends/family that is geared toward this (Grand Opening). Do you just write up a small blurp about how you're starting your business and need/want help in building it? I'm at a loss here! Lately I've been pulling in catalog shows that are an average of $500+, so even if I can get some catalog shows out of this, it would be great.

Thanks for all of your help.
God bless,
Amanda

This is just a letter I sent out to everyone I knew when I started my business nearly 3 years ago. I didn't do my own show as one of my first six shows (the requirement used to be six, not four), but I would definitely promote it as a Grand Opening and not an open house.

I will also attach a letter I sent to all my neighbors in my old neighborhood when I started up.

Feel free to tweak them if you want and use it! :)

Would it be too late to host one of these in December, or should I just wait until January? (And Becky, thanks for the two flyers..they're great!)

You're welcome! I don't think it's too late at all. It would be a GREAT thing to offer last-minute shopping for people. Also "invite" people from out of town to participate by adding an "online" component to it. Or do it through your website if you have one. You have until Dec. 14th to submit orders, so you'd have time to give people enough notice to come AND to get the orders in on time. Promote it with a theme where people will know they'll learn something like "easy entertaining ideas" or "easy gift-giving ideas." I'm sure you'll get more suggestions here. But I would say go for it! :)

I did my GO shows!I started this month and did 2 Grandopening shows. 1 on a sunday and 1 on a week night( to allow schedule conveniences) for people.

I had premade my 4 recipes and did a tool demo using a potato while they ate. I had 2 games with prizes lined up. I did 2 raffles. And talked about stoneware and some other favorite products during my potato demo. I invited 65+ people but only 16 showed total 10 on sunday and 6 on tuesday. So the turn out was alot lower than expected but at least each show qualified with some $300 each show which was good enough for me.

good luck if you decide to do one!

Okay so I tweaked that letter from Becky :D and this is what I came up with. Any changes before I email it out? I don't want to sound absolutely desperate!! lol. Thanks a ton. :)

==========================
Hello everyone!

I'm very excited to announce that I have just started my own business and have become a Pampered Chef Independent Kitchen Consultant! *This may not be a huge surprise to many of you who know of my deep love for cooking. Well, though I once found joy in the commercial kitchen only, I have now found the same joy and excitement in The Pampered Chef! And, since I REALLY love the products, I decided to sell them myself! *It's quite a new endeavor for me, but I'm really excited. *I look at it as a personal challenge, as well as a way to enhance my full-time occupation of stay-at-home mom to little Elijah.

For those of you not familiar with The Pampered Chef, it is a home-based company that sells really neat kitchen tools and gadgets that make cooking so much easier and much more fun--without sacrificing practicality! *The main way this occurs is through the "Kitchen Show." *This is where a Kitchen Consultant comes into your home to demonstrate several products while making yummy recipes. *And everyone gets to eat the results! *The host of the Show receives a folder of information explaining the best way to plan the Show, including invitations and a checklist. *The host provides the ingredients for the recipe(s), as well as some drinks, paper plates and any silver/plasticware at the Kitchen Show. *Just having hosted a show a few months ago, I can tell you it involves minimal preparation time and it's FUN to get friends and family together for a party! *The best part is the host earns some wonderful rewards and benefits. Compared to similar home-based companies, I really think they have the most generous host rewards. *As a Host, you would have the opportunity to earn free products, half-price products and other discounted products! *Plus, our Hosts can take advantage of the current monthly special, marked down 60% just for them! And a 10% discount for a year after the show! Oh, and let's not forget FREE SHIPPING on your order! *I can tell you more specifics about all of these and more ... just ask!

There is also a way to host a Catalog Show if you don't want to do a Kitchen Show, or if you do not live within tangible driving distance of me. In hosting a Catalog Show, you can earn almost exactly the same benefits of hosting a Kitchen Show! (The only difference is $15 Free Product Value--an exclusive hospitality gift given to Kitchen Show hosts as a thank you for opening up their home to the guests and consultant.) As a Catalog Show host, you simply collect orders using our beautiful catalogs and submit the orders to me--and the products are shipped directly to your front door! My Catalog Show hosts average about $75 in free product value, 2 half-priced items and a 25% discount-- it's easy to get the same Host rewards with a Catalog show!

And, as this is the introduction period of my business, I am running a few GRAND OPENING SPECIALS!

SPECIAL!
~The first 10 hosts to book a Kitchen Show with me will host for free! I will provide all ingredients for one (1) demo recipe of your choice! ($15 value)
~The first 10 hosts to book a Catalog Show with me will receive a gift of $15 in Free Product Value, enabling them to receive the same Free Product Values as a Kitchen Show Host!

SPECIAL!
~Have two hosts book from your show and receive your choice of the Classic Batter Bowl or the Quikstir Pitcher for FREE! (at close of 2nd show)
~Have four hosts book from your show and receive your choice of the Rectangular Stone or the Large Round stone for FREE! (at close of 4th show)

SPECIAL!
~For every $25 you spend (before tax & shipping), you will be entered to win a $50 GIFT CERTIFICATE! *One winner will be drawn for every 50 entries. This special applies to all who order, including hosts, show guests, and individual customers. *

I would appreciate your help and support as I try to build my business. *If you are interested in hosting a Kitchen Show (or a Catalog Show, especially for those out of town), I would LOVE to work with you! *Or if you know someone else who would be interested in either of those, it would be great if you could pass their name on to me. If you are interested in attending one of my upcoming Shows as a guest, please let me know! *You can come to see what it's all about and maybe you'll consider hosting your own show. *I would enjoy receiving your feedback on my presentation and the products. *

Amanda Cukryznski
Independent Kitchen Consultant
of The Pampered Chef
724-627-0370
[email protected]
============================
Thanks again :) You all are a ton of help.. [P.S. I don't know why there are asterisks everywhere! lol]

Last edited:
Good Luck!Amanda, that is a great letter! I think it should do the trick :)

Good Luck!

great letterI agree that it is a great letter too. My only concern would be the length. People may get discouraged by seeing so much writing! Could you shorten it or make it into a flier? Just a suggestion...

Well when it is on a standard page, it only fills about 3/4 or so of the page.. it just looks longer here, mostly b/c I had to space it weird to make sure the points were made on this version. The one I have saved to my computer is a bit shorter than that. But I probably should see if I can trim it down, huh? Thanks for your advice! I'm going to send this out tonight (I hope) and I'll let you know what kind of response I get.

1. What is the purpose of a Business Grand Opening?

A Business Grand Opening is an event that celebrates the launch of a new business and introduces it to the community. It is a great opportunity to generate buzz and attract potential customers.

2. How can I promote my Business Grand Opening?

There are many ways to promote your Business Grand Opening, including social media, flyers, email marketing, and word-of-mouth. You can also partner with other local businesses to cross-promote the event.

3. What should I include in my Business Grand Opening event?

Your Business Grand Opening event should include activities and promotions that will attract and engage customers. This could include product demonstrations, giveaways, special discounts, and entertainment.

4. How can I make my Business Grand Opening stand out?

To make your Business Grand Opening stand out, you can offer unique experiences or activities, collaborate with local influencers or businesses, or create a theme for the event. You can also use creative decorations and signage to make your business visually appealing.

5. How do I measure the success of my Business Grand Opening?

The success of your Business Grand Opening can be measured by the number of attendees, sales generated during the event, and post-event feedback from customers. You can also track the increase in brand awareness and customer engagement after the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tdixon
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tdixon
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katylunsford
  • kaylasmommy12605