• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Business Card Tips for New Entrepreneurs - DIY Logo Ideas

In summary, you are allowed to put a PC logo on your DIY business card, but do not include your home address. You can find cards with other's logos online or at a local print shop.
msmileyface
Hello,

Since I have just started my business and I am still "in the red", I am trying not to spend too much until I make some money back. Therefore I bought a DIY business card kit at the office store to make some on my computer. Am I allowed to put a PC logo on my card, since I am not making it through Merrill (I didn't even know about Merrill before I bought this kit, my mistake)? If not, what would you recommend I put on it in terms of a graphic or logo?

Thank you!

Yes, you may download the logo from CC and use it on business cards that you print yourself.

Go to Google and search "business card site:chefsuccess.com" to find posts with others' business cards to get ideas.

Like Noora said, you absolutely can make your own cards with the logo! What you can't do is provide the logo to an outside vendor, like VistaPrint or a local print shop, to have cards printed. Making cards yourself is a good economical choice, especially if your phone numbers or email address might change.I do recommend NOT including your home address on your cards, because you never know who will end up with one of them. If anyone needs your address (like to mail you payment for an order), they can call you for it.

Check out vista print they have some great deals .

chefann said:
Like Noora said, you absolutely can make your own cards with the logo! What you can't do is provide the logo to an outside vendor, like VistaPrint or a local print shop, to have cards printed. Making cards yourself is a good economical choice, especially if your phone numbers or email address might change.

I do recommend NOT including your home address on your cards, because you never know who will end up with one of them. If anyone needs your address (like to mail you payment for an order), they can call you for it.

I COMPLETELY agree with not providing your address......I made that mistake and I ordered mine through Merrill. I am so afraid to put my cards out anywhere publicly because they all have my home address & I don't know who may pick one up. LOTS of weird and crazy people in Atlanta, so I am very leary of publicizing my address.

Here's a tip for the back of your cards .... print a sticker to apply on the back with the rewards of hosting a show!! If you leave your cards on display somewhere they will still get the info you would have told them about in person.PS - I agree - no address - no one needs to know where you live. I also used my cell # rather than my home phone.

I use my PO Box address and if it's within your budget, I would recommend renting a PO Box for your business correspondence (if that's all you use it for, HELLO tax write off!)

That way people do not see your home address, but they can contact you by mail when they need to.

I agree with not using your home address. I'm not worried that someone won't show up at my house (GPS systems can't find me), I just don't want someone to assume I live too far away to do their show. Plus, I want to make sure my cards are easy to read. Look at it this way, the likelihood that someone will need to mail you something is slim. Most people will want your phone number, email, and website. As for phone number, if you use your cell for business, use that number. If you welcome texts, let people know. Many of my younger customers communicate mostly by text.

I agree with many points especially what Rae said about location. In the beginning I had people assume since my town was 15 miles away I would not want to do a show there... Ugh...Oh and personally I have never had need of a PO box. All other ways to get ahold of me are on my card. Of course we all can run our business how we like. It's one of my favorite things about PC.

1. How can I design an effective business card?

When designing your business card, make sure to include your company name, your name and job title, contact information such as phone number and email, and your company logo. Use a clean and legible font and avoid cluttering the card with too much information.

2. Should I include social media handles on my business card?

It is a good idea to include your social media handles on your business card if you use them for business purposes. This allows potential customers to connect with you on various platforms and stay updated on your products and services.

3. How many business cards should I have on hand?

It is recommended to always have a stack of business cards with you, especially when attending networking events or meeting potential clients. Keep a few in your wallet, car, and office, so you are always prepared to hand them out.

4. Can I include a special offer or promotion on my business card?

Yes, you can include a special offer or promotion on your business card to entice potential customers. Just make sure to keep the design clean and easy to read, and include any necessary details such as expiration dates or promo codes.

5. Is it necessary to have a separate business card for each product or service?

It is not necessary to have a separate business card for each product or service you offer. Instead, you can include a brief list or description of your offerings on the back of your business card. This allows you to promote all your services while keeping your business card clutter-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slhalepc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • lbdenton
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • luvmypomeranian