1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Business ad in dance recital program

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I have the opportunity to place an ad in my daughter's dance studio's recital program. It's a huge audience, 2 nights of performances in a high school auditorium that even has a balcony. Here's the price:

Quarter Page 2 1/8 x 3 1/2 $60.00

Is that the size of a business card?

So would you do it? There's really no guarantee that anything will come of it. I know every year I don't look through the ads myself.

Apr 2, 2009
  2. jenniwest04

jenniwest04 Member

I'm not sure offhand if that's business card size but I'm sure it's close--I just did a quarter page ad in the program of a Timothy Hawkins Comedy Concert for a charity and it's about 2 1/2 by 4 inches (quarter page in this program) and it reached about 1800 people Saturday night. I'm hoping for results. I paid 38 dollars for it and it will also be in this charity's Christmas Concert and will reach about the same number of people.

I'm cheap right now and am honestly not sure if I'd part with $60, LOL. $38 didn't seem too bad, especially since I'm getting 2 ads out of it. I might have a few months ago and you never know what will come out of it--a good show or more and it's totally worth it!! I did have several people come up to me during the event and mention they saw my ad so at least the audience here was looking...

Guess I didn't help much on this :) I think it sounds a bit pricey but if it will reach a lot of people it may be worth it. I put a 10% coupon and every way to contact me and every thing we do on mine (cooking shows, bridal registries, etc, etc)

Apr 6, 2009
  3. jodistrauss

jodistrauss Member

I have done it. Twice. And got NOTHING in response!!

Apr 7, 2009
  4. floccies

floccies Member

I placed an ad in my daughters dance school program -- business card size. Used the ad thing on the merrill pages -- they altered it because their business card size was smaller than traditional.

No responses from the ad yet.

Apr 7, 2009
  5. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I put a business card size in the two Gymnastics Club meets programs for $22.50. I offered free shipping and 10% off with the mention of the ad. I am hoping to get some shows out of it...

Apr 7, 2009
Have something to add?