• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Burnt Rice Demo for More Bookins

In summary, the host of the show demonstrated how to make burnt rice. She said that the 8" skillet is the "try me" piece, but the 12" skillet is better because you can do more with it. She also stressed the importance of getting bookings for future shows if the host wants the cookware for half price.
esavvymom
Staff member
I just received this from my hospitality NED. You can't find it on You-Tube without the link. It is Julie Gizzie (ED) showing a cookware demo she uses for bookings.

Burnt Rice Demo for LOTS of new bookings! - YouTube

*ignore the "heavy breather" in the video- I think that's her DH or whoever is video taping. :D LOL*

crud, right when she starts talking about a piece of carmel it gets stuck, what does she do with the carmel???

cookingwithdawn said:
crud, right when she starts talking about a piece of carmel it gets stuck, what does she do with the carmel???

She says she has a guest take a piece of paper towel and wipe the burnt caramel out of the pan....easy as pie. (And her piece is visibly burnt).

She also mentions that the 8" skillet is considered the "Try me piece", but if someone is going to try any piece, recommend the 12" skillet, because you can do a lot more with it than the smaller skillet....so you get more value out of it.

Try pushing the video forward a fuzz and see if that helps...but it may play again later if you try again.

She lets the caramel sit for 3 minutes on medium heat until it melts..seems to let the pan cool and uses a paper towel to get it right off

That was very interesting. Loved how she stressed her wording to get bookings for the next month "if you host your show with me on (whatever dates you need to fill), you can get the cookware for half price!"

WE did this at our team meeting last night. I can't wait to try it at a show!

I love it! I am going to try it at home first (make sure I burn it right! ;)) Then on to my shows it will go!

My hospitality ED also talked about this video at the B2B meeting last night. I may do the caramel demo (or the rice krispie treat) at my upcoming shows.

pchockeymom said:
I love it! I am going to try it at home first (make sure I burn it right! ;)) Then on to my shows it will go!

Yup...going to do the same thing lol

Nevermind! I found it.

Last edited:
I did the burnt caramel demo the same day I viewed it. Loved it. Even if you let the pan cool-it'll come out with a push. Clean! I'm ordering the pot so I can do the rice demo....my director suggested trying it in the saute pan-guess I will!!! (save some $) AND, at that same show, we made the Harvest Pasta skillet recipe & the host loved MY pan so much, she bought one herself! Great recipe for it!

I haven't seen the rice krispie treat demo. Does anyone know where to watch this one?

First of all, this is my first post on the website, yay! I'm looking forward to reading what everyone has to say so I can make my shows much better and make this a success. Anyway, I did this it at my show today with the caramel and everyone was amazed by it! I did not get a booking off of it, but it was still a crowd-wower nonetheless.

sied_eric said:
First of all, this is my first post on the website, yay! I'm looking forward to reading what everyone has to say so I can make my shows much better and make this a success. Anyway, I did this it at my show today with the caramel and everyone was amazed by it! I did not get a booking off of it, but it was still a crowd-wower nonetheless.

Good info to have, thanks for sharing this. I am going to definately use the caramel for my shoes in Feb to entice bookings for March.

I have been doing this off and on for years.. I have also used a piece of cheese. I did a 1/2 cup of rice this year and one customer said ....Are you going to waste that... so think about what you are doing because for some people that rice is a meal in these economical times. So what I do now is use caramel. It is much cheaper and doesn't come seem as wasteful to people. I did the caramel 3 times this week and got an order for a pot and a booking.

For those doing the rice demo? Does it smell like burnt rice?

Malinda Klein said:
For those doing the rice demo? Does it smell like burnt rice?

Thats what I was wondering. It wouldnt be very nice to have someone's house all smelly when we're done.

Also, I'm wondering if you are doing a show at a location that doesnt have a stove - would it work to make the rice at home and then do the demo? Wonder if it would stick if let sit for awhile?

Great video, thanks for the tip - with March's host rewards being the cookware, this is PERFECT!!! :D

I didn't smell any burnt smell at our team meeting. It wasn't burnt black, but it wouldn't look like it would slide out and it did. It was amazing!! I think doing this will really add to sales of cookware.

The pre-sliced packaged cheese does work well too and it smells yummy cooking. It does not leave a nasty odor behind. I've never tried the rice. Not sure if it leaves an odor or not. Cheese is super quick too ... 2-3 min's max. Let the customer take the spatula & relay how easy it was to get it out.

What is the "Burnt Rice Demo for More Bookings"?

The "Burnt Rice Demo for More Bookings" is a demonstration that Pampered Chef consultants use to showcase the versatility and quality of our cookware. It involves intentionally burning rice in one of our pots and then easily cleaning it off to show the non-stick and durable properties of our products.

How does the "Burnt Rice Demo" help with bookings?

By showing the ease of cleaning and durability of our cookware, the "Burnt Rice Demo" helps to build trust with potential customers and encourages them to book a party or purchase products. It also highlights the time-saving features of our cookware, making it an attractive option for busy home cooks.

Can I do the "Burnt Rice Demo" at my own parties?

Absolutely! The "Burnt Rice Demo" is a simple and effective demonstration that can be easily replicated at home parties. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will receive training and materials on how to properly conduct the demo and make the most of it for your business.

What materials do I need for the "Burnt Rice Demo"?

To do the "Burnt Rice Demo," you will need one of our non-stick cookware pots, a small amount of rice, and a heat source. We recommend using a portable burner or stove for easy transportation and setup at parties.

What are some tips for a successful "Burnt Rice Demo"?

First, make sure to use a non-stick Pampered Chef pot for the demo. Also, practice the demo beforehand to get the timing right and ensure a smooth demonstration. Be enthusiastic and highlight the benefits of our cookware while conducting the demo. And don't forget to have a clean-up tool handy, such as our nylon pan scraper, to easily remove the burnt rice from the pot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC