• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I boost my bookings in a rural area with limited connections?

In summary, Lorna is having a hard time finding bookings for her upcoming show. She has a catalog show next week but then nothing after that. She is looking for ideas on how to increase her exposure. She has flyers put up in her area, tried contacting local businesses, and joined some mom groups. She is also hosting an open house on short notice.
LoriD32
Ok... I know the first and foremost thing is to be positive - which I'm trying my darndest, however... March is not looking up for me as far as bookings. I have a catalog show next week but then nothing.... yes, I said NOTHING until March 30 and 31st!! I live in a rural area where I don't know ANYONE and I don't really even have neighbors. I was supposed to have two other shows this month but due to really good reasons, both had to reschedule. My list of 100 isn't really 100 - more like a good 30 or so and none of my family will host a show for me. I've thought of doing an open house/grand opening of sorts however people don't like coming out here. I am at a loss completely and feeling like maybe I made a big mistake... any and all help will be greatly appreciated. :eek:

I am sure there are tons of ideas here but I would suggest trying your local fitness clubs. That is what I did recently and two were having open houses so I took part in those and I offered to do a show for the clients at another one. I got several leads form these.

Rural is RoughYou may look into doing a show in a larger community, is there a hall, school or other facility that you can rent or trade a favor. ie, use the school and donate something to the cooking class room. Use the communtiy hall and volunteer a dish at there next local potluck. local girl guide group, offer to come in and do a demonstration to peek interest. Be sure and put up flyers and ads in paper for extra exposure, phone local radio station or whatever else it takes.
Don't give up there are thousand + ideas on this site and some will work for you.
Lorna

Keep your eyes open for home & garden shows that you could possibly set up at. With the new Bridal Registry, try hitting a few of the local bridal shops or florists.

I just passed out a bunch of flyers in my neighborhood (or in your case since you're in a rural area) try churches, grocery stores, dentists, etc.

I'm hurting for bookings this month too, so I'm hosting an open house on short notice (just decided to do it today and I've scheduled it for next Sat).

Good luck to you!!

I live in a small village and alor the area here is wooded, i'm in the Adirondack Park in Upstate Ny, The sales are not great but I do drive. Last night I drove 60 miles away to a cousins home for a show. I put up flyers where ever I can, grocery stores, gas stations, the local convience store, etc. Alot is word of mouth.I always try to mention PC in the conversattion as I talk to the cashiers,the gas attendent etc.

Good luck!!

Thanks to everyone for your help. I have not done a show anywhere in my area - closest one was 40 minutes away - closest! My town has two bars and a gas station. I have left catalogs at the library near me and I've joined some mom groups (my first job is 2 toddlers) in hopes that I'll get some leads there and my church which I'm pretty active in. Really frosted at a few people who do other things (i.e. tastefully simple and homemade gourmet) I've hosted parties to help them launch thier careers and when I call I get the cold shoulder.

I'm really trying to stay positive and not take things personally but after a while it gets you down. I was really proud of myself to take this on and I'm committed to making it work but with two little ones at home somethings gotta give! Tomorrow's another day - here's hoping for some bookings! :)

LoriD32 said:
Thanks to everyone for your help. I have not done a show anywhere in my area - closest one was 40 minutes away - closest! My town has two bars and a gas station. I have left catalogs at the library near me and I've joined some mom groups (my first job is 2 toddlers) in hopes that I'll get some leads there and my church which I'm pretty active in. Really frosted at a few people who do other things (i.e. tastefully simple and homemade gourmet) I've hosted parties to help them launch thier careers and when I call I get the cold shoulder.

I'm really trying to stay positive and not take things personally but after a while it gets you down. I was really proud of myself to take this on and I'm committed to making it work but with two little ones at home somethings gotta give! Tomorrow's another day - here's hoping for some bookings! :)
I have done pc for almost 12 yrs, and I live with NO grocery store, 2 bars , gas station also... 1 hr from the nearest mall.... So I know how you feel some days but you have to get out of your comfort zone and try different things... Fairs, bridal expo's.. Call your chamber of commerence in different areas where you live. Go to your local bank and drop off some food with catalogs... My sister and I have tried many different things through many years doing this business.. Don't give up.. Being persistence and determination it can work.. Just depends how much you want this business to work...

Express ShowsI have sent out fliers to area banks, schools, libraries, hair salons, dentist and doctors offices, realtor offices, etc. offering a Lunch Express Show. See my flier for details. Two of my shows were over $700. Pretty good for just showing up, setting up a table, bringing some food, and milling about talking to folks as they came in to eat!
They have led to bookings as well!

Attachments

• Express Lunch Show.doc
    22 KB · Views: 608
express lunchCan you please explain a little more how an express lunch works? Do you bring a "true lunch" or just "appetizer type foods" for everyone? While they eat what are you doing? I am brand new to this and am looking at some creative ways to generate business since lots of my friends are partied out.

Great Idea!Thanks for sharing, that's a great flier and a wonderful idea!

~Kristen ;)

LoriD32 said:

I know how you feel, myself having 2 year old twins...it can be pretty hairy at times! I was feeling just like you are now just last week. The first thing that helped me get out of my funk was this site! The second thing is that I did get out of my comfort zone and what do you know I booked 8 shows in 4 days! One will be at my kids doctors office doing the express lunch type thing. I will just bring in lunch and catalogs, hang out with the staff during lunch answering any questions, leave everything there in case they want to snack during the day and then come back the next morning to pick up the kitchen tools and see if any one has any questions. I will then come back the next week to pick up orders.

You should talk to everyone you can about TPC, you never know. Another thing that I have done is I asked our local newspaper if they would run an article about our HWC month, and they said yes! Sometimes you just have to throw an idea up against the wall and see if it sticks.

Take care and good luck!

What is "Burnt for Ideas..."?

"Burnt for Ideas..." is a monthly recipe and cooking inspiration subscription service offered by Pampered Chef. It provides subscribers with new and creative recipe ideas, as well as tips and tricks for using Pampered Chef products.

How much does "Burnt for Ideas..." cost?

The subscription cost for "Burnt for Ideas..." is $9.99 per month. However, there are often promotional offers and discounts available, so be sure to check our website or social media pages for current deals.

What types of recipes can I expect from "Burnt for Ideas..."?

"Burnt for Ideas..." offers a variety of recipes for all types of meals and occasions. Each month, you can expect to receive recipes for appetizers, main dishes, sides, and desserts. We also include recipes for special diets and dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free or vegetarian options.

Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to use the recipes from "Burnt for Ideas..."?

No, you do not need to have Pampered Chef products to use the recipes from "Burnt for Ideas...". However, many of the recipes are created specifically for Pampered Chef products, so using them may enhance your cooking experience. If you are interested in purchasing Pampered Chef products, you can contact your local consultant or purchase them through our website.

Can I cancel my subscription to "Burnt for Ideas..." at any time?

Yes, you can cancel your subscription to "Burnt for Ideas..." at any time. Simply log into your account on our website and follow the steps to cancel your subscription. Please note that cancellations must be made at least 48 hours before your next billing date to avoid being charged for the following month's subscription.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMR1984
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • fun2cook2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mandy412
Replies