1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Burnt cookies on bar pan

1. Jenvsd

Jenvsd

I have a customer who has complained that her cookies are burning on the bar pan, but come out ok on a regular cookie sheet. Any ideas on why this may be happening?

Nov 25, 2005
  2. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

Is your customer baking her cookies too long? Compared to those (in my opinion yucky) metal cookie sheets, it doesn't take as long for me to bake cookies on PC stoneware. Gotta be the fact that our stones distribute the heat so evenly and well. Have her try baking them just a few minutes less next time and see if it makes a difference. Plus, cookies don't get so dark on the stoneware, so if she's waiting for them to be a nice golden brown, they'll end up overdone (unless you like your cookies CRISPY!). I take mine out just a minute before I think they'll be done.. because our stoneware radiates the heat so well, they finish baking a little on the stone while I wait for them to cool enough to xfer them to the rack. Also, her oven could be uncalibrated (temp wise), and she could have just gotten accustomed to tweaking her recipes to it. So, maybe she could check that out. Some kinds of cookies just don't turn out so well for me on the bar pan.. I don't know if it's the lip around the edges or what, but I've come to use just my flat stones for any and all cookies I make--just makes it easier, and I own 2 so it's not a problem for me.

Nov 25, 2005
  3. ShanaSmith

ShanaSmith Veteran Member Silver Member

I would ask her if it is a second batch that is burning. She may be putting them on a hot stone, and then leaving them in the oven from the same amount of time. This could make them spread out before they cook all the way, and then be too thin so they burn.

Nov 27, 2005
  4. Jenvsd

Jenvsd

Thanks for all you're help. I will check with her

Nov 28, 2005
Have something to add?