• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Burnt Cookies on Bar Pan: Causes and Solutions

In summary, the customer's cookies are burning on the bar pan, but come out ok on a regular cookie sheet. The problem may be that the customer is baking her cookies too long or that her oven is uncalibrated.
Jenvsd
I have a customer who has complained that her cookies are burning on the bar pan, but come out ok on a regular cookie sheet. Any ideas on why this may be happening?

Is your customer baking her cookies too long? Compared to those (in my opinion yucky) metal cookie sheets, it doesn't take as long for me to bake cookies on PC stoneware. Gotta be the fact that our stones distribute the heat so evenly and well. Have her try baking them just a few minutes less next time and see if it makes a difference. Plus, cookies don't get so dark on the stoneware, so if she's waiting for them to be a nice golden brown, they'll end up overdone (unless you like your cookies CRISPY!). I take mine out just a minute before I think they'll be done.. because our stoneware radiates the heat so well, they finish baking a little on the stone while I wait for them to cool enough to xfer them to the rack. Also, her oven could be uncalibrated (temp wise), and she could have just gotten accustomed to tweaking her recipes to it. So, maybe she could check that out. Some kinds of cookies just don't turn out so well for me on the bar pan.. I don't know if it's the lip around the edges or what, but I've come to use just my flat stones for any and all cookies I make--just makes it easier, and I own 2 so it's not a problem for me.

I would ask her if it is a second batch that is burning. She may be putting them on a hot stone, and then leaving them in the oven from the same amount of time. This could make them spread out before they cook all the way, and then be too thin so they burn.

Thanks for all you're help. I will check with her

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your customer is having trouble with their cookies burning on the bar pan. There could be a few reasons for this. The first thing to check is the temperature of the oven. Make sure it is calibrated correctly and the temperature is accurate. Another thing to consider is the type of cookie dough being used. Some doughs may spread more on a bar pan, causing them to burn. You could also try reducing the cooking time and checking the cookies a few minutes before the recommended time. Finally, make sure the bar pan is properly greased or lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking and burning. I hope these suggestions help! If the issue persists, feel free to reach out to me for further assistance. Happy baking!

1. Why do my cookies always burn on the bar pan?

There are a few possible reasons for burnt cookies on the bar pan. One common cause is using dark-colored pans, which absorb more heat and can lead to over-browning. Another reason could be placing the cookies too close together on the pan, which can cause them to spread and cook unevenly. Additionally, overbaking or setting the oven temperature too high can also result in burnt cookies.

2. How can I prevent my cookies from burning on the bar pan?

To prevent burnt cookies on the bar pan, make sure to use a light-colored pan and space the cookies at least 2 inches apart. You can also try lowering the oven temperature by 25 degrees and checking the cookies a few minutes before the recommended baking time. It's also a good idea to use an oven thermometer to ensure the temperature is accurate.

3. Can I still use my bar pan if my cookies always burn?

Yes, you can still use your bar pan even if your cookies tend to burn. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly. You can also try using parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on the pan to help prevent burning. If the pan is heavily discolored or damaged, it may be time to replace it.

4. Will using a non-stick spray or oil on the bar pan help prevent burnt cookies?

While using a non-stick spray or oil can help prevent cookies from sticking to the pan, it won't necessarily prevent burning. In fact, the oil can cause the cookies to spread more and potentially burn. It's best to follow the recommended tips for preventing burnt cookies, such as using a light-colored pan and spacing the cookies properly.

5. Can I salvage burnt cookies on the bar pan?

It may be possible to salvage burnt cookies on the bar pan by carefully scraping off the burned parts and checking for any remaining soft spots. However, the texture and taste may be affected. It's always best to prevent burning in the first place by following proper baking techniques. If the cookies are completely burned and cannot be salvaged, it's best to start over with a new batch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
Staci