• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Master the Perfect Burgundy Pot Roast in DCB: A Cozy Recipe for a Rainy Day

In summary, the recipe for Burgandy Pot Roast in Dcb can be found on our website or in our Pampered Chef cookbook. It calls for a beef pot roast, carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, beef broth, red wine, and various seasonings. You do not need to marinate the beef before cooking. The recipe recommends using the Large Deep Covered Baker, but adjustments can be made for smaller sizes. The total cooking time for the pot roast is 2-2.5 hours at 350°F, but may vary. This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker by following the instructions for searing the beef and then transferring everything to the slow cooker for 8-10 hours on low or 4
ChefJoyJ
I want to try the burgandy pot roast in the DCB, since today is such a rainy, dreary, and cool day. However, I am not sure what to set the temp at. The recipe only says to bake it for 3-3 1/2 hours.

Haven't seen this recipe...and didn't find it on a search here. Could you post please? We have a rainy, unseasonably cold day here too, and this sounds good!!!

Thanks!

Burgundy Pot Roast
Place the roast in the baker. Add 1-cup burgundy wine, 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce & 1 pkg. Dry vegetable soup mix. Cover with lid & bake 3-3 ½ hours. Serve hot over egg noodles.

(It's in many, many of the DCB recipe files.) :)

Those instructions are so vague. How many pounds, would make a difference. I do pork roasts at 325 degrees. So give it a try at that temperature, and check after two hours. You have quite a bit of liquid there too, so I cannot help but wonder what condition your roast would be in. When I do a roast of beef, brown both sides before putting it in the oven, put about 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the pan, and by the time it is done, there is lots more liquid that leaches out of the meat, and the carrots and onions, and potatoes. I top the surface of the beef with slices on onions for flavor.

Hi there! I highly recommend trying the burgundy pot roast in the Deep Covered Baker on a rainy day, it's the perfect comfort food. For the temperature, I would suggest setting it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for the duration of the cooking time. This will ensure that the meat cooks evenly and becomes tender. Let me know how it turns out, happy cooking!

What is the recipe for Burgandy Pot Roast in Dcb?

The recipe for Burgandy Pot Roast in Dcb can be found on our website or in our Pampered Chef cookbook. It calls for a beef pot roast, carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, beef broth, red wine, and various seasonings.

Do I need to marinate the beef before cooking?

No, you do not need to marinate the beef before cooking. The recipe calls for searing the beef in a hot pan before placing it in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) with the rest of the ingredients.

What size DCB should I use for this recipe?

The recipe recommends using the Large Deep Covered Baker. However, if you do not have this size, you can adjust the recipe accordingly to fit a smaller DCB.

How long does it take to cook the Burgandy Pot Roast in Dcb?

The recipe recommends cooking the pot roast in the DCB for 2-2.5 hours in a preheated oven at 350°F. However, cooking times may vary depending on the size and type of beef used.

Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker instead of the DCB?

Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker instead of the DCB. Simply follow the instructions for searing the beef and then transfer all ingredients to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips