1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Burgandy pot roast in DCB

1. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

I want to try the burgandy pot roast in the DCB, since today is such a rainy, dreary, and cool day. However, I am not sure what to set the temp at. The recipe only says to bake it for 3-3 1/2 hours.

Sep 17, 2009
  2. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

Haven't seen this recipe...and didn't find it on a search here. Could you post please? We have a rainy, unseasonably cold day here too, and this sounds good!!!

Thanks!

Sep 17, 2009
  3. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

Burgundy Pot Roast
    Place the roast in the baker. Add 1-cup burgundy wine, 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce & 1 pkg. Dry vegetable soup mix. Cover with lid & bake 3-3 ½ hours. Serve hot over egg noodles.

(It's in many, many of the DCB recipe files.) :)

Sep 17, 2009
  4. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

Those instructions are so vague. How many pounds, would make a difference. I do pork roasts at 325 degrees. So give it a try at that temperature, and check after two hours. You have quite a bit of liquid there too, so I cannot help but wonder what condition your roast would be in. When I do a roast of beef, brown both sides before putting it in the oven, put about 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the pan, and by the time it is done, there is lots more liquid that leaches out of the meat, and the carrots and onions, and potatoes. I top the surface of the beef with slices on onions for flavor.

Sep 17, 2009
Have something to add?