• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Bunko Party: What You Need to Know

In summary, Angela prepared a show with PC products, walked around and talked to people, and served a dessert. She made only $300 in sales, but it was a good opportunity to get her name out there.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I had someone ask me if I would do a bunko show for them. It is some kind of dice game thing. Could someone explain how this works, and what my role is in this.

Well I'm with you. I know it's a dice game, and there is alot of socializing that usually goes on from what I hear. I would say you would need to talk with your host and see what she wants. Would it be a short presentation and leave everything for show and they can order then play. Or would it be more of a display and take orders. She would have to tell you. The other thing I was just thinking is when you find out more on the game use the dice as a prop. Maybe have different products, show themes, recruiting info tyed to a number on the dice and roll the dice and talk about that item, or info. You again would need to know if they use 2 dice or not. You can always add a Seasons Best to one of the numbers and if you are having the guess roll that person would be the winner. Just some thoughts, I'll have to check back because I would like to know more on the game as well. Good luck.
:)

BunkoAs a bunko player, every "group" is different, but here is what my group does:

We get together the 1st Monday of every month, eat dinner first which has been prepared by the host (anywhere from 25 -30 minutes), play bunko, eat dessert after the game ends, and give out "prizes" as we eat dessert.
Probably your best deal is to do it in the beginning, but will most likely be an express show...definitely talk to your hostess to see what she would like to do, but I would prepare most of the stuff before hand...

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me!
Cheers,
Angela

she made mention that every one pays x amount of dollars to play and whomever wins gets that in product. I can't figure out how in the world you can have decent sales like that.

Well it sounds like the rest of the group would have to buy the stuff they want and will all the new products that could only help increase the sales. You just have to WOW them with a few items.
:)

krzymomof4 said:
she made mention that every one pays x amount of dollars to play and whomever wins gets that in product. I can't figure out how in the world you can have decent sales like that.
So is she wanting to do a demo and an actual show? I don't know if the host would be up for it, but if it is an actual show and you have a good number of orders (how many are in her bunko group by the way?), she could use one of the half-price items as the overall prize for the winner of bunko. Obviously there is also the door prize drawing where the prize can be something a little bigger than a Season's Best.

I would also check with her to see exactly what she's thinking. If you're not able to do a demo, the sales may not be as good. Like an earlier post said, if it's an express show, everything can be made ahead of time, but you will still want to do a little 20 minute presentation to talk about the tools you used.

Bunko showI did a bunko show recently. I looked at this as an opportunity to have atleast 12 people in attendance at a show. I prepared a few items ahead of time. I intorduced myself as people arrived. While everyone was eating I talked about what I made and the Pampered Chef products I used. I also had a table set up with other PC items, catalogs and order forms. Througout the game, I walked around and talked to people about me and what I like about PC products. I also made sure everyone had a catalog and an order form. I prepared a mocha brownie trifle for dessert and served at the end of the game.

Total sales were only about $300 but I had fun and made some contacts. PC is still new to me and it was a good opportunity to get my name out there.

1. What is a Bunko party?

A Bunko party is a social gathering where friends and family come together to play a popular dice game and enjoy food and drinks.

2. How many people can attend a Bunko party?

Typically, a Bunko party can accommodate around 12-16 players. However, the number can vary depending on the host's preference and the size of the venue.

3. Do I need to provide food and drinks for the Bunko party?

As a host, it is your responsibility to provide snacks and drinks for your guests. However, you can also ask your guests to bring their favorite dish to share and make it a potluck.

4. What is the role of a Bunko host?

The host is responsible for organizing and coordinating the Bunko party, including sending out invitations, providing snacks and drinks, setting up the playing area, and keeping the game running smoothly. The host may also provide prizes for the winners.

5. Can I host a Bunko party even if I am not familiar with the game?

Yes, absolutely! The game is easy to learn, and as the host, you can provide instructions and rules to your guests. You can also watch tutorial videos or ask a friend who is familiar with the game to assist you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Connie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
NooraK