• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Lemon Cake Without Bundt Pan - Micro Substitution?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of making cakes in a different piece of stoneware, specifically in the microwave, as a substitute for a bundt pan. The suggestion is made to borrow a bundt pan from someone, and the conversation also mentions using a brush scrubber and a rice cooker as potential alternatives. The benefits of using stoneware for both cooking meat and desserts are also mentioned.
jcwarr
i don't own the bundt pan yet - can you make the cakes in a dif't piece of stoneware - in the micro? would love to show it at my show next weekend - but i won't have the bundt pan by then and thought maybe someone knows about a substitution.
thanks!!
ps - thinking of making the luscious lemon cake

I think the reason the bundt shape works is because it also heats from the middle out. I think if you were to try a different stone- maybe the mini loaf?
The smaller compartments may cook? Good Luck!:)

I have made them in the deep dish baker. They came out ok

jcwarr said:
i don't own the bundt pan yet - can you make the cakes in a dif't piece of stoneware - in the micro? would love to show it at my show next weekend - but i won't have the bundt pan by then and thought maybe someone knows about a substitution.
thanks!!
ps - thinking of making the luscious lemon cake

Why not borrow it from your director for a week? Try it out. I find you need the brush scrubber too. :)

try to borrowI agree, try to borrow one from your director or anyone for that matter. I borrowed one a couple of days ago and have made 2 cakes (one to test it on my family and one for my demonstration at my open house today). They both came out perfect and the frosting on the bottom of the pan bit was great. I also baked a chicken in it last night. Today a customer said she was wary about using the stoneware to cook meat one day and dessert the next. I asked her if she tasted any chicken in the piece of cake she just ate(of course she said no) and I proved how great the stoneware was. I can't wait to have my own fluted pan. FYI, if you do have a rice cooker you can make a cake in that as well.:)

What is a micro substitution for a bundt pan?

A micro substitution for a bundt pan is using a microwave-safe mug or ramekin to make individual mini lemon cakes.

Do I need to adjust the baking time when using a microwave to make lemon cake?

Yes, the baking time will be significantly shorter when using a microwave. It typically takes 1-2 minutes to bake a single mini cake in the microwave.

Can I use any type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix, such as yellow cake mix or lemon cake mix, for this recipe. Just be sure to follow the instructions on the box for the amount of mix and liquid to use.

Do I need to grease the mug or ramekin before pouring the batter in?

Yes, it is recommended to lightly grease the mug or ramekin with cooking spray or butter to prevent the cake from sticking.

Can I add any other ingredients to the lemon cake batter?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients to the lemon cake batter, such as lemon zest, poppy seeds, or fresh berries, for added flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Joelen
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pamperedgirl3
  • tmo2008
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emo812