• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bunco in October: Need Ideas? Ask Here!

In summary, Bunco is a game where players write down words or phrases on cards, and try to guess the other players' words. Amanda is hosting a Bunco party in October, and Jennifer has ideas for a fall kitchen theme. Pampered Chef products are popular prizes, and Jennifer's group also enjoys playing for fun rather than for money.
jesusluvsu2005
I'm hosting bunco in October. Anyone got any ideas for a theme? I'm not very creative. LOL
Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

What about the Game Day Theme? I know it is geard towards sports but Bunco is a game.

Okay, this is going to sound really silly but one time my friend did a "drag queen bunco" party. The funny thing is we were all women! So we dressed up with crazy blonde wings, tons of makeup, silly outfits, made margarita and junk food and had a wonderful time!

Jennifer,
I may make something from that theme (it's a potluck) but I'm not a big fan of sports so I'd like to have something different. It will be all ladies, I just don't know what I'm wanting. LOL

Is this Pampered Chef Bunco or just a Bunco party?

It's our sunday school class so no pc. I mean I can make a pampered chef recipe or something but can't sell since it's a church event. We don't play bunco the regular way. I think it's normally played with money. We just play it like a game. Basically it's a time of fellowship for the ladies. :)
God bless,
Amanda

we never play for $$ our neighborhood group has been playing for over 6 years.
Every Oct. we dress up in costume and have lots of fun Halloween party type foods and decorations.

When I hosted bunco I did a Carribbean theme. Some of the food wasn't exactly Carribean, but it had the same flavors. I made the Morrocan Couscous (sooo yummy!), the Meat Empanadas, the Rum Cake and something else. Everyone LOVED the food and all of the recipes were PC.

My sister and I have a bunco group. In my month it was kitchen theme. I had everyone dress up in aprons and the prizes were Pampered Chef, go figure. Everyone loved it and the ones who won pampered chef products were thrilled.

I'm in a neighborhood group too - so when it was my turn to host of COURSE I had PC recipes (wrote off the groceries! and had a bunch of people ask for the recipes and I even got a booking!). The prizes were all PC too.

THEN... the next month... the host also got kitchen tools for prizes, only they were CHEAP kitchen tools. Like a $10 mandoline. A lot of people sent sympathetic looks my way, but I thought it was funny. Because I know they were wishing they were taking home PC prizes too!

I host again in November - I'm so excited. Love hosting.

This is not a theme but to add a new twist put red pens at the high table... when you write your W or L in red pen it counts double. So if you get a W then its like you got 2. Adds something new if you are not already do this...

For food last year at bunco in Oct I brought...you know those clear glass things shaped like pumpkins and the lid comes off? I made a pumpkin fluff dip with coolwhip canned pumpkin and van pudding powder and some spices~ put it in the pumpkin and placed on a platter and opened up a box of graham cracker STICKS and put them around the pumpkin. It was a huge hit!

Have fun!

Sounds like our group. We normally don't have themes. Just a bunch of good food and snacks at our tables. The last time i had it at my house I made the bbq chicken braid and we had skittles, reece pieces, and chex mix at our 3 tables. If you wanted to do theme, you could do a pajama theme. So many times I wished I had worn my pj's so I could go home and go straight to bed. I love bunco night. When I get home, the house is so quite, ds is in bed and dh is usually asleep on the couch. :)

jesusluvsu2005 said:
Jennifer,
I may make something from that theme (it's a potluck) but I'm not a big fan of sports so I'd like to have something different. It will be all ladies, I just don't know what I'm wanting. LOL

Thanks for the ideas! Maybe a fall kitchen theme. Wear your favorite apron and make your favorite fall dish. I really would like to incorporate the apron thing. I collect aprons and would love a chance to wear my new paula deen "Put some south in your mouth" apron signed by Bobby Dean! :)

I absolutely love bunco night. It is so much fun. However, my house is not quiet when I come home because DH never puts the kids to bed. But it's so nice to have some adult time. LOL

I have never played Bunco before but sounds like a ton of fun. I may just have to round up some girls & try it out. I like the idea of making it a theme.

What is Bunco in October?

Bunco in October is a themed version of the popular dice game Bunco, usually played during the month of October. It often involves fall or Halloween decorations, costumes, and treats.

How do I host a Bunco in October party?

To host a Bunco in October party, you will need to gather a group of 12 players, provide the necessary supplies such as dice, scorecards, and prizes, and plan a fall or Halloween themed menu. You can also decorate the playing area with festive decorations and encourage players to wear costumes.

What are some fun ideas for Bunco in October?

Some fun ideas for Bunco in October include incorporating Halloween or fall themes into the game, such as using pumpkin-shaped dice, playing Halloween-themed music, or having a costume contest for players. You could also serve fall-inspired snacks and drinks, like pumpkin spice treats or apple cider.

Do I need to be an experienced Bunco player to participate in Bunco in October?

No, anyone can participate in Bunco in October! The game is easy to learn and is meant to be a fun and social activity. Even if you have never played Bunco before, you can still join in on the fun and learn as you play.

Are there any special rules for Bunco in October?

The rules for Bunco in October are the same as regular Bunco. However, you can add in your own special rules or twists to fit the fall or Halloween theme. For example, you could have a "trick or treat" rule where players must do a silly task if they roll a certain number.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jesusluvsu2005
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
DZmom
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies