• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Dealing with Flaky Customers Part of Being a Direct Sales Consultant?

In summary, the hostess cancelled her show and the other lady said she is ready to pay off her layaway.
jmedeiros
So I am in my SS3 and had a goal to at least get all the "banked" sets free. So I set myself up with tons of catalog shows and one was supposed to close tonight. I have been in contact with her for the last 2 weeks and it seemed to be going great. She didn't have any questions and she sounded kinda excited on all the FREE products she was going to earn. So I called her last week to make sure things were still as planned that we were going to close tonight, she said that she was just finishing up the orders and gathering the payments and would have them ready by Monday.

So... I call her tonight, and I use my cell phone for calls, since its my business phone, and I call her on her cell... well she answers, i say hello, she says hello how are you... then NOTHING.. the phone dies.. so... im like hhmmm, ill call her back, so i try twice and the phone message says that the phone is out of range and to try back later.... So i did..she answers, then DEAD again! So then i think, well i will call her from the home phone since it just might be my cell phone.. So i call her from the home phone and she answers, I say hello, she says hello then HANG UP!

So i am not sure if she was doing that on purpose or WHAT? That was at 6pm and it is now 8:15pm... still no call back. So i just dropped her an email and said to call me or email me the orders, OR if she needed more time to please let me know.

I have already had 2 people flake out on having a show in Jan/Feb, with no calls or anything! Then the other show that was FOR SURE going to close this month, just emailed me and said that she wouldnt be able to have it at this time... SO instead of losing the show, i told her that we could wait till May to host the show since its HWC month and it would be a great cause to host a show. She was actually THRILLED about it... I hope she doesnt push it until June!!

Sorry had to vent out.. BUT i need to move on. Gotta make more calls and send out those emails! Can't let one party let me down!

We all gotta move on!!That's a great positive attitude. I am so glad that you are moving on and making your calls.
This business if full of ups and downs!! It feels like a rollercoaster at times.
I just had a show close that really disappointed me considering this woman was pumped about her show, she talked about getting the cookware sets as her half price item, and she called me like a thousand times (even when I was really busy :mad: and even on Sunday when I told her I don't take calls)!!
I thought for sure this show was going to be good but in the end it ended at $220 and she didn't sell enough to get the half price cookware set. I told her I would tack on some orders to get her to $300 so she could get her cookware, she said she could't afford it right now but she would love to get to that $300 level for more FREE stuff!! :eek:
I said I would only do it if she wanted the cookware if not then I would use those orders to make myself a catalog show! What nerve! :rolleyes:
Anyway my hostess who usually sells $1000 every 6 months called and told me what recipes she wanted for her show Saturday and she mentioned she is getting the whole new 12 piece executive cookware set as one of her half price items!!
Another lady called and said she is ready to pay off her layaway for her executive 5 piece cookware set. So I am going to get my FREE 5 piece set FREE after all and maybe some left over for another piece!!
It made my day and it helps me to remember that the bad times help us to appreciate the good times!!
Debbie

bummedThe bad does really make you appreciate the good. Its just I was really pumped about this one since she really seems pumped about it too! I thought to myself this morning, "today will be a good day! I am closing a show and be able to earn some last minute free products AND make some money!"

I just set up my website and everything for those 2 parties since they both said that they have family and friends out of state and wanted a way for them to place the orders without any hassel. So....just have to start making those calls again!

Just this week is a little crazy since my boyfriend and I are having some friends come out here to see our new house (we just moved about a month and a half ago to our new home). I was wanting to host a housewarming "show" but when i mentioned it, it seemed like no one wanted to come... So we are just having a housewarming party (no PC) and just going to enjoy ourselves for the weekend.

I really need to get out of my circle of friends since I send them emails after emails and call after call and NOTHING. All they tell me is to send the catalog to them and they will pass it around work or friends.. NOTHING, zilch! Nada!

I am hoping since May is HWC, that i will get more orders. My goal for this month is $4000 in sales. (Feb $1250, March $3000, April (so far) $2200) So i want to double my sales since i think its for a great cause... AND my mother is a SURVIVOR!

Jennifer...I know you are not down!! Your first month was $1250!! Second $3000!! And you are at $2200 and the month isn't even over yet! Uhmmm...yeah, get over it! :)

You've had a great start! Congratulations!

As I heard at a recent meeting....

bless and release...bless and release...bless and release.

Don't let those people get you down!

Good luckWell good luck about reaching those goals. Goals are good!
You know what you want to sell and how you want to do it, so keep on working hard!!
Remember to have fun!!
And I know what you mean, my hostess was all excited and pumped about her show too, only to let me down and not even try as hard as I thought she was going to.
It's very disappointing, and it's actually their loss. The PC benefits are so great and for those who are smart enough to take advantage of them, I am grateful for.
It is so important to get out of our circle of friends, I have already milked friends and family and their co-workers for all I think I'm gonna get so I have branched out to strangers. It just snowballed from friends of friends, and family members of church friends and so on...even complete strangers and their circle of friends. It will happen, just keep trying!!
Debbie

moving onWell today was a new day... as I was sitting here (still a little upset and bummed, I'll admit) someone that I had sent a catalog to (In Jan.) called me and said, Jenn, I got a catty from you a while back and finally gathered some orders, but i dont know where to start with placing them! AHHH! It was $400 worth of orders! YEAH BABY!! I was so darn happy that i couldnt even talk straight!

She was totally excited too! She said that she wished that she could order just a bit more, but she was getting the 5pc AND 7pc sets as her half off items so she couldnt afford to order any more... BBBAAMMMMM got a $400 show! ANNNNNDDDDDD scored some pan o rama points!

Things really do look up when they go down! Teresa who? (that was the host that stood me up!)

Sorry, had to let it out! Was just so excited.... still trying to earn a little bit more to get one more banked set of free products. Then its on to May HWC!! Cant wait! Going to order my HWC pins on Friday!

" Happy Dance" !

I had that same exact thing happen to me with a host I would call she would answer then hang up, then I would try back again and her kids would say she was in the shower. The last time she did it to me her husband picked up the 2nd time and I asked him if she was interested in doing the show and he told me no after she kept telling me she had orders it was very frusterating.

moving onYeah, all i wanted was for her to be honest and just say.... I just wanted a catalog. I took time time mail her out 3 catalogs, TONS of order forms (since she insisted she was going to get tons of orders), and flyers.

This is not the first time someone has flaked out on doing a show, but this is the first where i had her say.. yeah, yeah yeah i got the orders, i will give them to you on Monday.. blah blah blah... bunch of **...!!!

Sometimes i feel like emailing her and saying that she was unconsiderate to do that and that a day without a show for me is a day of unemployment (learned that on these boards) but after that lady called me and gave me those orders, i was just too darn excited!

I just had another lady contact me (another one that i sent cattys to a while back) and she is leaving in a week to visit her children but when she gets back she wants to start a show since she loves PC products and wants more, but doesnt want to pay!!! I like those types of hosts since i know she will be active in passing the catalog around or telling her friends about my website.

Off topic, but Jennifer I got my stuff today!! Thanks!

Jennifer, make sure that the host going to visit her children gets orders from them and they have catalogs to pass around to their friends, too. PC ships directly to their doors, you know! Tell her that you wouldn't want her kids to be mad at her for not letting her in on such great products!

What is "Bummed, but Have to Move on"?

"Bummed, but Have to Move on" is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that combines chicken, vegetables, and a savory sauce in one easy-to-prepare dish.

What ingredients do I need to make "Bummed, but Have to Move on"?

To make "Bummed, but Have to Move on", you will need boneless chicken breasts, bell peppers, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, chicken broth, and balsamic vinegar.

Can I substitute the vegetables in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the vegetables in "Bummed, but Have to Move on" with your preferred vegetables or whatever you have on hand. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

What is the best way to cook "Bummed, but Have to Move on"?

The best way to cook "Bummed, but Have to Move on" is to use a non-stick skillet or wok to sauté the chicken and vegetables, and then add the sauce and let it simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. You can also cook it on a grill or in the oven if preferred.

Can I make "Bummed, but Have to Move on" ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare "Bummed, but Have to Move on" ahead of time by chopping the vegetables and marinating the chicken in the sauce. When ready to cook, simply sauté the chicken and vegetables and add the sauce. This dish also makes great leftovers for a quick and easy meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Brenda.the.chef