• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Missing NC: A Story of Injury & Heartache

the surgery was a breeze. I was on my butt for 7 days and was able to walk with a cane for 3 of those. I would imagine that they would be able to accomodate you with a wheelchair.
c00p
Gold Member
Well, after being completely psyched about NC and setting my sights on walking as Director this year, now I won't be able to go. I have to have some pretty major surgery done on my ankle and I'll be 10-12 weeks in a cast and crutches and surgery won't be until June 8th. :cry: And here's the kicker: my injury actually happend at LAST NC when I was heading to the exec. dinner and I've already had 1 surgery, and now I have to have another one! CRAZY!!! Anyway, y'all have fun and I'll be thinking about you!!!

Aww, man! That's terrible. We'll be thinking of you, too. Mend quickly. NC 2010 will be here before we know it.

So sorry to hear that! Too bad the surgery is so close. I would think (or hope) that they would be able to accommodate the crutches. I use a cane to walk 95% of the time and am hoping there will be provisions for me!

So sorry to hear about this. Can you have the surgery sooner???

Sorry to hear this. I think waiting for surgery is the worst. I would rather just get it over and done with. Hope this fixes the problem and you will heal quickly.

I have seen consultants in wheel chairs at conference. If you want, I would think that they would be able to accomodate you.

They had better, I am getting my knee replaced soon and am planning on being at conference. Might be on crutches, with a cane, or on my butt, but I am planning on going.

Carol, if I see someone scooting through NC on their tushy I'll assume it's you. ;)

PamperChefCarol said:
I have seen consultants in wheel chairs at conference. If you want, I would think that they would be able to accomodate you.

They had better, I am getting my knee replaced soon and am planning on being at conference. Might be on crutches, with a cane, or on my butt, but I am planning on going.

My Dad just had that done. He is doing so much better since he had his knee done. PM me if you have any questions. Hope your surgery goes well!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
My Dad just had that done. He is doing so much better since he had his knee done. PM me if you have any questions. Hope your surgery goes well!

That's what everyone is telling me. Sort of looking forward to it! I know, I am a sicko.

And yes, it might be me on my tush scooting around McCormick Place. I wonder if they have scooters!!!

Carol, most people I know who've had it done were looking forward to it by the time it was actually scheduled. They were willing to do just about anything to ease their pain. They were all pleased with the results.

Well, I have thought about getting a wheelchair ('cuz there is NOOOOOO way I'm walking all over McCormick on crutches!!!) for when I'm there, and I know at the airport I could get one too, but honestly, my doctor said that since I'm basically having 3 separate surgies - all at once - that my swelling will be horrible and I'll probably be uncomfortable. He strongly encouraged me to basically do nothing but have it propped up above my heart. Guess I'll be reading a lot of books and making a bunch of phone calls!!! Not to mention that when I suggested to my hubby that I could still go and get a wheelchair that I got the "you have GOT to be kidding" look.
Thanks for the well wishes - and Carol I wish you the best of your knee surgery. When you are in that much pain, you do actually look forward to the surgery so that you can get on with the recovery! That's basically where I'm at with my ankle. I can't have the surgery sooner because I'm actually booked with shows all the way through the end of May and 2 at the end are big bridal shows - so I'm not about to lose or "give away" those!!!

While I'd love to see you, Andrea, your health is much more important than NC. Take good care of yourself. Do your rehab. Lord willing, you'll be there next year.

Oh man, that stinks!

I'll miss seeing you Rae - and you'll have to be sure and let me know if you are used as any "props" this year!! :D

Yes they do have wheel chairs. We had a gal who went two years ago after breaking both legs! A cluster mate pushed her the whole time!

oh too bad you couldn't hold off on the surgery...but you need to take care of yourself first!!!
I went to NC in 2003 and didn't stay the final day director event (that's when they did the director event at the end of conference)
Got home to our airport, drove myself to my son's baseball tournament game, watched him play, and then had to be at the hospital by 10pm that evening to prep for my hip replacement the next morning..talk about crazy!!! But, I did network with all the nurses there the week I was in..I was just coming off a huge "high" from conference!!!!! Was able to stay active throughout my rehab time until I could do shows again that following October....
But I will say, I was in pain at conference!!!!! LOL
karlene

Sorry to hear about both you and Carol. Hope the surgeries go well for both of you!

UPDATE - I do NOT have to have surgery now!!! PRAISE GOD! I am so thrilled. I am getting fitted for a custom ankle brace, not attractive, not the most comfortable thing in the world, but hey - it's not surgery! We are hoping this will at least post-pone surgery if not keep it out of the picture entirely. I am completely elated!!!!! As for conference, well, it's a strong possibility now (other factors have come into play). Thanks again for all of your well wishes - and now we can praise God for my new news!

Woooooo hoooooo!

Andrea I'm glad you may be able to go to NC this year!

c00p said:
UPDATE - I do NOT have to have surgery now!!! PRAISE GOD! I am so thrilled. I am getting fitted for a custom ankle brace, not attractive, not the most comfortable thing in the world, but hey - it's not surgery! We are hoping this will at least post-pone surgery if not keep it out of the picture entirely. I am completely elated!!!!! As for conference, well, it's a strong possibility now (other factors have come into play). Thanks again for all of your well wishes - and now we can praise God for my new news!

I'm in WAVE 3 too! I'll look for you on stage!!!

What inspired the story of "Missing NC: A Story of Injury & Heartache"?

The story was inspired by real-life events of a woman who went missing in North Carolina and the emotional toll it took on her loved ones.

Is this book based on a true story?

Yes, "Missing NC: A Story of Injury & Heartache" is based on a true story.

What genre does "Missing NC: A Story of Injury & Heartache" fall under?

The book falls under the genre of true crime and non-fiction.

Can children read "Missing NC: A Story of Injury & Heartache"?

The book contains mature themes and is recommended for adult readers.

Where can I purchase "Missing NC: A Story of Injury & Heartache"?

The book is available for purchase on our website, as well as major online book retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
chesse
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
cincychef