• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bulk Mailing for the Holidays?

In summary, bulk mailing is a discounted service for sending a large volume of mail pieces during the holidays. To prepare for bulk mailing, mail pieces must be sorted by zip code and bundled together with proper postage and paperwork. Personalization is possible through variable data printing. Delivery time can range from 2-9 days for standard mail and 1-3 days for first-class mail. However, there are restrictions on what can be sent through bulk mailing, such as hazardous materials and certain advertising items. It is important to plan ahead and check with the post office for prohibited items before sending bulk mailings.
Cookingpcmom
Do you believe it is beneficial (worth the cost) to send out a bulk mailing for a holiday or special event? If so, what type of mailing do you do? Mini-catalogs - postcards - newsletter?

I got one piece of advice from my Director on mailings. Never mail out items you can't follow up on. So I have never done a mass mailing. I only mail out 25-50 items at a time. And these are only to people I can follow up with.

I never thought about that! Wow - that is so true. Why would I waste my time and money on something with no follow-up?

Thank you for pointing out the obvious :eek: I will be making my mailings much smaller for now on...

1. What is bulk mailing and how does it work for the holidays?

Bulk mailing is a service that allows you to send a large quantity of mail pieces, such as holiday cards or catalogs, at a discounted rate. This is a great option for businesses or individuals who need to send a large volume of mail during the holiday season. It works by grouping your mail pieces together with other mailings to be delivered to the same area, which reduces the cost per piece.

2. How do I prepare my mailings for bulk mailing?

There are a few steps you need to take to prepare your mailings for bulk mailing. First, you will need to sort your mail pieces by zip code. Then, you will need to bundle them together in groups of 200 or more for standard mail or 50 or more for first-class mail. You will also need to apply the proper postage and complete the necessary paperwork, which can be done online or at the post office.

3. Can I personalize my bulk mailings for the holidays?

Yes, you can personalize your bulk mailings for the holidays. This can be done through the use of variable data printing, which allows you to customize each mail piece with different names, addresses, or messages. This is a great way to make your mailings more personal and engaging for your recipients.

4. How long does it take for bulk mailings to be delivered during the holidays?

The delivery time for bulk mailings during the holidays can vary depending on the volume of mail being processed and the distance it needs to be delivered. Typically, it can take anywhere from 2-9 days for standard mail and 1-3 days for first-class mail to be delivered. It's important to plan ahead and send your mailings early to ensure timely delivery.

5. Are there any restrictions on what can be sent through bulk mailing for the holidays?

Yes, there are some restrictions on what can be sent through bulk mailing for the holidays. For example, hazardous materials, perishable items, and certain types of advertising materials may not be eligible for bulk mailing. It's important to check with your local post office for a list of prohibited items before sending your bulk mailings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Andrea1627
  • KimWalters
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mandydollie