• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Offering a Free Gift Help Boost Sales and Bookings for Your Business?

In summary, the person is discussing their business and their plans to email information to their contacts and follow up with calls. They mention having one new team member and another almost ready to sign. They also express their excitement and realization that anything is possible if they put in the effort. They share that they are doing "Magic Pot Shows" with the DCB and have also had postcards made. They mention a recipe for 20 minute taco soup and offer tips for promoting sales by offering a free item instead of a discount. The conversation also includes discussion of a deep covered baker set and plans to showcase it in June.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
and to try to build my business I have come up with this. I want to email it out to my contacts. I will then do follow up calls. I want them to have something to "see" to understand a bit about what I'm talking about when I call them.

I finally (after 6 years) am seing the value to this biz. I have one new team member who is doing great. Another almost ready to sign. I am finally seing that all things really are possible but it is up to me. (I have always known this but well you know how that goes...) :D

Any other ideas or tips would be welcomed!

Attachments

• Would you like to be able to have REAL food on the table in less than 30 minutes.doc
    1.4 MB · Views: 595
I think it looks good. I am doing only "Magic Pot Shows" with the DCB...here's my attachment.

I also had some postcards made up from Vista that talks about the Magic Pot and has the Pork Tenderloin recipe on the back....I don't know how to upload those from VP, but if you want to email me, I'll try to work on that.

Good Luck ~ and I get this business, it's my full time job and it's the best thing in the world!

Attachments

• Meals in Minutes Invite.doc
    50 KB · Views: 485
The flyer should read.....20 MINUTE Taco Soup!

Great job both of you!! Excellent ideas!!

Where is the 20 minute taco soup recipe? These both look great, btw!

Paulette....I am so glad you have become re-energized and that you are doing so well! Looks like you may be director soon! Whoo Hoo

The flier looks great! Wishing you much success and all that PC can offer.

I got it from Robin House and there's an older version from Power Cooking years ago that has lots more in it, but this is perfect for the Magic Pot:

TACO SOUP
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small yellow onion
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) beans in chili sauce, undrained
1 can Rotel chilis and diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can tomato soup
1 soup can of water
Place burger and chopped onion to Deep Covered Baker. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Remove and crumble with Mix n Chop. Cover and return to microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and use Mix n Chop till desired consistency is obtained. Drain. Add remaining ingredients, stir thoroughly and heat 10 minutes until hot. Serve with tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, and grated cheddar cheese.

Use small bowls if you have alot of people!

I love the deep covered baker set idea and hope to showcase it in June, imagine the sales for SAT!!!! However, one thing I would/will do different is instead of offering 10% off, I will offer something for free for purchasing the $99 set, like pocket thermometer or something under $10.00. That is basically a 10% reward, it increases commissionable sales even though you pay for it. You would still be paying for the 10% discount but it comes out of your commission, lowering your pay, not helping you at all. Does that make sense? Last night at a show, a customer bought $130 worth of product, rather than give up $13 by giving her 10% off, I added the HWC cake tester to her order as a gift from me. She was happy about that and I got another $3.50 in comm. sales. I want it to entice my customers, but also help me!!!

teresah551393 said:
I love the deep covered baker set idea and hope to showcase it in June, imagine the sales for SAT!!!! However, one thing I would/will do different is instead of offering 10% off, I will offer something for free for purchasing the $99 set, like pocket thermometer or something under $10.00. That is basically a 10% reward, it increases commissionable sales even though you pay for it. You would still be paying for the 10% discount but it comes out of your commission, lowering your pay, not helping you at all. Does that make sense? Last night at a show, a customer bought $130 worth of product, rather than give up $13 by giving her 10% off, I added the HWC cake tester to her order as a gift from me. She was happy about that and I got another $3.50 in comm. sales. I want it to entice my customers, but also help me!!!

Dang! I should have offerd this! I even have something written on my recipe sheet about the PT! I will just offer it as an option... 10% off or I add in a FREE Thermometer!

Thanks for posting the recipe and the flyers! These are great! I can't wait to try the soup!

teresah551393 said:

This is a GREAT IDEA!! And people like FREE stuff. :D The Thermometer makes perfect sense since we show so many recipes with the meats.

Just a note- don't forget to tell people about the Desserts they can also make in the DCB! We focus most on the dinner portion of the meal, but dessert is also possible.

NOT only is dessert possible it is REQUIRED!!! LOL

teresah551393 said:

I agree completely! In fact, I was thinking of offering the Pocket Thermometer as my free gift as well!

I think it looks great, but I would change "The Salad Choppers", as the product is called "Salad Chopper". I think as Consultants we need to make sure we are calling the product by its correct name. A bit nitpicky, I know, but that's how I am. :)

teresah551393 said:

I like your idea!! One question....Will you offer free shipping in the offer?

In answer to Angela's question, no, I will not offer free shipping. All that I offer comes out of my pocket and mine aren't that deep!!! Sat. night as I was discussing the ordering and talking about shipping I talked about the great deal PC has worked out for us with Fed Ex, $4.25 is not that much at all considering how heavy those stones are! That is a great bargain! They all agreed and were sort of "wowed". I did talk about dessert too, the host just hosted 2 months ago and we did the chicken alfresco and the dump cake dessert, she told all about the dumpcake and that is why I got 3 bookings, they all want that deep covered baker!

I don't think we need to practically give away even half of our commission. A simple free gift for the $99 purchase is impressive enough. I don't mind giving the pocket thermometer because even though I will pay for that upfront, I will get comm. sales, trip points, higher sales for other goals, etc... My host will get credit for the sale of it too, which will make her very happy. I think that is a win-win for everyone!

teresah551393 said:
In answer to Angela's question, no, I will not offer free shipping. All that I offer comes out of my pocket and mine aren't that deep!!! Sat. night as I was discussing the ordering and talking about shipping I talked about the great deal PC has worked out for us with Fed Ex, $4.25 is not that much at all considering how heavy those stones are! That is a great bargain! They all agreed and were sort of "wowed". I did talk about dessert too, the host just hosted 2 months ago and we did the chicken alfresco and the dump cake dessert, she told all about the dumpcake and that is why I got 3 bookings, they all want that deep covered baker!

I don't think we need to practically give away even half of our commission. A simple free gift for the $99 purchase is impressive enough. I don't mind giving the pocket thermometer because even though I will pay for that upfront, I will get comm. sales, trip points, higher sales for other goals, etc... My host will get credit for the sale of it too, which will make her very happy. I think that is a win-win for everyone!

Thanks Teresa for the response!! :) I am thinking about doing this tomorrow night at a show and trying to have my ducks in a row!! ;) I like the free PT idea and I think I will go for it. We'll see......I totally agreee about the "non-deep" pockets!! :D Thanks!!!

What is the DCB set and how does it work?

The DCB set stands for "Deluxe Cooking Blender" which is a versatile kitchen appliance that can blend, chop, puree, and even cook food. It works by combining high-speed blending with precise heating to create a variety of dishes.

What is included in the DCB set?

The DCB set includes the base unit, a 64-ounce blending pitcher, a tamper, and a cleaning brush. It also comes with a recipe book and a quick start guide to help you get started.

Can I use the DCB set to make hot soups?

Yes, the DCB set has a "soup" setting that allows you to blend and heat ingredients to make hot soups and sauces. It's perfect for quickly preparing a warm and comforting meal.

Is the DCB set easy to clean?

Yes, the DCB set is designed with easy cleaning in mind. The pitcher, tamper, and lid are all dishwasher safe. The base unit can be wiped down with a damp cloth, and the self-cleaning function helps remove any remaining food particles.

Can I use the DCB set to make frozen drinks and smoothies?

Yes, the DCB set has a "smoothie" setting that can easily crush ice and blend frozen fruit to make delicious smoothies and frozen drinks. You can also use it to make homemade ice cream and sorbet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies