• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Budget-Friendly Beach Vacation for June 14th: Advice Needed!

In summary, the Breakers Resort is close to the strip and has an outdoor play area for kids. It also has a nice bar and Starbucks nearby.
pampchef.angel
I am planning a family vacation for the week of June 14th. Anyone know where to find the best deals on an oceanfront hotel? Money is tight, but we have two small boys who are begging for a beach trip - I just can't deny them! Hopefully I will have a few successful PC shows between now and then to help with the costs...all suggestions welcomed! TIA

YES!! The Breakers Resort... Very close to the strip & it is oceanfront! They also have a deal that if you book 90 days in advance, you get 25% off.. We've already booked it for our Sept. trip. We're staying in the Paradise Tower (the newest one).

It has a GREAT outdoor play area for kids.. & a really nice bar, too ;) && another bonus is the Starbucks right across the street!!

Myrtle Beach Family Resort | The Breakers Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC

We stayed in a new hotel (Anderson) last year. We LOVED it, but not a nice play area for kids..

Also, try hotels.com - WE KNOW HOTELS INSIDE AND OUT.® . We booked through them last year, got a great deal, & they sent us a $50 gas card! We didn't use them this year though b/c of the deal The Breakers was having..

https://secure.guestdesk.com/reservations/?id=11&systemType=2&refLoc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Echefsuccess%2Ecom%2Ff18%2Fmyrtle%2Dbeach%2Dsc%2D51741%2F&bookedOnrefLoc=breakers%2Ecom

Here's a list of their specials..

My DH stayed their a few years back & liked it. I personally have never stayed there. So if you & your family stay at The Breakers, you'll have to let me know how you liked it ;)

We are going in July and looked and looked and looked some more online, there are just too many options and so many different reviews, so I finally just called Elliott Realty. They are a realty company that deals with a lot of condos and beach houses, I got a really nice woman who told me exactly what I could get for our budget and I looked online while talking to her and decided. We got a 1 bedroom oceanfront condo for 7 days with 1 king bed, a double sleeper sofa and a double murphey bed, linens and check out maid service, the hotel has a lazy river and looks really nice, for 1006. Compared to everything else I've found and the looks of this place it's a good deal. So, I would try calling them if you get overwhelmed looking online. Oh, we're staying at the Baywatch. Good luck!!!

Last edited:
I have stayed at alot of Myrtle hotels & never been really disappointed to warn you of any ...
The Breakers is nice.
We started to stay at Captians Quarters this yr (never been there) but went w/ a condo instead for more room.
I have used Elliot Realty several times including this yr!:thumbup:

Elliott Realty is very good..........:thumbup:

1. How can I find affordable accommodations for a June 14th beach vacation?

One option is to search for vacation rentals or Airbnb properties instead of traditional hotels. These often offer lower prices and the ability to cook your own meals, saving money on dining out. You can also look for hotels or resorts that offer special deals or discounts for booking in advance.

2. What are some budget-friendly activities to do on a beach vacation?

Some budget-friendly activities include swimming, sunbathing, exploring nearby beaches or nature trails, and having picnics on the beach. You can also rent bikes or kayaks for a low cost, or look for free events or concerts happening in the area.

3. Is it cheaper to fly or drive to a beach vacation destination?

This depends on your location and the distance to the beach. If you live within driving distance, it may be cheaper to drive and save on airfare. However, if you are traveling a long distance, it may be more cost-effective to find affordable flights.

4. How can I save money on food during my beach vacation?

Consider packing non-perishable snacks and meals to bring with you, such as granola bars, sandwiches, and fruit. This can save money on eating out for every meal. You can also look for local grocery stores to purchase ingredients for simple meals to cook at your accommodations.

5. Are there any tips for saving money on transportation during a beach vacation?

If you are flying, consider using a budget airline or booking flights during off-peak times. If you are driving, try to carpool with others to split gas costs. You can also look into public transportation options or renting bikes to get around the beach destination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Gagescorpages
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam