• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Maximizing Team Success: BTB Meeting Follow-Up & Destination Feedback

In summary, the conversation was about the recent team meetings and how they went. Some consultants were disappointed with the high goals set for the incentive trips, while others felt motivated and inspired. Some shared their success stories and strategies for achieving the trips, while others were more focused on earning money. The importance of goal setting and follow-through was emphasized, as well as the need for good communication and understanding of the trip requirements. Different reactions and opinions were shared, but overall the team seemed determined to work hard and achieve their goals.
finley1991
How did your meetings go?

Thoughts?

Do you like the destinations? How do you teams feel about them?

Are you doing anything special this year to help your team earn them?

I left mine feeling crushed. I was so excited for my team ( many of them were not here for the first of 2011) and I wanted them to leave feeling inspired. I did mine with my AD. She feels that the bar has been raised too high for the trips and felt the need to be overly realistic in her presentation ( she did the incentive trip goals work sheet). By the end she had them thinking the only way they could realistically earn TofT was to recruit 7 people and and 4-5 shows a month. The looks on their faces was terrible. I tried to do some damage control but they were all saying that felt overwhelmed. Not what I was wanting for the first of the year.

Oh no! :( So sorry!!!! Maybe we can help brainstorm some ideas for damage control? Would that help?

I would be ticked! Get with them and re-work the numbers, it's totally doable!

The trips are 'extra bonuses' -- truly, they SHOULD be earned. My casual consultants know that they earn a paycheck -- my go-getters know that they can earn a trip as an extra bonus to a great paycheck.I think when you break down TOT, it's clear that with the promotion points and the recruiting points, after promoting to Director (which most will likely do) you are left with doing 1-2 shows a week or $2857 a month in sales. The recruiting? Let's find 4 friends to try this business. Just pick 4 -- 1 neighbor, 1 relative, 1 host and 1 customer. Earning the trips? We do it -- they can, too. Is it challenging? Yes -- it's supposed to be. Why would the company reward those who do 2 shows a month with a trip that could cost thousands? Just good business sense.I have some who want the larger trips -- who are now consultants and SC. Can they do it? You bet -- my advice: get going!!! I earned a level 3 trip (Atlantis in the Bahamas) my first year. I had 10 recruits and $57,000 in sales. They CAN DO IT if they WANT TO.

I encourage goal setting and follow thru with personal promises. Every year we all start with a clean slate. What we make of it is our own choice.Oh, and we had a great night! There were 6 Directors (or above) with about 40 people in attendance. It was fun, we did a little entertaining (had an 'airplane' set up and did a little skit). We let them focus on TOT since none but the D's had earned trips before. Follow up is key. Looking forward to helping them move forward!

Maybe they explained it wrong, I saw people leaving the theater saying they never thought of it with the #s broken down & were really excited!! Because it is doable...It is also a numbers game & if you do shows you WILL get people asking about the business! :D

Does someone mind explaining to me how TOT works?

I was disappointed before the meeting because I got several last minute cancellations. But the enthusiasm of those that came made me feel so much better by the end. It's just like a show - those that do come deserve the same party as if everyone invited showed up.

I used the outline from HO and while my team isn't achievers and zone out once they hear the total points needed they did leave excited and rejuvinated. The guest was ready to sign before the meeting (WANTS THAT DCB BUNDLE!) and is more excited than ever after - she's waiting for her show on the 14th. Yes, I am trying to get her to make it her first show but she's still saying she wants to buy down. She's attending a party with me tomorrow so I am hoping she'll change her mind then!

I think it was the best B2B meeting they've scripted. I loved that they spoke to those that have been in a while and haven't been working anywhere near trip level. I loved the fact that they did it in clips. SOOOO easy!

Ours was fairly low key--I think a lot of our team is discouraged....When they announced that Ireland was for AD and above most of them were NOT pleased. Vegas is a no brainer for us....we live 3 hours away but the idea of the travel incentive and driving changed their minds a bit....Cabo, maybe so. Most of our teams this year just want to earn more $$ and so that's what we are aiming at.

bethcooks4u said:
The guest was ready to sign before the meeting (WANTS THAT DCB BUNDLE!) and is more excited than ever after - she's waiting for her show on the 14th. Yes, I am trying to get her to make it her first show but she's still saying she wants to buy down. She's attending a party with me tomorrow so I am hoping she'll change her mind then!

She does realize she'll make more than $40 in commission if it is her grand opening, right? Give her the numbers--they don't lie!

DebbieJ said:
She does realize she'll make more than $40 in commission if it is her grand opening, right? Give her the numbers--they don't lie!

And she'll qualify faster so that she CAN earn that DCB Bundle! ;)

Sheila said:
And she'll qualify faster so that she CAN earn that DCB Bundle! ;)

Yeah, that too!

Finding these converstations great. I can not have my BTB meeting until this weekend and I do not want to present anything as negative. Trips are achievable but the bar is set higher than in the past on the recruiting end.

People have balance between talking themselves out of not being able to achieve a trip and being realistic as to what is going on in our lives. Even some of us on this loop have been effected by serious illness in our families (or personal illness) where running our business "as usual" and consistent may not be possible.

On the flip side, if you want to earn a trip and there has not been a major upheaval in our life, then it does take a lot of hard work, but it IS doable.

Half of my 2011 was in an upheavel but I am determined to work harder on the areas that are weak...hoping more on my team will be achieving trips!

Our mtg. was amazing! I had 8 or 9 from my personal team attend our combo mtg. We had training at 6pm and had a good group of people show up. Some were just there for a refresher. 6:30 we had a potato bar. (this was fantastic! Easy set up and easy clean up) 7 mtg. One of the dir. made these cute binder clip biz card holders. Binder clip wrapped with checker paper and a car sticker on the front with a bow on the metal ends. Place it on your desk to hold small papers/cards and is a great reminder of your goal.

We had a gal on my teamm do a quick demo and skipped the first few segments of the dvd. WOW she is always amazing! Here's a few tips from her:
*Squeeze your citrus first with your hand, then press. Always wows the guest how much more you can get out.
*Use a "garbage bowl". Line the lrg. bamboo fiber bowl with a product bag from the store. Easy clean up, esp. when the host trash can is over flowing.
*Create a portable dishwasher: put a rectangle trashcan in your burg. shopping bag. Place dirty dishes in it as you use them, then take home, rinse and place in your dw.
*Cell phone game: have guest turn to back of catalog. 1st person to call you on your cell gets a prize. Have them store your number in their phone as Pampered Chef xxxx.

Too many more to list. But I think everyone left inspired.

I think we have to keep in mind that the trips are not on everyone's list and while I believe that anyone can earn them, they are out of reach for those on our team who do 1-3 shows/month and don't want any more than that. For that reason, we tried to focus our mtg. on training them to have better shows/tips and not just all about the trips.

DebbieJ said:

Oh, yes. I have stressed that but she says she still wants to observe one more (the show I met her at was her first ever). She's riding with me tomorrow to my show so again I will tell her how it benefits her to be the consultant on her show and I will remind her that she's observing on tomorrow's show and it's not like I won't be there at her show.

Thanks for sharing those tips Barb! I just shared with my group on our FB page. :D

flemings99 said:
*Squeeze your citrus first with your hand, then press. Always wows the guest how much more you can get out.
*Use a "garbage bowl". Line the lrg. bamboo fiber bowl with a product bag from the store. Easy clean up, esp. when the host trash can is over flowing.
*Create a portable dishwasher: put a rectangle trashcan in your burg. shopping bag. Place dirty dishes in it as you use them, then take home, rinse and place in your dw.
*Cell phone game: have guest turn to back of catalog. 1st person to call you on your cell gets a prize. Have them store your number in their phone as Pampered Chef xxxx.

Too many more to list. But I think everyone left inspired.

QUOTE]

Hey Barb, I love those tips. When you get time, do you mind sharing more. Maybe in a different post.

My first BTB meeting went good with 2 of my newer consultants. We were in a bistro restaurant by a fire and the place eventually filled up before we left. While we were there the waitress asked us if we needed a secretary and we said no but we have a wonderful opportunity for you to look at! I gave her a catalog but let one of the new people follow up with her.:clap:

I found that there was a lot packed into the meeting but it was all good. During part of the meeting the said, "So Dublin is for you, right?" After I said no, it could very well be achieved by one of you too if you work your business hard and promote. I like the 4 part DVD so we could discuss each step.

Things are looking up! Spent a lot of time on the phone and now with dbl points they are getting excited. Thanks for listening to me vent.

What is a "Btb Meeting Follow-Up"?

A "Btb Meeting Follow-Up" is a meeting that is held after a business-to-business (Btb) meeting to discuss the outcomes and next steps. It is an important step in the business process to ensure that all parties are on the same page and that any action items are addressed.

Why is a "Btb Meeting Follow-Up" necessary?

A "Btb Meeting Follow-Up" is necessary to ensure that all parties involved in the initial Btb meeting understand the outcomes and any next steps that need to be taken. It also provides an opportunity for any questions or concerns to be addressed and for any necessary follow-up actions to be assigned.

Who typically attends a "Btb Meeting Follow-Up"?

The attendees of a "Btb Meeting Follow-Up" can vary depending on the nature of the initial Btb meeting. However, it typically includes representatives from each party involved in the initial meeting, such as key decision-makers or project managers.

What happens during a "Btb Meeting Follow-Up"?

During a "Btb Meeting Follow-Up", the attendees will review the outcomes of the initial Btb meeting, discuss any action items that need to be addressed, and assign responsibilities for follow-up actions. It is also an opportunity to ask any questions or clarify any points from the initial meeting.

How should I prepare for a "Btb Meeting Follow-Up"?

To prepare for a "Btb Meeting Follow-Up", it is important to review the outcomes and action items from the initial Btb meeting. This will ensure that you are up-to-date on any developments and can contribute effectively to the follow-up meeting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
keril
  • Sheila