1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Brunch Show

Tags:
  1. ladybug

ladybug Member

I have a brunch show on Friday for a long-time good friend of mine... but its driving me crazy!! Here's the situation:

I usually offer one recipe in each category to avoid the "catering" idea, so my brunch for this month is the Apricot Almond Twist (from the All the Best Cookbook) I made it and hubby and I just LOVED it~~

Told my friend (host) and she says she hates fruit and bread.. but it shows a lot of products and tastes good.. I went to her house and told her she could choose something else... she came up with the Chocolate Swirl Bread, but I didn't like it and it doesn't do the "wow" thing for me like I like it at my shows. It takes like bread and chocolate... I don't have any cookware to make any egg stuff...

Do you guys know any great brunch recipes that tastes really good, show a good number of products and looks WOW?? (oh, and doesn't need eggs to cook in a skillet)

Thanks in advance!

Sep 20, 2005
  2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

How about Fruit Kebobs and dip (All the Best) or Teatime Tartlest or Ham Florentine Wreath (Celebrate) or Apple Bundles (Delightful Desserts) or a Chicken Ring or Braid...?

Sep 20, 2005
  3. ladybug

ladybug Member

Ham Florentine Wreath??

Name sounds good, but I don't have the cookbook. what's in it??

Sep 20, 2005
  4. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Ham Florentine Wreath

2 (8 oz. each) pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls
    10 oz. frozen chopped spinach (thawed & well drained)
    8 oz. diced cooked ham
    1/4 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
    5 oz. shredded swiss cheese, divided
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 tsp. coarsely ground plack pepper
    2 plum tomatoes
    1 egg white, lightly beaten
    1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Separate crescents into 16 triangles. Arrange 8 triangles in a circle on large round stone with wide ends toward center. Corners will touch and points will extend 1 inch off edge of stone. Arrange remaining 8 triangles in center, matching wide ends. Seal seams. (Points will overlap in center DO NOT SEAL)

Combine spinach, ham and green onions. Shred cheese. Add 1 cup of cheese, the mayonnaise and pepper to ham mixture. Scoop filling over seams of dough forming a circle.

Arrange sliced tomatoes in overlapping circular pattern over filling, top with remaining cheese. Beginning in center, lift one triangle across mixture. Continue alternating with outer triangles, slightly overlapping to form wreath.

Brush egg white over dough and sprinkle chopped almonds over wreath. Bake 25-30 minutes.

Sep 20, 2005
  5. ltkacz

ltkacz Guest

How about the Ham & Cheese Croisant bake

It's in the Fall/Winter 2005 Season's Best. I made it for a cluster get together and everyone loved it. My husband and son ate the leftovers and they loved it too.

It showed a lot of products and it was easy to make.

Sep 20, 2005
  6. ladybug

ladybug Member

Thanks..

Beth, thanks a bunch for the recipe, I know she doesn't eat pork, but I'll try to substitute with a turkey ham..

The Ham & Cheddar Croissant Bake sounds good, but I don't have the pots to cook the veggies! Thanks for the suggestion though!

Sep 20, 2005
  7. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

You know

Ladybug, you could always borrow a product from me or Leslee. Don't forget that! Congratulations on your business success.

Sep 20, 2005
  8. ladybug

ladybug Member

Thanks

My host and I settled on the Lemon Pepper Crab Canapes and the Mediterranean Hummus Squares. Thanks for all the advice.

Sandra - I will have to take you up on the offer really soon! I can't keep buying this stuff for each show~ I need to EARN, baby!! Talk to you soon!

Sep 20, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted