• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PB&J Brownies: Should I Cut the Extra Flour?

In summary, cutting the extra flour will result in a more moist and gooey texture for PB&J brownies, but may also affect the binding of ingredients. Whole wheat flour can be substituted for all-purpose flour, but may result in a different texture and taste. To prevent sticking, line the baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease it. Natural peanut butter can be used, but may require adjustments to compensate for its runnier consistency. When stored properly, PB&J brownies can stay fresh for 3-4 days at room temperature, up to a week in the refrigerator, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
babywings76
Gold Member
I've made the PB& J Brownies a couple times now. Both times, I felt like they tasted almost a little dry. I'm wondering if I should cut out the extra flour the recipe calls for. Have you guys tried making just the regular mix as is? Are they still able to be sliced in half to make a top & bottom for a sandwich style dessert?

I made box brownies and they would be great to slice in half and make a sandwich

I made the Brownie recipe that was on the use and care card that came with it. A boxed brownie mix with added chopped marshino (sp?) cherries. Poured batter in pan.... and THEN>>>>> put chocolate cordials in the center and baked them! They were a HIT with my family and neighbors!

1. Should I cut the extra flour if I want a gooey texture for my PB&J brownies?

Yes, cutting the extra flour will result in a more moist and gooey texture for your brownies. The flour helps to bind the ingredients together, so reducing the amount will create a more fudgy consistency.

2. Can I substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour in PB&J brownies?

Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour in PB&J brownies. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different. Whole wheat flour has a nuttier flavor and can result in a denser brownie.

3. How can I prevent my PB&J brownies from sticking to the pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to line your baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil before pouring in the brownie batter. You can also lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or butter.

4. Can I use natural peanut butter in PB&J brownies?

Yes, you can use natural peanut butter in PB&J brownies. However, natural peanut butter tends to be runnier and may affect the texture of the brownies. You may need to adjust the amount of flour or other ingredients to compensate for the difference in consistency.

5. How long do PB&J brownies stay fresh?

When stored in an airtight container, PB&J brownies will stay fresh for up to 3-4 days at room temperature. You can also extend their freshness by storing them in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies