• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfectly Baked Brownies in Stoneware: Tips for Achieving the Perfect Texture!

In summary, to prevent brownies from sticking to stoneware, thoroughly grease it with butter or cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. You can also use a metal pan to bake brownies, but stoneware is preferred for more even baking. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies. Multiple batches can be baked in stoneware, but leave enough space and adjust baking time if needed. To clean stoneware, let it cool and wash with warm water and mild detergent, avoiding harsh chemicals or scrubbers. Stubborn stains can be removed with a mixture of baking soda and water.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I've made brownies in the bar pan for the warm and nutty caramel recipe. They were really fudgey for my preference. I was thinking about making some in the min fluted pan. I would just split the brownie mix to fill the fluted pan evenly. Do you think they would turn out okay? Any suggestions to get the brownies not to be sooo fudgey?

there is usually an option on the box for "cake like" or "fudge like" brownies...maybe try the cake like to see if that's better.

Yes, use the cake-like option and try cooking it a couple of minutes longer. Also leaving it in the pan a while before cutting helps solidify it more. I use this recipe for a kid's snack bar and they love it!

The warm nutty caramel recipe calls for making cake like brownies but it also adds extra chocolate and brown sugar which will make it more fudge like. I love brownies from a stone. I think without that extra chocolate and brown sugar they will be fine.

Hi there! I'm glad to hear that you've tried the warm and nutty caramel recipe in the bar pan. It's definitely a delicious one! As for your question about making brownies in the mini fluted pan, I think it's a great idea. The smaller size of the pan may help the brownies cook more evenly and potentially reduce the fudginess. Another suggestion would be to slightly reduce the amount of liquid in the recipe, as that can contribute to a fudgier texture. You could also try adding in some chopped nuts or chocolate chips for a bit of texture. I hope these tips help and that you enjoy your brownies in the mini fluted pan! Happy baking!

1. How do I prevent my brownies from sticking to the stoneware?

To prevent sticking, make sure to thoroughly grease the stoneware with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the brownie batter. You can also line the stoneware with parchment paper for extra insurance against sticking.

2. Can I use a metal pan instead of stoneware for baking brownies?

Yes, you can use a metal pan to bake brownies. However, stoneware is preferred because it distributes heat more evenly and can lead to a more evenly baked and moist brownie.

3. How do I know when the brownies are done baking?

The best way to test for doneness is to insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies. If it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, the brownies are done. Overbaking can result in dry and hard brownies, so be sure to keep an eye on them towards the end of the baking time.

4. Can I make multiple batches of brownies in stoneware at once?

Yes, you can make multiple batches of brownies in stoneware at once. Just make sure to leave enough space between each pan for proper air circulation and even baking. You may also need to adjust the baking time slightly for multiple batches.

5. How do I clean my stoneware after baking brownies?

To clean stoneware, let it cool completely before washing it with warm water and a mild detergent. Avoid using harsh chemicals or scrubbers, as they can damage the stoneware's surface. If there are stubborn stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to gently scrub them away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • pampered_rae
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • lauraP2000