• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Death by Chocolate Trifle: Brownie Recipe for Large Bar Pan

In summary, the recipe for the Death by Chocolate Trifle calls for 2 brownie mixes in the large bar pan. It is recommended to put both mixes in at the same time as they will not run over. Some people have had success using only one box of mix, but it may result in a thinner brownie. Using parchment paper is suggested when using a rectangle stone to prevent the brownie from spreading and making a mess in the oven. It is ultimately up to personal preference whether to use one or two boxes of mix, but one box in the large bar pan is typically enough for a trifle.
ChefPaulaB
The recipe for the Death by Chocolate Trifle calls for 2 brownie mixes in the large bar pan. My question is, do you put both mixes in at the same time? They don't run over? I made a single mix in the bar pan once and it was so thin, but when I make the warm nutty caramel brownies they're fine, so wasn't sure what happened there, but just wanted to check before I made it this morning for a lunch hour show... TIA!

I would say at the same time. You could use a 2 regular brownie mixes rather than the larger boxes.

When I've made cake-like brownies in the large bar pan, a single mix seems to be enough. The egg adds enough extra leavening power that the brownies are a little thicker. But I've also made 2 mixes together of fudgy brownies, and it's been fine.

A lot of people do it that way. I have always only used one box (13x9 size) with that stone and never had a problem. I think the WNC brownies comes out thicker because you are adding to the mixture before baking it.

You can make 2 9x13 brownie mixes in the large bar pan at the same time - and they won't run over. It's too much brownie for the trifle though. One mix is enough. But hey - you can always use extra brownies!:D

Wow! Thank you for the responses!!! I think that I'll go with the one mix, since I did buy the family size and since there is only supposed to be 3 confirmed guests at the show (I am so not excited to be doing this show!).

What I've been doing for the Black Forest Trifle is using one of the Betty Crocker Mixes (Family Size for 9x13) and making them cake-like and using the Medium Sheet Pan with Parchment paper. This makes a perfect amount for two layers in the trifle bowl.

(I have never had luck with Browies in the Large Bar Pan - they come out like a sheet of paper for me - and I am using new mixes so that's not the issue! If I were to try Brownies in the Large Bar Pan again, I would use 2 boxes.)

kam said:
What I've been doing for the Black Forest Trifle is using one of the Betty Crocker Mixes (Family Size for 9x13) and making them cake-like and using the Medium Sheet Pan with Parchment paper. This makes a perfect amount for two layers in the trifle bowl.

(I have never had luck with Browies in the Large Bar Pan - they come out like a sheet of paper for me - and I am using new mixes so that's not the issue! If I were to try Brownies in the Large Bar Pan again, I would use 2 boxes.)

Hmmm, I don't have the medium bar pan (I do have the 9x13 stone), maybe I'll just go with that to be on the safe side.......

ChefPaulaB said:
Hmmm, I don't have the medium bar pan (I do have the 9x13 stone), maybe I'll just go with that to be on the safe side.......

Don't worry about using the large bar pan. It works! I NEVER use 2 boxes and it always turns out - but then I don't like really thick brownies. One box made in the large bar pan is perfect for a trifle.

If you use the rectangle stone be sure to use parchment paper and leave about an inch around to allow for some spreading or the brownie will be all over the bottom of your oven. Brownies on flat stones are very thin, by the way. Personally, I'd use the LBP.

BethCooks4U said:
Don't worry about using the large bar pan. It works! I NEVER use 2 boxes and it always turns out - but then I don't like really thick brownies. One box made in the large bar pan is perfect for a trifle.

If you use the rectangle stone be sure to use parchment paper and leave about an inch around to allow for some spreading or the brownie will be all over the bottom of your oven. Brownies on flat stones are very thin, by the way. Personally, I'd use the LBP.

I'm sorry, I meant the Rectangular Baker (13x9), but I'll go ahead and use the LBP, sounds like the way to go. Thank you!

kam said:

ChefPaulaB said:

No, I meant I use the Medium Sheet Pan (not the stoneware).

Oh, duh :blushing:... it did say sheet pan, didn't it! I do have that, just never think to use it.

ChefPaulaB said:
Oh, duh :blushing:... it did say sheet pan, didn't it! I do have that, just never think to use it.

I got the idea from the Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops recipe (since I have no luck with the Stones to make Brownies). That one uses the Med Sheet pan w/Parchment. Even though the Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops don't use cake-like, I go ahead and make cake-like and I follow the time/temp from the box.

Rectangle baker (9x13) will make the same size brownies as Med sheet pan, which is also 9x13. I used the rectangle to bake a brownie for a trifle for a show last week and totally spaced on that until just now. Put a piece of parchment in the stone first, to make a sling so that you can lift it out when baked.

1. How many brownies can I make in the Large Bar Pan?

The Large Bar Pan can hold up to 12 brownies, depending on the size of the brownie you are making.

2. Can I use the Large Bar Pan for other desserts besides brownies?

Yes, the Large Bar Pan can be used for a variety of desserts such as blondies, cookie bars, and even mini cakes.

3. Do I need to grease the Large Bar Pan before baking brownies?

No, the Large Bar Pan has a non-stick coating so greasing is not necessary. However, you can lightly spray the pan with cooking spray for easier removal.

4. How long should I bake brownies in the Large Bar Pan?

The baking time will vary depending on the type of brownie mix or recipe you are using. Generally, brownies take about 20-25 minutes to bake in the Large Bar Pan at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

5. Can I use metal utensils in the Large Bar Pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils in the Large Bar Pan as it may scratch the non-stick coating. It is best to use nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies