• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warm Nutty Brownies: Demo Tips & Tricks

In summary, you pour the brownie batter into a pan and show the stone before starting. You use the microplane to shave some nuts on top and then sprinkle on top after the brownies are done. You have mixed the batter before the show and the stone is already prepared.
feather18
Hey all, I didnt want to steal the previous thread about the warm nutty browines, but just have a small question..
I am demoing this on my next show and havent demo it before. Would you have the brownie batter already prepared and ready to pour? and the nuts and stuff already chopped? Oh also, see i knew this wouldnt be a small one! ok, when yall chop the choc chips, does it actually chop them? When i did it, it didnt chope them.. it just kind of dented them they didnt chop smaller. any help would be great!

I do have the batter mixed at the start of the show and after showing the stone I pour it into the pan and go from there.

I do not chop the chocolate chips - they work just fine right out of the bag and besides they are already in the batter by the time the show starts.

I chop the nuts in front of them so that they see the product in use. I also shave some more nuts on top with the microplane at the end (to show yet another great product).

I have made this once & although I REALLY greased the stone, trying to get the first few pieces out were horribly STUCK!!! Any ideas? TIA

Ginger428 said:
I have made this once & although I REALLY greased the stone, trying to get the first few pieces out were horribly STUCK!!! Any ideas? TIA
...hmmm My stone is not very seasoned and I just lightly spritzed it and had no trouble getting it out. Could it have been a little over cooked??

BethCooks4U said:
...hmmm My stone is not very seasoned and I just lightly spritzed it and had no trouble getting it out. Could it have been a little over cooked??

I dont think so, but do you think that would be the problem? Hmmm:(
I really want to do these for a show, I think especially now with the holidays coming, that people will react to these the same way I did...:rolleyes:

Yeah i will mix it before.. Ok, the nuts on the microplane?? That is different. So you chope the nuts, then sprinkle on top, then chop again and sprinkle after done, then microplane nuts?

does anyone else use the microplane for the nuts? when do you use it? just for decoration?

Using the Microplane for nuts gives you nut powder - great for garnishing or dusting over the top of a cake. They're so small that you can taste the nut, but they don't get stuck in your teeth. :)

oh ok! Thanks! One thing that happened when i made them the first time, is when i went to sprinkle the nuts and brown sugar, it kind clumped out of my hand, and so some of it was covered, and some not. Has that happened to any of you? Im sure i just didnt do it right.

It can be tricky to get it fairly even. If you use your fingertips and rub them together to separate/break up the clumps, it's easier to get it even.

One good thing about having semi-hardened or maybe stale brown sugar at my last show was that when mixed with the nuts it was very easy to stir up the mixture in the easy read measuring cup and just sprinkle it out over the brownies. It wasn't clumped or sticky.

I would NOT suggest using the chopper on the chocolate chips, I tried chopping a very small amount, and the chips just got stuck in the blades :yuck:

So I skipped the chopping part and they turned out great!

That happened to me too!! So im just going to throw the chips in not chopped.

Cassie1037 said:
I would NOT suggest using the chopper on the chocolate chips, I tried chopping a very small amount, and the chips just got stuck in the blades :yuck:

So I skipped the chopping part and they turned out great!

If you want to stick to the recipe and chop the morsels just put them in the fridge for a few minutes. It will allow you to chop them up without getting mushy stuck chocolate all over your food chopper.

The chopper works great on choco chips that are frozen. However at shows I usually just toss them in. These have been a HUGE hit. I even had on batch come out and it wasn't completely done in the middle but the outsides were starting to brown so I took them out anyway. EVRYONE loved them "still gooey" in the middle.

We just discussed this recipe at our cluster meeting and instead of peanuts (many people have a peanut allegy) to use pretzels.
One of my cluster mates did it this way and said it was great! :thumbup:

Kelly V.

I practiced this recipe tonight....

The choc chips did not chop, so I agree with everyone here....just throw them in.

When I sprinkled the rolos and nuts on top.... I actually popped it back in the oven again, to melt the rolos a bit more. YUM! It was nice gooey caramel when I cut them and served them up.

I highly recommend vanilla ice cream with this recipe!

Good luck!

Leslie

I practiced tonight as well and brought them to my neighborhood block party...it was a hit, of course! I did think the whole rolos stuck in the brownie was a bit much. I may skip that next time and just sprinkle extra quartered rolos on top.

I have made this recipe at 5 shows so far. My tips are... when the brownie is cooked just until the cake tester comes out dry they will release from the stone easily. I do use the oil on the stone but only to showcase the basting brush ( I have ommitted oil and they released fine). Also instead of the large chocolate chips that do not chop well I buy the mini chocolate chips and they work perfect! The more I have made the recipe the quicker it goes. There fore I do not prepare the brownie mix ahead of time I just have the mix out of the box and into my classic batter bowl ready to be added to. I found that I really enjoy doinghis recipe as a demo because there is not a lot of prep work involved so I can focus more on my host instead of setting up before the show. I also lay the nuts out on the cutting board ready to be chopped and have the brown sugar already measured out in the small stainless steel mixing bowl (cover on), ready for the nuts to be added. Also... since this is chocolate overload... guests really enjoy this recipe with a scoop of icecream. Perfect chance to let the brownies cool a little bit while you send around the icecream scoop with an ice cube. ;)

What ingredients are needed to make Warm Nutty Brownies?

To make Warm Nutty Brownies, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 box brownie mix
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (any variety)

Optional toppings:

• Vanilla ice cream
  • Hot fudge sauce

What is the best way to chop nuts for Warm Nutty Brownies?

The best way to chop nuts for Warm Nutty Brownies is to use the Pampered Chef Food Chopper. Simply place the nuts in the chopper and pump the handle until the nuts are finely chopped. You can also use a sharp knife and cutting board if you do not have a food chopper.

Can I use a different type of brownie mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of brownie mix for this recipe. Just follow the instructions on the box and add in the chopped nuts as directed. However, we recommend using the Pampered Chef Brownie Pan for the best results.

Can I make these brownies in advance?

Yes, you can make these brownies in advance. Simply bake them according to the instructions and let them cool completely. Then, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat in the microwave for a warm and gooey treat!

How can I make these brownies even more decadent?

If you want to make these brownies even more indulgent, try adding some chocolate chips or chunks to the batter before baking. You can also top them with whipped cream or caramel sauce for an extra special touch. The possibilities are endless with Warm Nutty Brownies!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies