• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chef's Tip: Baking Perfect Brownies in a Pan

In summary, there is a discussion about using the Brownie Pan and how to prevent the brownies from coming out too hard. It is suggested to bake at 350 degrees for 16 minutes on the middle rack of the oven. Some tips include using a Cheese Crumbler or Nylon Scrapers to lift out the brownies, greasing the pan with olive oil or a Kitchen Spritzer, and using coconut oil in the recipe for added flavor. It is also recommended to keep an eye on the brownies while baking and to adjust the time accordingly. The correct bake time for an ultimate cookie brownie mix from Aldi is not mentioned.
aubriakindle
I need advice with the Brownie Pan... I have made brownies in this about a dozen tiems, and they always come out too hard on the outside. The first few tiems I followed recipe times, and they came out like rocks. Then I lowered the temp but kept at same time- still too hard. Then I increased the temp back to 350 and decreased time, these came out a little less hard... and I tried lowering time and heat and these came out like lave cake in the middle...

I love this pan and have been using it at my shows pretty much every demo...I have found that for a regular batch of brownies I lightly grease the pan and bake at 350 degrees for only 16 minutes....even when I put a reeces on top before baking I still only do 16 minutes at 350 degrees. Middle rack of oven is the key as well... When they set up and cool they are perfect everytime....hope this helps. I found the new cheese crumbler tool lifts them right out...

Great tip about the Cheese Crumbler!

The Nylon Scrapers are the perfect size for lifting out the brownies, too

Awesome thank- all good information... Okay so when you grease the pan what are you using? I dont think I should use Pam... so what are my other options?

I use olive oil and spread with the basting brush

I use our Kitchen Spritzer.

If you just need to grease- you could use Pam or if the recipe calls for flour too, Bakers Choice.

I would use vegetable or canola oil for baking. Don't want the flavor of olive oil unless making a savory recipe. I brush the sides and bottom using the chef's silicone basting brush. Neater than the kitchen spritzer. I find that Pam will cause the pan to get sticky after a few uses.

I also had trouble with my brownies coming out like little bricks. I decreased temp by 25 degrees and baked for less time (you have to keep an eye on them) then remove brownies to cooling rack immediately when done. I use coconut oil applied with the silicone brush for not only greasing the pan but also in the recipe. The coconut oil adds a nice flavor, you won't go back once you try it!

My regular brownies (using a regular mix) are in the oven now ... 15 minutes was way too short on time because they are complete liquid in the center so now I'm doing them for 20. I stirred in half a cup of extra chocolate chips.I have this ultimate cookie brownie mix from Aldi ... anybody know the correct bake time for these?

1. How do I prevent my brownies from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your brownies from sticking to the pan, make sure to grease the pan thoroughly with butter or cooking spray. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.

2. Can I use a glass pan to bake brownies?

Yes, you can use a glass pan to bake brownies. Just keep in mind that glass conducts heat differently than metal, so you may need to adjust the baking time or temperature accordingly.

3. What is the best way to cut brownies into neat squares?

For neat and even squares, wait until the brownies have cooled completely before cutting them. Use a sharp knife and wipe it clean between cuts to prevent the brownies from sticking.

4. How can I make my brownies more fudgy?

To make your brownies more fudgy, try using a combination of butter and oil in the recipe. You can also add in some melted chocolate or chocolate chips for an extra gooey texture.

5. How do I know when my brownies are done baking?

The best way to check if your brownies are done is to insert a toothpick or knife into the center. If it comes out with a few moist crumbs, the brownies are ready. Overbaking can result in dry and crumbly brownies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • dianevill
  • Products and Tips
Replies