1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Brownie Pan help

1. I need advice with the Brownie Pan... I have made brownies in this about a dozen tiems, and they always come out too hard on the outside. The first few tiems I followed recipe times, and they came out like rocks. Then I lowered the temp but kept at same time- still too hard. Then I increased the temp back to 350 and decreased time, these came out a little less hard... and I tried lowering time and heat and these came out like lave cake in the middle...

Mar 20, 2013
  2. kreaser

kreaser Advanced Member Gold Member

I love this pan and have been using it at my shows pretty much every demo...I have found that for a regular batch of brownies I lightly grease the pan and bake at 350 degrees for only 16 minutes....even when I put a reeces on top before baking I still only do 16 minutes at 350 degrees. Middle rack of oven is the key as well... When they set up and cool they are perfect everytime....hope this helps. I found the new cheese crumbler tool lifts them right out...

Mar 20, 2013
  3. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Great tip about the Cheese Crumbler!

Mar 20, 2013
  4. cochef

cochef Veteran Member Gold Member

The Nylon Scrapers are the perfect size for lifting out the brownies, too

Mar 20, 2013
  5. Awesome thank- all good information... Okay so when you grease the pan what are you using? I dont think I should use Pam... so what are my other options?

Mar 20, 2013
  6. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

I use olive oil and spread with the basting brush

Mar 20, 2013
  7. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I use our Kitchen Spritzer.

Mar 20, 2013
  8. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

If you just need to grease- you could use Pam or if the recipe calls for flour too, Bakers Choice.

Mar 21, 2013
  9. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

I would use vegetable or canola oil for baking. Don't want the flavor of olive oil unless making a savory recipe. I brush the sides and bottom using the chef's silicone basting brush. Neater than the kitchen spritzer. I find that Pam will cause the pan to get sticky after a few uses.

Mar 25, 2013
  10. tjbussey

tjbussey Gold Member

I also had trouble with my brownies coming out like little bricks. I decreased temp by 25 degrees and baked for less time (you have to keep an eye on them) then remove brownies to cooling rack immediately when done. I use coconut oil applied with the silicone brush for not only greasing the pan but also in the recipe. The coconut oil adds a nice flavor, you won't go back once you try it!

Mar 25, 2013
    byrd1956 likes this.
  11. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

My regular brownies (using a regular mix) are in the oven now ... 15 minutes was way too short on time because they are complete liquid in the center so now I'm doing them for 20. I stirred in half a cup of extra chocolate chips.

I have this ultimate cookie brownie mix from Aldi ... anybody know the correct bake time for these?

Have something to add?