1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Brownie Mix

1. I was just wondering if you can make a box of brownies in the small bar pan or is it to small. I am craving brownies but want to try a stone but don't have the square baker.

Oct 21, 2005
  2. pcjulie

pcjulie Member

Perfect Brownies!

When I make a 9x13 pan of brownies I use the Medium Bar Pan. If you have a mix for a smaler pan, I think you can use the Small Bar Pan. They just may be a little thicker than the normal pan. Good luck!

Julie Myers
    Independent Kitchen Consultant

Oct 21, 2005
  3. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Brownies in the Bar Pan(s)

We make lots of brownies:
    Quantity 2 of the 9x13 sized boxes - I use the stoneware bar pan
    Quantity 1 of the 9x13 sized boxes - I use the medium bar pan
    Quantity 1 of small bags - I use the small bar pan
    Quantity 2 of the small bags - I use the medium bar pan

On one of our recent CD's, it says:
    Quantity 1 of the 9x13 - stoneware bar pan
    Quantity 1 of the standard size - medium bar pan
    Quantity 1 of the snack size - small bar pan (makes 6)

I've never even seen a snack size mix and who would only want 6 brownies? We usually make the Qty 2 of 9x13 and it still only lasts a couple of days!

Oct 21, 2005
  4. jenniann

jenniann Member

I make brownies in the small bar pan all the time. 1 8x8 pan mix works perfectly. the best gooey brownies you will ever eat!

Oct 21, 2005
  5. chefmama

chefmama Guest

I've made

brownies in the small bar pan with the regular mix. I have 2 small bar pans and just poured half of the batter in each. They came out great!

Yummy brownies.... :)

Oct 21, 2005
  6. Great!!

Thanks everyone! I will give it a try.

Oct 21, 2005
  7. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

On the use and care card there is a recipe for brownies in the pan, but I have yet to find the size box brownies around my small town area, someone I think in cluster told me that Jiffy makes the size it calls for but it isn't in my grocery store here or the next town's walmart, so I am out of luck, I just made it kinda like it said on the card and only put part of the mix in at a time with a regular sized box.

Oct 21, 2005
  8. ChefLaurel

ChefLaurel Member

Small bar pan brownies

I just got my small bar pan today! (mom of a 2yo -I am about to be in chicken nugget and mini pizza heaven!) I noticed that the spanish recipie on the care card has a full recipe for brownies in small bar pan size- rather than using the mix. I can read about enough spanish to get the gist of it, but I wouldn't want to post it, for fear I got the translation wrong. Perhaps someone with a little better language skills than I (I once gave a taxi driver directions in Cuba and ended up an hour away from my destination - and I was so sure I had all my spanish correct!) would want to post the recipe - then we wouldn't have to look for the mix!

Just a thought... :)

Oct 22, 2005
  9. pcbrandy

pcbrandy Member

Easiest Fudge Brownies

That is the recipe that I have received with my small bar pan. It doesn't have it in spanish on mine. It also calls for the brownie mix 9oz package.

Oct 23, 2005
Have something to add?