• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Brownie Recipe for Ice Cream Sandwiches in Large Bar Pan

of Williamsburg, VAI use one package of the Jiffy mix for the small bar pan and it works great! I've also tried using the Good For You Cookbook and it fits great in the Stoneware bar pan!
wendleispampered
Gold Member
What size package of brownies do I make in the large bar pan?? I'm making them for ice cream sandwiches.

I have always used a double batch of 9X13 brownies in the original Stoneware Bar Pan. Oh they are so yummy, people can't believe they came from a box!! :D

I use one box of brownie mix in my medium bar pan and they come out very good! :D They are not thin and not too fat either!

They are great!I use 2 brownie mixes and I put half the batter down, then put two chocolate bars down (big symthony bars). Then I put the rest of the batter down. They are the best brownies on earth. My husband loves them and so does my mom. I use 1 for the medium bar pan and a jiffy mix for the small one. Hope you try this out! :)

I use one package for the medium bar pan as well. I haven't tried them yet in the larger bar pan yet. I won't make them in the glass 9x13 ever again!! They come out perfect in the bar pan. I remember the days where it was a fight to get the the middle pieces first. No one ever wanted the outter pieces because they were harder...forget the corner pieces!!! HAHAHA!! Anytime someone asks what to use the bar pan for, I always tell that story! :)

deb313 said:
I use 2 brownie mixes and I put half the batter down, then put two chocolate bars down (big symthony bars). Then I put the rest of the batter down. They are the best brownies on earth. My husband loves them and so does my mom. I use 1 for the medium bar pan and a jiffy mix for the small one. Hope you try this out! :)

Ok...I'm going out to buy 2 BIG chocolate bars and try this. This sounds AWESOME!!

Me Too!!I'm going to try also. I'm going to use the Symphony bars with Almonds and Toffee. I'll let everyone know how they come out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Debbie :)

Use only one brownie mix in large bar pan for ice cream sandwiches
wendleispampered said:
What size package of brownies do I make in the large bar pan?? I'm making them for ice cream sandwiches.

I use one box of brownies in the large bar pan and have never used two boxes as others have in this thread - sounds yummy though - thicker and that chocolate bar idea!!! But back to the ice cream sandwiches. Even with ONE box of brownie mix it makes very thick brownies for the ice cream sandwiches but they are wonderful especially with coffee ice cream! If you do a brownie mix on the large round stone (be sure to put parchment paper under it so the brownie doesn't seep all over your oven) they are just a little thinner for the sandwiches.

Jiffy Brownie Mix???For those of you that mentioned 1 box of Jiffy mix for the small bar pan, where do you find it??? I have looked at my local Price Chopper grocery store, but they only sell the muffin mix. Any ideas?? :cool:

Thanks in advance!

Brownies with Symphony BarsI do a a 9x13 box in the Square Baker with 2 Almond Toffee Symphony Bars between the two layers of batter. The Candy Bars Fit perfectly. Do this only if you like your brownies very fudgy and chocolatey. Yummy!

chefmama said:
For those of you that mentioned 1 box of Jiffy mix for the small bar pan, where do you find it??? I have looked at my local Price Chopper grocery store, but they only sell the muffin mix. Any ideas?? :cool:

Thanks in advance!
Jiffy mixes are 1/2 size of regular cake mixes. They are hard to find in our area - the only ones I find are the yellow cake. When a recipe calls for the smaller size I either divide the larger one and ziplock half or make 2 of the recipe and freeze one or feed it to my family. If the recipe says chocolate I have used the yellow cake and added cocoa.

I use the "Good FOr you Cookbook"brownie recipe - it fits great in the Stoneware bar pan!

Esther

1. Can I use any type of brownie mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of brownie mix for this recipe. Just follow the instructions on the box to make the brownies and then follow the instructions for assembling the ice cream sandwiches.

2. Can I substitute different types of ice cream for the vanilla ice cream in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of ice cream that you prefer. Just make sure to let the ice cream soften slightly before spreading it onto the brownies.

3. How long will these ice cream sandwiches last in the freezer?

If stored in an airtight container, these ice cream sandwiches can last for up to 1 week in the freezer. Just make sure to let them thaw for a few minutes before serving.

4. Can I cut these brownies into smaller squares for bite-sized ice cream sandwiches?

Yes, you can cut the brownies into smaller squares if you prefer. Just adjust the amount of ice cream you use to fit the smaller size and make sure to cut the brownies evenly for a neat presentation.

5. Can I make these ice cream sandwiches ahead of time for a party?

Yes, you can make these ice cream sandwiches ahead of time for a party. Just make sure to keep them in the freezer until ready to serve and take them out a few minutes before serving to allow them to soften slightly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
scottcooks