• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get a Badge with a Brownie Troop: Ideas & Advice

In summary, the conversation is about using cooking demonstrations to help Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops earn badges. Some suggestions include contacting local scout organizations, doing a cooking demo with the troop, and incorporating Tupperware products into the activities. The conversation also mentions the possibility of reaching out to Boy Scout troops for similar opportunities.
beepampered
Has anyone ever worked with a Brownie troop to get a badge? I could probably get at least one troop to consider such a thing but don't know where to begin. Any suggestions would be appreciated....BEE

cooking badgeyes .,
my Christina was in Brownies last year but I was a halper . Mybe you can contact the girl scout cons in your area to find the troops ,or just go to the local elemenery schools and ask to do a cooking demo and the do a small cooking demo with the troop . Bring all the kid friendly tools and( Catalogs for the MOMS ) You will probable get orders, Fundrasers, amd maybe a booking or two....
Doreen Zaino [email protected]

Great IdeaWhat a great idea! My PC New Year's Resolution is to be more pro-active but yet think outside of the box, and although I have thought about contacting Brownie Groups for Fund Raisers, I hadn't thought about badges!
Will put some thought into that and see if I can't put a letter together - unless one of you girls has done that first - why re-invent the wheel!

Yvonne

My neighbor's daughter is in a troop and she thinks they would be receptive to the idea but I don't know how the badge system works and I haven't done a kid's cooking show before. Since they're in the midst of selling cookies, perhaps it's time for them to make their own cookies as well. Look forward to a letter...BEE

BrowniesWhen we did the badge we put to gether a mexican taco some of the girls cut uo the vegtables some is an easy pudding dessert, some set the table . Now you can use all of the SA for the chesse, toppings hot pads .ect ( the MOMS will see how Great it looks , and want it) and the girls are working on there COOKING badge . You are killing two birds with one stone . They are getting what they want and you are gettiong your name out there., and maybe bookings, ect.....
I'm not sure about boyscouts but they may have a cooking badge too if not the leaders are always looking for stuff to do at meeting and teaching boys to cook is a good thing
Good luck Doreen Zaino [email protected]

Scouting Tools
chef131doreen said:
I'm not sure about boyscouts but they may have a cooking badge too if not the leaders are always looking for stuff to do at meeting and teaching boys to cook is a good thing. Good luck Doreen Zaino
Yes, they can get a badge for cooking, campouts, and lots of other opportunities that you can incorporate our tools in to. Break out those BBQ tools for the upcoming campouts, my-safe cutter, the tool turn about for first-aid, picnicware, etc., twixit clips for the leftovers, quickstir pitchers for mixing their batters, the new skewers, etc.
Here's a link for badge info: http://www.meritbadge.com/mb/

Last edited:

1. How can I get a badge with a Brownie Troop?

To earn a badge with your Brownie Troop, you can choose from various activities and projects related to the specific badge you are working on. You can also collaborate with your troop leader and fellow Brownies to come up with fun and creative ways to complete the badge requirements.

2. What are some ideas for earning a badge with a Brownie Troop?

Some ideas for earning a badge with a Brownie Troop include learning about a new skill or hobby, volunteering in the community, or completing a service project. You can also explore different cultures, try new foods, or participate in outdoor activities to earn a badge.

3. How long does it take to earn a badge with a Brownie Troop?

The time it takes to earn a badge with a Brownie Troop can vary depending on the badge requirements and the pace of your troop. Some badges may take a few meetings to complete, while others may take several weeks. It is important to plan ahead and set a timeline to ensure the badge is completed in a timely manner.

4. Can parents or volunteers help with earning a badge with a Brownie Troop?

Yes, parents and volunteers can play an important role in helping Brownies earn a badge. They can assist with planning and organizing activities, providing resources and materials, and supervising the girls during badge activities. However, it is important for the girls to take the lead and actively participate in earning the badge.

5. What is the benefit of earning a badge with a Brownie Troop?

Earning a badge with a Brownie Troop not only helps girls develop new skills and interests, but it also promotes teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving. It is a fun and rewarding way for girls to learn and grow together while building confidence and self-esteem.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Maragib
  • Chef Kearns