1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Brownie Badge

1. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

Has anyone ever worked with a Brownie troop to get a badge? I could probably get at least one troop to consider such a thing but don't know where to begin. Any suggestions would be appreciated....BEE

Jan 9, 2006
  2. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

cooking badge

yes .,
    my Christina was in Brownies last year but I was a halper . Mybe you can contact the girl scout cons in your area to find the troops ,or just go to the local elemenery schools and ask to do a cooking demo and the do a small cooking demo with the troop . Bring all the kid friendly tools and( Catalogs for the MOMS ) You will probable get orders, Fundrasers, amd maybe a booking or two....
    Doreen Zaino pdzaino4@aol.con

3. Yvonne

Yvonne Member

Great Idea

What a great idea! My PC New Year's Resolution is to be more pro-active but yet think outside of the box, and although I have thought about contacting Brownie Groups for Fund Raisers, I hadn't thought about badges!
    Will put some thought into that and see if I can't put a letter together - unless one of you girls has done that first - why re-invent the wheel!

Yvonne

Jan 9, 2006
  4. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

My neighbor's daughter is in a troop and she thinks they would be receptive to the idea but I don't know how the badge system works and I haven't done a kid's cooking show before. Since they're in the midst of selling cookies, perhaps it's time for them to make their own cookies as well. Look forward to a letter...BEE

Jan 9, 2006
  5. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Veteran Member Gold Member

Brownies

When we did the badge we put to gether a mexican taco some of the girls cut uo the vegtables some is an easy pudding dessert, some set the table . Now you can use all of the SA for the chesse, toppings hot pads .ect ( the MOMS will see how Great it looks , and want it) and the girls are working on there COOKING badge . You are killing two birds with one stone . They are getting what they want and you are gettiong your name out there., and maybe bookings, ect.....
    I'm not sure about boyscouts but they may have a cooking badge too if not the leaders are always looking for stuff to do at meeting and teaching boys to cook is a good thing
    Good luck Doreen Zaino pdzaino4@aol.com

6. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Scouting Tools

Yes, they can get a badge for cooking, campouts, and lots of other opportunities that you can incorporate our tools in to. Break out those BBQ tools for the upcoming campouts, my-safe cutter, the tool turn about for first-aid, picnicware, etc., twixit clips for the leftovers, quickstir pitchers for mixing their batters, the new skewers, etc.
    Here's a link for badge info: http://www.meritbadge.com/mb/

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
    Jan 10, 2006
Have something to add?