• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Praying for a Quick Fix: Stove Not Working Before Cookie Exchange

In summary, Jill's stove broke and she is going to Home Depot to get a new one. She is also looking for a quick recipe to make with her new stove.
jkinak
I came home from work tonight to find that our stove is not working!!! :yuck: UGH!! I've got my annual cookie exchange on Sunday and guess who hasn't made her peppermint fudge cookies yet! I'm off to Home Depot in the morning and am praying that they can deliver a new one by Saturday. :angel:

Same thing happened 10 years ago when the inlaws were visiting for Christmas. MIL and I were going to make cookies and the stove/oven decided to break down. Luckily we were able to get one on SALE and delivered within two days.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!! :chef:

That's a huge bummer!!If you can't get it delivered by then make Oreo balls. They don't require cooking :)

depending on if it gas or electric you could bring it home your delf if you have a truck... if you didn't have any other options..

Oreo Balls?? Jolene, please tell me more!!!! I'm afraid I might have to plan B it!!!

Do the Cranberry Bark! If you have a microwave, you can melt the almond bark, and it is a quick 5 minute recipe!!!!

Jill, sorry about your stove. I just went through that before Thanksgiving. We had a new one delivered the day before Thanksgiving. That was cutting it close! I went to Home Depot on Monday and they delivered it on Wednesday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works out for you, too!

Kraft Easy Oreo Truffles

1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

MIX 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls.

DIP balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover melted chocolate can be stored in tightly covered container at room temperature and saved for another use.) Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

How to Easily Dip Truffles
To easily coat truffles with the melted chocolate, add truffles, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Then use two forks to roll truffles in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove the truffles with forks and allow excess chocolate to drip back into bowl before placing truffles on prepared baking sheet.
Special Extra
Sprinkle truffles with colored sugar or sprinkles in addition to or in place of the cookie crumbs.
How to Soften Cream Cheese
Place completely unwrapped package of cream cheese in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 10 sec. or just until softened. Add 15 sec. for each additional package of cream cheese.

You can write off 20% of your new stove purchase for your taxes sinc eyou are a PC consultant!! :D

My stove burnt up 9 months after I signed up and had to get a new one and I asked my accountant if that was at all tax deductible and he said 20% since I am a chef. Check with your accountant to be sure, but I haven't been audited by the IRS and he's been my accountant for over 10 years. :)

Best of luck to you! I would show off the Cranberry crucnh bark. All it requires is a microwave and a freezer. The rice cooker is a huge seller for me when I do that recipe.

Man, you guys are awesome!!! No bake recipes and a tax deduction!!! I'm headed to Home Depot on my lunch hour and I will hope for the best.

Sorry to hear about your stove -- mine also started dying on me before T-giving -- took twice as long to cook the turkey to take to my son's house. My new one was delivered the following week.Good to know about writing 20% off! Cool beans.

ragschef said:
You can write off 20% of your new stove purchase for your taxes sinc eyou are a PC consultant!! :D

My stove burnt up 9 months after I signed up and had to get a new one and I asked my accountant if that was at all tax deductible and he said 20% since I am a chef. Check with your accountant to be sure, but I haven't been audited by the IRS and he's been my accountant for over 10 years. :)

Best of luck to you! I would show off the Cranberry crucnh bark. All it requires is a microwave and a freezer. The rice cooker is a huge seller for me when I do that recipe.

Or by here a Microwave and 5 minutes outside! I did that last night. Didn't have time to freeze a stone so I put parchment paper on a sheet pan, poured it on there and set it outside for 5 minutes. Set up just perfectly! :)

janetupnorth said:
Or by here a Microwave and 5 minutes outside! I did that last night. Didn't have time to freeze a stone so I put parchment paper on a sheet pan, poured it on there and set it outside for 5 minutes. Set up just perfectly! :)

Janet, that is an inventive way to take advantage of the weather!!

janetupnorth said:

haha! I did this last night too! I was making fudge that needed to be in the freezer to set. Didn't feel like moving stuff around in the freezer so just put it out on the driveway :)

I'm making the oreo truffles and the bark tonight! yippy! can't wait to taste them!

janetupnorth said:

Mine would have the added roughage of cat hair. They inspect everything that goes outside.

raebates said:
Mine would have the added roughage of cat hair. They inspect everything that goes outside.

Around here all the critters are either hibernating or staying inside where it is warm!

Good news, picked out a new stove on my lunch hour and it will be delivered tomorrow! Thanks for all the no-bake ideas, I still might do one of them to go with my peppermint fudge cookies!

Enjoy your new stove!! Happy Holidays.

Update on new stove.....Well, they delivered it at 8 am this morning and it is BEAUTIFUL!! Problem is....it doesn't work! Apparently I need to have an electrician look at my outlet because our power outage on Thursday must have done something to the wiring. UGH!!
Oh well, Merry Christmas to me with a new stove and I've got plenty of no-bake recipes thanks to all of you!

Oh no! That's too bad, well at least you got a new stove out of it. The truffle balls are so fun and easy to make. I use the mix n chop to crush up the oreos. I use white almond bark when dipping them (actually I don't dip, I pour a small amount over) and a little vanilla in the recipe.

So, did your old stove actually work and it was the wiring and you THOUGHT it was the old stove?!?!?!

So, did your old stove actually work and it was the wiring and you THOUGHT it was the old stove?!?!?!

That would be a big fat YES!!!

But the story gets better and has a happy ending......after the delivery men left I put a load of laundry in the dryer and NO HEAT!!! I managed to not stress over the stove, but now I was nearing the edge! So my husband and I figured we would have to wait for Monday to call an electrician and I went out to run my errands. When I got back, who was in the alley looking at the power poles/wires but a man from the electric company! Apparently when they were doing some maintenance on Wednesday they did not hook back up right and our neighbor was having the same problem. (obviously, my neighbor is smarter than us and did not run right out and buy all new appliances!!!)
So here we are-everything is working the way it should and I have a beautiful new stove. Now THAT'S a happy ending!

Thanks to all of you for listening!

Are you able to give your old stove to someone who needs it rather than the trash?

they took it away when they brought the new one. Good question-I will call Sears right away and let them know there's nothing wrong with it. Thanks Janet!

jkinak said:
they took it away when they brought the new one. Good question-I will call Sears right away and let them know there's nothing wrong with it. Thanks Janet!

No problem - hopefully they are willing to let you give it away and make someone's Christmas much better.

1. Why isn't my stove turning on before the cookie exchange?

There could be several reasons why your stove isn't turning on. First, make sure the stove is plugged in and the outlet is working. Then, check the circuit breaker or fuse box to see if the stove has tripped a circuit. If these solutions don't work, it's best to contact a professional for further assistance.

2. Can I fix my stove myself?

It depends on the issue with your stove. If it's a simple fix like a blown fuse or a loose wire, you may be able to fix it yourself. However, if you're unsure or uncomfortable with electrical work, it's best to call a professional for safety reasons.

3. How long will it take to get my stove fixed?

The time it takes to fix your stove will depend on the issue and the availability of parts. In some cases, it may be a quick fix and your stove will be up and running in no time. However, if parts need to be ordered, it may take a few days for them to arrive and for the repair to be completed.

4. Is it safe to use my stove after it's been fixed?

Yes, as long as a professional has fixed the issue and deemed it safe to use. We always recommend following the manufacturer's instructions and using caution when operating any appliance.

5. How can I prevent my stove from breaking down again?

Regular maintenance and cleaning are key to preventing stove malfunctions. Make sure to clean your stove regularly and have it serviced by a professional at least once a year. Also, avoid overloading the stove and using it for purposes it's not intended for.

Back