• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacement Hope for Broken Bar Pan on Granite Countertop

In summary, a friend's husband broke her large bar pan on their granite counter top and she is wondering if there is any hope of getting it replaced. She has already disposed of the pieces and is unsure if it falls under the guarantee. The speaker suggests calling HO and explaining the situation to see if a replacement can be obtained with proof of purchase. They also mention a similar experience with a batter bowl exploding and being replaced by HO. The speaker reassures that even if the request is denied, there is no harm in trying. They also mention that they have a spare piece of the bar pan if needed.
momnixon
I have a friend whose husband broke her large bar pan on their granite counter top. She bought it last June (08) and I'm guessing she's already disposed of the pieces. Is there ANY hope of this getting replaced? I'm guessing this doesn't fall under the guarantee and that because I think she's thrown out the pieces she can't send it back... I can ask her if she has the pieces, but she didn't know there was any kind of guarantee, so why would she keep them?

I know stoneware is on special this month (sept), and I'm trying to talk her into hosting a party anyway - so she could get one for like $12! but i'm sure she'd love to get other stoneware on sale too.

Anyway, I'm new so I don't even know how to go about looking into this... should I just assume we can't do much about it?

Thanks!

You know what they say when you 'assume'.. :D No, I'd call HO and tell them that your customer broke her stone, and that she didn't realize there was a guarantee so she threw the pieces away. Typically, they want a palm size piece back...so they'll have to tell you what to do...But likely, with the proof-of purchase, she'll probably get a replacement for it. I had a customer who's batter bowl exploded in the microwave (yes- I said exploded!). I told HO that she obviously threw everything away because it wasn't safe to keep...they sent her a new one no question asked.It shouldn't have shattered just by getting put ont he counter unless he slammed it. I've got granite counters and I've bonked them a few times. Probably there was a hairline crack in it that had weakened it. The worst they can tell you is 'NO"...and you'd be no worse off than you are now, right? But I'd expect they'd replace it.Call them today- they are open I think still on Saturday.

If you need a piece of one, let me know.........I've got half a bar pan sitting on my counter waiting for hubby to break it smaller for me to send back for a friend, who I've given her a spare I had here.

Let me know and I'll tell him to break it while I'm at my show tomorrow and I can put it in mail to you on Monday.

Lisa

esavvymom said:
You know what they say when you 'assume'.. :D No, I'd call HO and tell them that your customer broke her stone, and that she didn't realize there was a guarantee so she threw the pieces away. Typically, they want a palm size piece back...so they'll have to tell you what to do...But likely, with the proof-of purchase, she'll probably get a replacement for it.

I had a customer who's batter bowl exploded in the microwave (yes- I said exploded!). I told HO that she obviously threw everything away because it wasn't safe to keep...they sent her a new one no question asked.

It shouldn't have shattered just by getting put ont he counter unless he slammed it. I've got granite counters and I've bonked them a few times. Probably there was a hairline crack in it that had weakened it.

The worst they can tell you is 'NO"...and you'd be no worse off than you are now, right? But I'd expect they'd replace it.

Call them today- they are open I think still on Saturday.

Wow!! I've never heard of a batter bowl exploding

Hey everyone... sorry I'm so slow in responding. Basically I talked to HO and they said that if he broke it by bumping it, they would NOT replace it. But if he took it from a hot oven to a cold counter top and THAT broke it they WOULD replace it, if she had her consultant number and show number. I let her know all that and she hasn't gotten back to me. Lisa, unless I'm totally wrong I don't think a piece is gonna help her at this point, but thanks tons for the offer! :)Thank you all for your help!!!

momnixon said:
Hey everyone... sorry I'm so slow in responding. Basically I talked to HO and they said that if he broke it by bumping it, they would NOT replace it. But if he took it from a hot oven to a cold counter top and THAT broke it they WOULD replace it, if she had her consultant number and show number.

I let her know all that and she hasn't gotten back to me. Lisa, unless I'm totally wrong I don't think a piece is gonna help her at this point, but thanks tons for the offer! :)

Thank you all for your help!!!

That seems like cr** to me or someone at HO who didn't really know what they were talking about.. It's not like he slammed it on the counter or just dropped it on the counter/floor- THAT I can see as saying "NO" to. If there was a crack in the stone, a very simple bump could have been all it took to shatter it. HO would have no way of knowing what caused it to break. I've bonked/bumped/banged my stones several times on my granite counter tops and never had a problem - I don't do this on purpose of course, but when washing and moving them, it sometimes happens. Her stone obviously had a defect that was not visible in order for a simple bump to break it.

Definitely leaving out details that leaves it open to interpretation would be the key in this case...which is sad.

I usually do not get into specifics with the HO when I call to start an adjustment, unless they ask. It's just easier that way!

just a thought - you might have the customer try calling the solution center themselves. I think sometimes, especially if there was a case of mis-use, they are more willing to replace it if the customer calls than when we call on their behalf. I think it might be worth a try!!

Well... I still haven't heard back from her about this - she's kinda got a lot going on, but I think I'll send her another message encouraging her to call HO herself... I think you're right that she may get a better response than I did. Plus she can tell them exactly what happened. Thanks a bunch!

Actually, granite countertops are a problem with stoneware if set directly on it after taking it out of the oven or even within 20 minutes of doing so. Stoneware stays "hot" for up to 20 minutes or slightly more after removing from the oven. That is why it is so good to serve in. However, if you place your hand on the granite, then the stone, you will see that the granite is WAY colder. That drastic change in temperature is usually what causes stoneware to crack. I baked a foil packet on my round stone by placing the packet on the stone then placed it in the oven and then preheated the oven. I sort of goofed here not realizing that as soon as I opened the oven door, the foil would cool quite a bit. Well, as I opened the oven door and the cool air hit the foil, I actually watched as the stone cracked right down the middle where the foil packet was sitting. No kidding!
Oh and I never tell HO more than they ask me about either. To many details can ruin your customers confidence in you. Get the drift?
What HO don't know, won't hurt me!

What is the best way to prevent my bar pan from breaking on a granite countertop?

The best way to prevent your bar pan from breaking on a granite countertop is to always use a trivet or hot pad underneath the pan. This will create a barrier between the hot pan and the cold countertop, reducing the risk of the pan cracking.

Can I still use my broken bar pan on a granite countertop?

No, it is not recommended to use a broken bar pan on a granite countertop. The broken edges can scratch or damage the surface of the countertop, and the uneven surface of the pan may not distribute heat evenly.

Do you offer replacements for broken bar pans?

Yes, we offer a one-time replacement for broken bar pans. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with getting a replacement.

How do I properly care for my bar pan to prevent it from breaking?

To properly care for your bar pan, always hand wash it with warm soapy water and avoid using metal utensils or abrasive sponges. Allow the pan to cool completely before placing it on a granite countertop, and always use a trivet or hot pad underneath it.

If my replacement bar pan also breaks, can I get a refund?

If your replacement bar pan also breaks, please contact our customer service team for further assistance. Refunds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may be provided if the pan is found to be defective.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • Mommy2amo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Yakmama