• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Broken Stoneware Return: Shipping Details and Guidelines

In summary, it seems that you do not need to send back the entire stone if it breaks, you can send a small piece to make sure the stone is fixed,
ivykeep
Gold Member
One of my guests needs to adjust her rectagular stone (it cracked down the middle). I went over with her again how to properly use the stone (she'd been cooking some frozen chicken breasts and it shocked).

She bought the stone at the end of February so is outside the free return shipping within 30 days. She dropped the broken stone off to me to return (which is fine). My question is -- how much of that HEAVY stone, do I need to ship back? I remember seeing somewhere that it was a quarter of the stone, but looking for confirmation (don't want to send back too little, but don't want to get killed on the shipping weight).

Anyone know where on CC it might give this info?

Thanks!!

Call HO and ask, sometimes they just want a small pce back.

Thanks -- they will now call be back between 28 and 35 minutes from now :)

I had to return a piece not to long ago. I broke off a little more of the stone, and shipped back a flat piece, about the size of a cd/my hand...so that it would fit in the smaller (cd size?) padded envelope. (and just wrapped a few paper towels around it as well)

I've had HO tell me to not even worry about it and that I didn't have to send back anything. Just sent out a new pce. of stoneware:)

ivykeep said:
Thanks -- they will now call be back between 28 and 35 minutes from now :)

ARRGH! They called me back and then they disconnected as the call transfered... so now I have to wait over 38 minutes for another call back !! :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

I had an email from a hostess when I got home a little while ago that the handle on her DCB broke. I entered an adjustment, expecting to have to return a piece, and it told me not to return anything. I thought that was weird! It's a 65 dollar piece...you'd think that they would want some proof! Oh well, easier for the hostess! I had emailed her that I would take care of it and get back to her with what she would need to send them before I did the adjustment. Afterward, I happily emailed that she would just get a new one, which is nice since this hostess spent 700 dollars above her freebies on her show in February!

I am not sure who/what decides who has to send a piece back and who doesn't, but when I do send some back I have been asked for a palm-sized piece.

I just did a product adjustment on a broken stone and I have to send it back, shucks. Well the customer has to send it back anyways.

Still....only send a palm size piece. It's way too much in shipping to send the whole thing!

KellyTheChef said:
Still....only send a palm size piece. It's way too much in shipping to send the whole thing!

Ok, thanks.

okay, new still but just got a call that one of my first customers rectangular baker was broken. How do I do a product adjustment?

log in to www.pamperedchef.com. Enter your consultant number and password and this will take your to Consultant's Corner. In the lower right side of the screen there is a link for "Product Adjustment" Follow the directions on the screen to do the product adjustment.

ivykeep said:
log in to www.pamperedchef.com. Enter your consultant number and password and this will take your to Consultant's Corner. In the lower right side of the screen there is a link for "Product Adjustment" Follow the directions on the screen to do the product adjustment.

Thank-you! Simple enough, now I just have to find packaging to send the stone piece back. Hope shipping isn't too outrageous. Even a small piece is relatively heavy.(lol)

break the stone again, you only need to send back a piece the size of your palm. Put it in a paper bag, take it in to the garage and hit it with a hammer

Instead of calling HO I would handle the adjustment through Consultant's Corner online ~ they will tell you whether to return or not. Although I've never had to return broken stoneware!

I did have to return the stoneware that broke when I started this thread. It seems to be a random sampling of stoneware on what you return and what you don't.

I did have a big run around with HO about what I needed to send back -- heard three different responses from three different people. The first person I talked to was clearly reading from a manual and not listenting to my question -- she asked me how the stone broke and was INSISTANT that for safety reasons I couldn't break it any more and had to send in 1/2 of the stone (since it broke in half). The second person I talked to said I needed to send in the whole thing so they knew what type of stone it was (and presumably so my customer couldn't hook up with another customer with the same stoneware product and report theirs as broken too just to get a new and second piece of stoneware). He said they needed the whole thing back because of abuse. I had also sent an email asking the question while waiting for the second return phone call and the email stated the palm size piece. Since I had that in writing (and it was the least expensive option), that's what I went with. The email writer had some seniority and was apologetic about the phone issues I'd had.

Keep in mind - there is no such thing as a cracked stone - THEY ARE all broken:D ~~ in very small pieces...

I am soooo frustrated. I did the adjustment for my customer's rectangular stone. I even paid the shipping to send back the piece $5+ w/delivery confirmation they suggest. Tracked it at work and saw that it was delivered today so I told cust that I'd bring over her replacement this evening.
Unfortunately I can't do that as they sent a fluted pan instead of the baker, packing slip was correct just the wrong item. Now I have to call and tell my cust it's going to be awhile longer. Wouldn't be so bad but this lady had to wait over 2 weeks for the original delivery from HO and now she's been without her stone this 2 weeks. And it looks like it's going to be yet another 2 weeks to get this fixed. ARGH!!!

Ok- so HO solution center told me just last night to send a palm size piece of stoneware back. So I have 2 returns- one is already broken into pieces while the other is still a large stone with a crack- should I just recommend to her to go and break it and only send a palm size piece in? We discussed this earlier and I told her it was up to her- but to not hurt herself doing it. Any suggestions on the easiest way to break a stone?

And- I am getting a return packing slip for a 30 day return any day now to send a cracked stone back. Could I throw the other 2 in with that to save on shipping those 2 back? The First 2 above have the same reference number since I called on both of them at the same time. Or do I have to ship them separately at the customer's expense?

To break stones into smaller pieces I usually do it in my driveway. It will shatter and the fragments can get in your skin without you knowing. Under the circumstances, I think I would include both in the same envelope - just be sure you write both reference numbers on the outside of the package and include both receipts on the inside.

Don't forget you could send them back in a "flat rate" envelope. That way it doesn't matter how much it weighs. I had a guest who's chopper was cracked and they didn't have to send it back, but I cracked the handle of my ult. mand. and I have to send back.

lkspeir said:
To break stones into smaller pieces I usually do it in my driveway. It will shatter and the fragments can get in your skin without you knowing.

Put the stone in a bag (paper or cloth is best) and either drop it on the driveway or sidewalk or hit it with a hammer.

lkspeir said:
To break stones into smaller pieces I usually do it in my driveway. It will shatter and the fragments can get in your skin without you knowing.

Under the circumstances, I think I would include both in the same envelope - just be sure you write both reference numbers on the outside of the package and include both receipts on the inside.

Ok- I just want to clarify that you understood what I was saying before I do this- not that I don't believe you, but I guess I want to make sure what I said made sense...

I have a total of 3 things to return:

The first is a 30 day return on a medium bar pan- so they're mailing me a packing slip for it so I can mail it back.

The second is an already shattered deep dish baker. Shipping will have to be paid for this one.

The third is a cracked large stone. Shipping will also have to be paid for this one.

I am still awaiting the shipping sticker for the first one. But when I do get it and the new stone, it's legit to throw all 3 in the same box with the PC paid shipping sticker and 3 receipts/reference numbers?

Or do I need to send only the medium bar pan with the pC paid sticker and send the other 2 in a flat rate envelope with paid shipping by the host?

1. Can I return broken stoneware to Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a lifetime guarantee on its stoneware products. This means that if your stoneware breaks or cracks during normal use, you can return it for a replacement or refund.

2. How do I return broken stoneware to Pampered Chef?

To return broken stoneware, simply contact Pampered Chef's customer service team at 1-800-266-5562. They will provide you with instructions on how to return the item and receive a replacement or refund.

3. Do I need to provide proof of purchase when returning broken stoneware?

No, you do not need to provide proof of purchase when returning broken stoneware. Pampered Chef's lifetime guarantee applies to all of their stoneware products, regardless of when or where it was purchased.

4. Can I return a broken stoneware item if I received it as a gift?

Yes, you can return a broken stoneware item even if it was given to you as a gift. Pampered Chef's lifetime guarantee applies to the original purchaser, as well as anyone who received the item as a gift.

5. What if my stoneware breaks due to misuse or accidental damage?

Pampered Chef's lifetime guarantee does not cover stoneware that breaks due to misuse or accidental damage. However, they do offer a one-year warranty for these types of issues. Contact customer service for more information on how to receive a replacement or refund for damaged stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • tada
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • jenniferknapp