• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save Money with Broken Stoneware Replacement for PC Warranty

In summary, broken stoneware change refers to the process of repairing or repurposing broken stoneware pottery. It has gained popularity for its focus on sustainability and sentimental value. Any type of stoneware can be used, but some may be more difficult to work with. The difficulty of the process depends on the project and the skill level of the person attempting it. Safety precautions should be taken when handling broken pottery and using certain techniques.
DebPC
Staff member
PC has always wanted a piece from the broken stoneware to replace it under warrenty. To save my customers $$- I always told them to break it into a small piece. When I called PC last week - they now want a palm size piece. Is this new? Or am I behind the curve again?

It's always been a palm-sized piece since I started back in '98.

Interesting- I started in 1990. Guess they must have been taking the small pieces because my guests always go their replacements.
Crazy!

Since 1998, I have always told my customers they need to send it a piece the size of a credit card. Everyone knows the size of a credit card and no issues with HO.... yet.

Yep, I started in '96 and it's always been a palm-sized piece.

I've always heard "palm-sized piece or bigger" too.But FYI, HO discourages us from telling them to break it more, as it can create tiny shards that are like glass. But if they put it in a thick black trash bag & accidentally drop it outside on their sidewalk, and just HAPPEN to come up with a piece small enough to meet the criteria and save them some money shipping ... they might as well take advantage & just mail in the smaller piece. But we can't officially recommend that since they could get hurt trying to break the stone. It would be a liability issue. ;)They definitely need to put it in a bubble envelope or in a box though.

Placing the damaged piece in a brown paper bag and tapping it with a hammer works well, also.

What is broken stoneware change?

Broken stoneware change is a term used to describe the process of repairing or repurposing broken pieces of stoneware pottery. This can include techniques such as mending with glue or creating new objects using the broken pieces.

Why is broken stoneware change popular?

Broken stoneware change has gained popularity in recent years due to its focus on sustainability and reducing waste. It also allows for the preservation of sentimental pieces of pottery that may have been otherwise discarded.

What types of stoneware can be used for broken stoneware change?

Any type of stoneware pottery can be used for broken stoneware change, including dishes, vases, and other decorative items. However, it is important to note that some types of stoneware may be more fragile and difficult to work with than others.

Is broken stoneware change difficult to do?

The difficulty of broken stoneware change depends on the specific project and the level of skill and experience of the person attempting it. Some techniques, such as simple mending with glue, may be relatively easy, while creating new objects with broken pieces may require more advanced skills.

Are there any safety concerns with broken stoneware change?

As with any crafting or DIY project, there are some safety concerns with broken stoneware change. It is important to handle broken pieces of pottery carefully to avoid cuts or other injuries. Additionally, some techniques, such as using power tools, may require protective gear and caution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • emiscookin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Intrepid_Chef