• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Broken Stones - A Common Issue with Pampered Chef Orders?

something... about the broken stones situation soon.I was just thinking that it is probably how they are being treated by FedEx more than it is how they are being packaged.
kspry said:
You're not weird! I love opening boxes of new stuff.
I tell all my customers to open their stuff right away, to make sure it is OK, and if it isn't, PC will pay shipping in the first 30 days. Otherwise they will have to pay shipping. If they know the policy beforehand, they won't be shocked if I say I'm not paying to ship it back.
I agree this will save a lot of headaches. When you're upfront with customers then they are not caught be surprise. This is where big MAC calls are great too. You call your customers and ask them if they got their orders and if they can please make sure everything is in good condition because if anything is wrong that can be fixed w/o having to pay to return it. If they haven't opened the box then you can urge them to pull it out of the box and give them ideas on how to "break it in". They might just be so thrilled with the results they will order more. :)

Hey Kspry- First time I see your picture! I'll have to post my mug on here soon too. :)

Add another round stone with handles to the broken list. Ii made peanut butter cookies w/my cookie press at a show today. I put it in the oven and when I went to take it out, it was broken in half. At least the cookies were still good. I love my cookie press. There were only 4 guests at the show, but 1 bought the cookie press - none bought stones.

I know we have had a lot of stones broken in one particular area of Long Island, NY. I've had a customer say the boxes were thrown on her porch by FedEx. Only one of my customers actually had a stone break and I called to make sure it was taken care of. I beleive it was over the 30 days by the time to host got around to calling me, but HO shipped a new one anyway, free of charge.

With any stone breaking upon 1st use, could it be that food is not evenly distributed? Like with the Brie-That's one cold item right in the middle of the stone which could cause breakage. I wouldn't think it should happen with a dozen cookies though. Now I warn my guests to make sure that if you are doing anything on a stone, make sure the food is evenly distributed. Such as if you are doing a chicken in a baker, potatoes or some other veggies should surround it.
Just a thought. Maybe the brie recipe was not well thought out. The Stoneware Inspirations cookbook features something similar in the Small Baker. It worked out very well.
Jessica

MissChef said:
I have had 3 hosts complain about their boxes! They said it looked like FedEx played kick ball with them! I have received a call from Fed Ex and so did my host, and we both were heavily apologized to. So hopefully the situation will be fixed!
Stones shouldn't be broken as bad lately with the new way they are packing the stone boxes, makes you wonder what the heck they are doing with the boxes!:eek: :rolleyes: :grumpy: :grumpy:

I've received some pretty banged up boxes, too! The corners will be bent in and the whole side looks smashed. So far, nothing broken inside. But still, it seems crazy for the boxes to look so worn after a couple days of shipping.

Like with the Brie-That's one cold item right in the middle of the stone which could cause breakage.

Just an FYI - the recipe calls for the brie to be at room temp.

Thanks! I actually haven't made it yet. Good to know!
Jessica

I think the issue with our shipper is really based on each person's area. I have had virtually no difference with Fed Ex and no major problems with breakage. The only time I've had issues were when PC had their major delays a few months ago and several of the boxes were obviously packed poorly -- by PC!

I sell tons of stones and have had none to replace in the past 3 months. One batter bowl. Just sometimes are worse than others I think.

Hope it settles down for y'all that are having problems!

heh, I just another job delivering stuff. I'll try not to break it.

<h2>1. Why are Pampered Chef orders arriving with broken stones?</h2><p>Unfortunately, broken stones can sometimes occur during shipping due to the fragile nature of the product. We take great care in packaging our items, but sometimes accidents happen during transit.</p><h2>2. Is this a common issue with Pampered Chef orders?</h2><p>While we strive for 100% customer satisfaction, broken stones can happen occasionally. However, we are continuously working to improve our packaging and shipping methods to reduce the occurrence of broken stones in orders.</p><h2>3. What should I do if I receive a broken stone in my Pampered Chef order?</h2><p>If you receive a broken stone, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will be happy to assist you in getting a replacement or a refund for your broken item.</p><h2>4. Have other customers also experienced issues with broken stones in their orders?</h2><p>Yes, unfortunately, some customers have experienced broken stones in their orders. However, we strive to resolve any issues promptly and ensure that our customers are satisfied with their purchases.</p><h2>5. I recently received a seasoning or sprinkle with a broken safety seal. Why did this happen?</h2><p>We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Occasionally, during the packaging process, the safety seal on our seasonings and sprinkles may break. Please contact our customer service team, and we will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.</p>

1. Why are Pampered Chef orders arriving with broken stones?

Unfortunately, broken stones can sometimes occur during shipping due to the fragile nature of the product. We take great care in packaging our items, but sometimes accidents happen during transit.

2. Is this a common issue with Pampered Chef orders?

While we strive for 100% customer satisfaction, broken stones can happen occasionally. However, we are continuously working to improve our packaging and shipping methods to reduce the occurrence of broken stones in orders.

3. What should I do if I receive a broken stone in my Pampered Chef order?

If you receive a broken stone, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will be happy to assist you in getting a replacement or a refund for your broken item.

4. Have other customers also experienced issues with broken stones in their orders?

Yes, unfortunately, some customers have experienced broken stones in their orders. However, we strive to resolve any issues promptly and ensure that our customers are satisfied with their purchases.

5. I recently received a seasoning or sprinkle with a broken safety seal. Why did this happen?

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Occasionally, during the packaging process, the safety seal on our seasonings and sprinkles may break. Please contact our customer service team, and we will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • tada
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • chefsteph07