• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Broken Stones - A Common Issue with Pampered Chef Orders?

something... about the broken stones situation soon.I was just thinking that it is probably how they are being treated by FedEx more than it is how they are being packaged.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
My last few shows have been delivered with several broken stones - is it just me or are the rest of you having issues as well?
Oh - and someone posted recently about seasonings and sprinkles arriving with the safety seal broken? I had one of those this week, as well...

Is it an older-type specialty stone? There was a notice quite a bit back that the packaging was getting changed to cut down on breakage.
Maybe some of the older stock isn't in the new packaging yet?

I had a broken bar pan arrive in spring, but everything else has been OK, and I've sold quite a few of the new round stone with handles.

I just had a host receive a broken lid to the DCB. And a guest recently whose large round stone with handles broke the first time she used it.:( Before that, it's been a LONG time since I've had broken stones.

I had a bar pan that was cracked a few months ago but that has been it thankfully.

pamperedbecky said:
I just had a host receive a broken lid to the DCB. And a guest recently whose large round stone with handles broke the first time she used it.:( Before that, it's been a LONG time since I've had broken stones.

I also had a guest who used her new round stone with handles for the first time and it broke in half:eek:

JaimeQ said:
I also had a guest who used her new round stone with handles for the first time and it broke in half:eek:

Oh, I hope this doesn't happen to me!! I just closed a show that included 5 Round stones with handles!!

i had a customer get the large bar pan and it was broken, then her replacement came and that too was broken. finally she got the 3rd one and it wasn't broken. i have also had a problem with 2 DCB's lids not fitting right, they were wobbly. they were also replaced.

I had a show that had a DCB delivered in a million peices. It was replaced no problem.

About a year ago - I had several rectangluar stones broken when they arrived but lately no problem - knock on wood - I just had 12 boxes delivered today to go through (2 shows) so I am crossing my fingers

~

Just received an order and the glass inside the carafe was shattered to smithereens.

I've had at least 3 stones arrive broken over the last 2 weeks.

I just had a pie stone and a round with handles come broke the last few weeks. I have also had a bunch of missing things this last month. At least my hosts and guests are easy going.

I have a customer that has had to have her large stone with handles replaced twice, because the stones have broke while being shipped. It is so frustrating. HO has replaced them both, I hope the third gets to her in good shape. :)

I've had a lot of issues with broken items lately, I had a host who had a classic batter bowl that was soooooo bad, that glass chards went all over her floor when she opened the box!:eek:
I have had 3 hosts complain about their boxes! They said it looked like FedEx played kick ball with them! I have received a call from Fed Ex and so did my host, and we both were heavily apologized to. So hopefully the situation will be fixed!
Stones shouldn't be broken as bad lately with the new way they are packing the stone boxes, makes you wonder what the heck they are doing with the boxes!:eek: :rolleyes: :grumpy: :grumpy:

I haven't had any broken items (knock on wood) but I have to say that since we've been using FedEx, my boxes come like they've been through a bombing! Since we are planning on moving soon (hopefully) I've been saving my boxes and honestly, I haven't been able to save too many due to the boxes being so damaged. I didn't have that problem with UPS.

finley1991 said:
I haven't had any broken items (knock on wood) but I have to say that since we've been using FedEx, my boxes come like they've been through a bombing! Since we are planning on moving soon (hopefully) I've been saving my boxes and honestly, I haven't been able to save too many due to the boxes being so damaged. I didn't have that problem with UPS.

I was just thinking that it is probably how they are being treated by FedEx more than it is how they are being packaged.

Although, last month they sent microcookers in a box with stones and the Large Microcooker lid was broken in half. That was a packaging issue!

I hope they announce that we are going back to UPS soon!! (I used to work at a UPS Store, so I'm biased)

I received the mini fluted pan a couple of weeks ago and it was broken. I had one DCB arrive broken a couple of months ago.

I had two large bar pans arrive broken. (There were in the new packaging). Both boxes had dents on the outside of the box, in the same place so they were broken at the warehouse.

(This was the same show where the host received a 7 pc executive set instead of the 12" lid she ordered!!)

The HO sent her two new stones...and then the next day sent her TWO more new stones!

Come on! I realize they are starting to gear up for the holidays but we can't rely on our hosts being this honest to report mistakes like this!!!!

DebbieJ said:
Just received an order and the glass inside the carafe was shattered to smithereens.
I've had that happen to two people.....a mother and her daughter from two completely different shows!!

I have noticed that there are more broken items since we switched to FedEx

Not on delivery but I have had a batch of customers like 5 this past year call me to tell me their stones have broken upon use and it's only been 1-3 years old :(.

I just had a show delivered today (my own catty show), and the FedEx guy put it upside down on my porch! It looked like he just slung it up there w/out even trying to be gentle. This particular box had several SA pieces too - go figure! :rolleyes: Luckily nothing was broken!

My large bar pan just broke when I was taking it out of the oven! When I got my kit in September I noticed that it had what looked like a tiny little crack on the handle so I called HO and they replaced it. I've been using the original one (I just was afraid to take it to shows for fear it would break). Of course I just loaned my replacement one to a friend, she's going to order one but is waiting for a show that I'll be submitting later this month. She's trying to keep her husband from going out a buying another stone (their second) from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I'm bummed that it broke tonight but sure glad it didn't happen at a show!

My last two shows that I've submitted have been missing items. One was missing three things (including the charter host gift) and the other was just missing a hold & slice. HO has taken care of both orders so now I have happy customers again.

I haven't had anything arrive broken (or had anyone call to tell me) in awhile, but I agree that the boxes arrive looking horrible!

I did have a customer call me upset today because FedEx is supposed to leave her packages in a certain place so her dogs don't get to it (must be outside dogs). Needless to say they didn't put it in the right place so her dogs got to the box & her food chopper is ruined. Who does she contact about that???? Does FedEx replace it since they didn't put it in the right spot, or does she contact PC???

I miss UPS!

they didn't put it in the right place so her dogs got to the box & her food chopper is ruined. Who does she contact about that???? Does FedEx replace it since they didn't put it in the right spot,

I'd start with FedEx on this one. It's a delivery error, not a factory defect.

kspry said:
I'd start with FedEx on this one. It's a delivery error, not a factory defect.

That's what I figured too.

I get lots of broken stones. Maybe it's because they are travelling so far. In February it seemed like almost every lg bar pan I sold arrived broken or broke after one use:(
My last show's host ordered the 1/2 price combo Dots bowls from the back cover. ALL the bowls were shattered. The lg dots bowl & all four 4 smaller bowls were broken beyond recognition. HO was great about replacing them , but still. It was very disappointing for the host.

DebbieJ said:

I had two of them do that. I finally got one in one piece!

finley1991 said:
but I have to say that since we've been using FedEx, my boxes come like they've been through a bombing! Since we are planning on moving soon (hopefully) I've been saving my boxes and honestly, I haven't been able to save too many due to the boxes being so damaged. I didn't have that problem with UPS.

I agree! I liked UPS much better. I don't think that FedEx is any faster either. I have had some broken stones though with both companies but more with FedEx.

Hate to break the news, but I'm APO so everything is coming USPS Priority and STILL coming broken.

If it's happening to everyone, there may be some bad batches of products. Be aware of the problem, and call every host to make sure things are OK. (I tell mine to open boxes when they're packing bags for their guests and at least give everything the once-over.)

I have had one past host who has now received 3 broken small bar pans. Everytime she gets a replacement it is also broken. It is getting to the point that she doesn't even want it anymore. I don't know what the deal is with them shipping the stones, maybe they need better packaging for them.

I thought they were beefing up the boxes or adding styrofoam or something for the stones so they don't get damaged during shipment?? Did I imagine that announcement???

I just had a large bar pan arrive broken, the new packaging helps, but it doesn't help when they put the box on the bottom of the box with no bubble wrap for added protection.

obviously i am not awake yet, as i thought your posting was titled "broken BONES". LOL

good morning:blushing:

I have had a lot of missing items lately--but not broken. My boxes have been pretty beat up too...

I had a broken muffin stone come broken. The bubble wrap in the box had shifted to one side leaving it unprotected. I think it is probably fedex. I am glad that HO doesn't give us problems replacing these items.

I had a rectangle baker arrive broken last week. Thanks for the tip to open everything and look it over. I would not have thought to do that.

Add one more broken Large Round Stone with Handles to the list! :mad:
My host just called me yesterday and when she put it in the over for the first time, it shattered. She just put a refrigerated pizza on it (not even frozen). She said when it broke it was so loud it rattled the oven door. I'm surprised it didn't do any damage to her oven (besides cheese all over!!) :yuck:

I had the same problem Sunday at an open house. A little embarrassing to open the oven to show off the brie and have my stone split into 4 pieces. Best part is, it is under 30days old, and HO wants me to send it back to them, at my cost.

amyv said:
I had the same problem Sunday at an open house. A little embarrassing to open the oven to show off the brie and have my stone split into 4 pieces. Best part is, it is under 30days old, and HO wants me to send it back to them, at my cost.
Why is that if it's less than 30 days?:confused:

I'm not sure, I have an email into HO but they haven't returned it yet...guess I will have to call today ): Like I have time for that!

I had a customer dirict ship a stone w/ handles. B R O K E N. HQ wanted the customer to wait for a label and then take her package to the post office. i said no. They had fedex pickup I hope HQ sends her a new stone quick.One of my friends had her stone break. I sent in the palm size piece. after weeks she got 2 lids! A chillzane lid and and a batter bowl lid. What?Thankfully she got her stone yesterday. I took almost a month.

It's really annoying because I have been doing the jerk chicken nachos at every show lately, I can use my regular round stone, but I bought the other one to sell it...whatever I guess I should let it go! Bigger problems in the world than my fractured stone!

I just had a customer whose stone arrived chipped and I put in a product adjustment for it. HO is making her pay to send it back for one that is not damaged. REALLY? She didn't break it, it arrived that way... why should she have to pay to send back a heavy stone she didn't damage? If I call HO, do you think they'd either send her a label at their cost or send FedEx for it.

Yes- call HO. If it's within 30 days of the original shipment from the warehouse, they should cover shipping it back (whether that's via label or pick-up).

It's not... the show shipped end of September and she's just now getting around to opening it... Maybe I'm just weird... I open everything on the way back to the house from the mailbox or on the way in the door when FedEx drops it off!

amyv said:
It's really annoying because I have been doing the jerk chicken nachos at every show lately, I can use my regular round stone, but I bought the other one to sell it...whatever I guess I should let it go! Bigger problems in the world than my fractured stone!

I know this is kinda off topic, but I use the Large Bar Pan~it makes more nachos & the little lip helps the nachos from falling off!! The Bar Pan is definately my favorite stone!!:love: :p

sarahlegare said:
I know this is kinda off topic, but I use the Large Bar Pan~it makes more nachos & the little lip helps the nachos from falling off!! The Bar Pan is definately my favorite stone!!:love: :p
This was one of the recipes that a consultant on my team made this weekend and I thought the same thing- that the bar pan would work better. They were delicious, Jean loved them! :)

the show shipped end of September and she's just now getting around to opening it... Maybe I'm just weird...

You're not weird! I love opening boxes of new stuff.
I tell all my customers to open their stuff right away, to make sure it is OK, and if it isn't, PC will pay shipping in the first 30 days. Otherwise they will have to pay shipping. If they know the policy beforehand, they won't be shocked if I say I'm not paying to ship it back.

<h2>1. Why are Pampered Chef orders arriving with broken stones?</h2><p>Unfortunately, broken stones can sometimes occur during shipping due to the fragile nature of the product. We take great care in packaging our items, but sometimes accidents happen during transit.</p><h2>2. Is this a common issue with Pampered Chef orders?</h2><p>While we strive for 100% customer satisfaction, broken stones can happen occasionally. However, we are continuously working to improve our packaging and shipping methods to reduce the occurrence of broken stones in orders.</p><h2>3. What should I do if I receive a broken stone in my Pampered Chef order?</h2><p>If you receive a broken stone, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will be happy to assist you in getting a replacement or a refund for your broken item.</p><h2>4. Have other customers also experienced issues with broken stones in their orders?</h2><p>Yes, unfortunately, some customers have experienced broken stones in their orders. However, we strive to resolve any issues promptly and ensure that our customers are satisfied with their purchases.</p><h2>5. I recently received a seasoning or sprinkle with a broken safety seal. Why did this happen?</h2><p>We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Occasionally, during the packaging process, the safety seal on our seasonings and sprinkles may break. Please contact our customer service team, and we will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.</p>

1. Why are Pampered Chef orders arriving with broken stones?

Unfortunately, broken stones can sometimes occur during shipping due to the fragile nature of the product. We take great care in packaging our items, but sometimes accidents happen during transit.

2. Is this a common issue with Pampered Chef orders?

While we strive for 100% customer satisfaction, broken stones can happen occasionally. However, we are continuously working to improve our packaging and shipping methods to reduce the occurrence of broken stones in orders.

3. What should I do if I receive a broken stone in my Pampered Chef order?

If you receive a broken stone, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will be happy to assist you in getting a replacement or a refund for your broken item.

4. Have other customers also experienced issues with broken stones in their orders?

Yes, unfortunately, some customers have experienced broken stones in their orders. However, we strive to resolve any issues promptly and ensure that our customers are satisfied with their purchases.

5. I recently received a seasoning or sprinkle with a broken safety seal. Why did this happen?

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Occasionally, during the packaging process, the safety seal on our seasonings and sprinkles may break. Please contact our customer service team, and we will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • tada
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • chefsteph07