• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with Round Stone? Hear About Our Experience!

In summary, some customers have received broken stones and HO pays for the shipping back to the company. After that, the customer is responsible for the shipping.
ChefZee
So my last show in February (during the stoneware month) I had 3 guests and my host buy the Large Round Stone, my hosts stone came damaged, one of my guests stone came damaged, and now one guest that received an OK stone, it broke after she made biscuits on it. I did all my product adjustments, but I'm getting a little frustrated with having to do so many product adjustments. It's especially difficult having to email back and forth since I'm overseas.

OK rant over. Anyone else having issue with the round stone this month?

I would make sure that the fourth person check her stone over and USE it right away to make sure it is not also defective. I haven't heard of any issues. It's possible that they were damaged in shipping. I know that orders are all sent directly to each customer for over seas and not in one shipment but perhaps it was an unusually rough ride over.

It's also possible it was a "bad batch" during manufacturing. For the most part they are great.

Call. The only way they know there is an issue is if you call. Make sure they know the items are delivered broken or are breaking with the first use.

just had 2 lg round stones come with broken handles to a host of mine. both in same box. And the box was pretty beat up. I had a rather big show shipped to me last week and 2 of the boxes were in pretty bad shape. Nothing broken in those

We all know FedEx (or any carrier) isn't known for being careful- regardless of whether the box has FRAGILE plastered all over it or not.

I still think the drivers believe that Fragile, pronounced "fra-gee-ly" is a country in Brazil and not something breakable. I too had two boxes delivered to me a week ago and both where kinda banged up. I got lucky though as nothing was broken. Including two of the DCBs!

pampered1224 said:
I still think the drivers believe that Fragile, pronounced "fra-gee-ly" is a country in Brazil and not something breakable. I too had two boxes delivered to me a week ago and both where kinda banged up. I got lucky though as nothing was broken. Including two of the DCBs!

Heehee. That made me giggle! The military mail system is the worst too. They must play football with the boxes or something. "Oh, Pampered Chef?" *punt* "SCORE!!!"

I had a host receive her DCB broken.

I had to do 3 stoneware adjustments from a Feb show too. We had weird weather that month and some deliveries were held for a day or two. I think those boxes were thrown all over the place!:yuck:

Not broken stones but since Feb I have had 3 customers order food choppers and the handle is separated the spring is in the box and no way to reattach it. Anyone else with this problem?

I saw someone on e-bay selling a broken stone. They were mad that the lifetime warranty wasn't being honored!

& did you see how weird it looked never in 18 years have I seen a stone look like that, looked like it had motor oil on it. And they were selling it for parts......

When a customer has a broken stone, do you pay for the shipping back to PC or do you have the customer ship it back?

Daniellekw said:
When a customer has a broken stone, do you pay for the shipping back to PC or do you have the customer ship it back?

If it's within the first 30 days, PC will pay for the shipping. After that, the customer is responsible, but HO usually only needs a palm sized piece of the stone returned. I don't offer to pay for shipping for customer returns.

I do pay for my customers when a replacement part is required by HO. I do claim the expense on my Income Tax and it also gives me a chance to be in touch with my customers. More contacts, more sales.

1. How can I prevent my food from sticking to the round stone?

To prevent your food from sticking to the round stone, make sure to properly season it before use. You can also lightly coat the stone with oil or cooking spray before placing food on it.

2. Why is my round stone cracking?

Round stones can crack if they are exposed to sudden and extreme temperature changes. Make sure to properly preheat your stone before use and avoid placing it in the refrigerator or freezer when it is still hot.

3. Can I use soap to clean my round stone?

No, it is not recommended to use soap on your round stone as it can leave a residue and affect the taste of your food. Instead, use hot water and a non-abrasive scrubber to clean it.

4. How do I store my round stone?

Round stones should be stored in a cool, dry place to prevent moisture buildup. It is also important to store it in a way that it will not be stacked or have heavy objects placed on top of it, as this can cause it to crack.

5. Can I use my round stone on the grill?

Yes, round stones can be used on the grill. However, make sure to properly preheat the stone and avoid placing it directly over high flames. Also, be cautious when removing the stone from the grill as it will be hot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
clshirk
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • sherid