• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Replace Just the Lid on My DCB?

again. :( I was told by a supervisor at the product development and solution center that I should put my complaint in writing. I'm hoping that my story helps someone else who is in the same situation. I just contacted HO and they said that they will send me a new lid (as it is a replacement part). Shipping should cost around $12.75. I'm grateful for any help that I can get! Thanks, Mara
meganmcg
OK, so I'm a clutz and broke the lid to my DCB:yuck:

Was hoping I could just replace the lid but it isn't listed on the replacement parts??

I suppose since it is less than a year old I could do a product adjustment but feel kind of bad about that, it was my own fault.

Anyone had luck replacing just the lid?

Thanks!

I have heard that just the lid is not replaceable - which is kinda crappy since it is a higher priced item and you have to pay to replace the whole thing.
A little girl knocked mine over at a trade show this weekend and the lid shattered, but luckily it was already being replaced because of a hairline crack around the bottom.
You could always call HO and see what they say, they may adjust it.
Mara

or keep an eye on ebay, I just bought a lid and got it to someone here on this board.

yeah...and there maybe someone here who has one because their baker broke. You never know.

Shawnna said:
yeah...and there maybe someone here who has one because their baker broke. You never know.

That's how I got my replacement lid! Sarah was a godsend! :)

I had to do an adjustment for a customer who received a cracked baker and since I dont have to send the baker back, I still have it. Please email me. Shipping from 27330.

I spoke to a few people at HO about this very issue a few weeks ago. Since the lid will only work with our vessel they should make it a replacement part. They were in agreement with me. We'll see...

Last edited:
I think I found it. I could be wrong ( I am very new) but I have it listed under a Sample Order CN65. Deep Dish Baker Lid.

The deep dish baker is NOT the deep covered baker. The ddb lid is a silicone lid found on the outlet (I am not sure if it is still there though). My last adjustment on a broken deep covered baker-a cracked base- they asked the host to return the lid only...strange. I think they are doing this so there are not extra lids out there OR they wanted to make the postage less for the return? Who knows.
Deb

HeatherB said:
I think I found it. I could be wrong ( I am very new) but I have it listed under a Sample Order CN65. Deep Dish Baker Lid.

That is one of the discontinued products that is on the outlet. It is a plastic lid for the Deep Dish Baker..not the Deep Covered Baker.

I know someone on the team who is looking for a lid too. After mrgan gets her lid, please let me know if someone has another. Shipping to 78216....thanks!

I have a cranberry DCB lid. Make an offer plus postage.:)

A thought - I am doing a product adjustment on damaged DCB. I am assuming they will send lid and DCB pot. Is this correct? If not, then I don't have an extra lid....:)

My sisters lid to her DCB was broken by our cousin and they sent her a whole new baker!

Good to know!:)

My dcb got broke carrying it into my show, do you think ho will replace it for me I just got it in august. I feel like crying i love that thing. Luckily my hostess had one to use since we were making the south of the border meatloaf. But i have another party tomorrow using it and I dont think i am that lucky again. I am going to start having 2 from now on.

My DCB's handle popped off. I just got it in April. I called HO. I had to ship the lid only back (it cost $12.75 to ship). They sent me an entire, new baker. However, plan ahead to borrow someone else's because the whole process took about 5 weeks!
Great to have one back in rotation. Good luck!

G-R-R-R-R... Sweet hubby was cleaning my DCB last night with the kitchen brush and the lid chipped on the inside. Grrrr. It's 3 years and 4 months old!

I wasn't sure how old it was until I did an order history and saw it came out Fall 2006. Spoke to an answering machine w/both product development and solution center supervisor. I called back, spoke with a human and told them how I felt. I was told to put it in writing. I'm hoping it helps. I'm also hoping that you all write an email and share your opinion. Here's what I wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone have an extra lid for the Deep Covered Baker that they would like to sell? Mine broke last night and I have several shows coming up where the DCB is the feature product. I know someone out there probably had a broken base and maybe was smart and kept the lid. I'm in Louisville and will either pick it up or pay for shipping. I really don't want to fork over the money for another DCB. I wish Pampered Chef would decide to offer the lid as a replacement part.

If you want Pampered Chef to offer the lid as a replacement part then send an email telling why to:

[email protected]

Hello to all of you wonderful people at HO that make smart decisions!

I sent the above to my team and fellow directors. I did not send the following because I want good energy to flow…not negative like we know can easily take over. Unfortunately, I'm in the bad position of having to beg other consultants to sell me a DCB lid if they have one. Yuck! But, my husband was laid off for 22 weeks of 2008-2009 and I don't have a spare $40-$70 to throw away on a product that I'm starting to "not have faith in" anymore. We really need to offer the lid as a replacement part.

Think about it. If your Crockpot lid broke you could buy another lid. It's not like our lid fits any other vessel on the market. No one could buy only the lid and get the same incredible meals using a different base. I have been at shows where one question kills the sales and "Wahoo for PC" momentum. It's: "If the lid breaks can I get a replacement?" UGH! I can't stand hear those words! Why can't we offer this service? This item is no different than the clear collar on the food chopper or the blade on the apple peeler. The DCB will not produce the results needed without the lid.

Is Pampered Chef so worried about losing future sales that we are creating disposable products like the kitchen appliances that used to work for 20 years and now only have an 8-12 year life expectancy? Think about how long your parents had their first microwave…or how old that refrigerator in the basement/garage is? By not having a replacement part we are taking a product that everyone can use and not giving it long term value.

I proudly sell these products because of our impeccable reputation. Everyone knows when you buy Pampered Chef products you are investing in your home and making a smart purchase that will last for years. Lately we have had some serious warranty changes that I haven't been thrilled about, but I agree needed to be changed(it would have been nice to have notice about it- rather than finding out the hard way when trying to help HO leads that I never met). I agree that the old "unconditional warranty" is not good for consumers since a lot of people did take advantage of it. Abuse of the liberal return policy unfairly raised the price of products for everyone - similar to shoplifting. On the other hand, I feel that not selling the DCB lid isn't the right thing to do because our consumers expect replacement parts from our company. They appreciate that removable parts that can be lost or broken are available for purchase. I heard it said "I'm too poor to buy cheap." No one wants to keep buying the same item over and over. Especially, a $70 DCB that should have a replacement part available for its fragile lid.

I have plenty of bakers. But, I need one with a lid that helps me make an incredible dinner in no time. Offering the lid by itself should not be an issue. The lid will not work with any other vessel and if you did happen to find a comparable sized glass or metal dish it will not produce the same results. My DCB base is beautifully seasoned and I don't want to throw it away. I don't want it to collect dust hoping that one day PC might decide to offer the lid as a replacement part. I also don't want to have it take up valuable storage space in case I meet someone that broke their base. I expect to buy a new Crockpot every 10-15 years if my lid wears out and it's replacement part is discontinued or if I want a sleeker style. I don't know if a customer nicked my lid, or if it just was fate. But, either way I'm not feeling too confident that buying the DCB is a smart decision for my guests. It's mid November and we are heading into the peak gift buying season where everyone is rushed and they need a product that promises to be a wise investment because they can make $2 meals in minutes. As a consultant I always tell the truth and give good advice to help each customer make purchases that fill their needs. Customer care is what is supposed to set us apart from other stores. I'm really hoping that my voice will be heard and help The Pampered Chef do the right thing for its customers by deciding to sell the DCB lid at a fair cost as a replacement part.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. ~Elaine

PS…it would be nice if consultants could get a discount on replacement part costs since most of our damage or loss happens at the show. But that's another email.

bump. Somehow this was deleted within minutes of posting.

I broke my DCB lid last night during a show. I set it on the table and it slipped off and shattered. I only got it in August. It is the cranberry colored one... Beckycooks... do you still have the lid?

Yes, I do. Make a reasonable offer plus shipping. Thanks!:chef: Becky

I have an extra white lid if anyone needs one.

Beckycooks said:
Yes, I do. Make a reasonable offer plus shipping. Thanks!:chef: Becky

Thanks anyways Becky. I called home office and they are replacing it for me!!!

I may have a lid to sell in Cranberry. My host's base got a hairline crack while we were making The Chicken Penne at her show! I believe I can send in a piece of the broken bottom and be fine, so should have the lid to sell. I will update more when I get word back from HO, just wanted to bump this thread for those who were in need.
Mara
send me a message if you are interested in it, and the price you are thinking of, I have no idea what they should sell at.

Will you all call HO? They need to know that we think the lid needs to be a replacement part. Please! They will listen if they get enough calls.

I just submitted a product adjustment because I found several hairline cracks around the lip of the base (not sure if it's just the finish, or if they go through to the stone) and also a hairline in the lip of the lid that does go through into the stone. The e-mail I received back said I have to return the product! Really? It's only 6 mos old and I've used it only about a dozen times! Do they really make you send it back to get a replacement? That's hefty shipping cost out of my pocket for a basically new product with a defect!!

Laura, Usually they only require a piece of the stone to be returned. Call HO to see if this is the case for you too.

Mine had hairline cracks and my host's did too.

Maragib said:
Laura, Usually they only require a piece of the stone to be returned. Call HO to see if this is the case for you too.

Mine had hairline cracks and my host's did too.

So if I hack off a piece of the lid, they should just accept that? lol! It didn't break per se, just the hairline cracks, but it's just not good to show it that way! Makes this incredible piece look like cheap shoddy quality! :(

put it in a bag and smash it! that would be a great frustration-getter-outer better than the food chopper that is for sure!

Agreed about the shoddy quality of such an expensive piece.

My lid is chipped, too. I got it a few years ago and love it. I was going to put it out as a display at my last party, but decided not to since it was chipped and, like Laura said, looked shoddy (even though it still works ok).

I'll buy a cranberry lid from someone if they'd like to part with it. :) Just PM me with price and shipping.

And I will email HO, too.

LauraOC said:
I just submitted a product adjustment because I found several hairline cracks around the lip of the base (not sure if it's just the finish, or if they go through to the stone) and also a hairline in the lip of the lid that does go through into the stone. The e-mail I received back said I have to return the product! Really? It's only 6 mos old and I've used it only about a dozen times! Do they really make you send it back to get a replacement? That's hefty shipping cost out of my pocket for a basically new product with a defect!!

They have the right to ask for any product back (and they usually do). They also like to see the whole item in case it's a quality issue.

wadesgirl said:
They have the right to ask for any product back (and they usually do). They also like to see the whole item in case it's a quality issue.

I totally understand that, and I'm happy to return it, but it's defective and prevents me from showing it at cooking shows. I feel that they should pay the shipping cost, not me.

LauraOC said:
I totally understand that, and I'm happy to return it, but it's defective and prevents me from showing it at cooking shows. I feel that they should pay the shipping cost, not me.

They put the rules in place for a reason, they allow 30 days for items to be returned for them to pay shipping and that's it. You can call and check with them, it's worth a shot.

1. Can I replace just the lid on my DCB?

Yes, you can replace just the lid on your DCB. However, it may not be listed as a separate replacement part. You may need to contact Pampered Chef customer service to inquire about ordering a replacement lid.

2. My DCB lid broke and it's less than a year old. Can I do a product adjustment?

Yes, if your DCB is less than a year old and the lid broke due to a manufacturing defect, you can do a product adjustment. Simply contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

3. I feel bad about doing a product adjustment for my broken DCB lid. Is there another option?

If you do not want to do a product adjustment, you can try contacting Pampered Chef customer service to see if they offer a replacement lid for purchase. They may also be able to provide tips for repairing the lid if possible.

4. Has anyone had luck replacing just the lid on their DCB?

Some customers have had success ordering a replacement lid for their DCB from Pampered Chef. However, it may depend on the availability of the replacement part and the reason for the lid breakage.

5. Is there a warranty for Pampered Chef products?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty on their products. This includes any manufacturing defects or issues with the product. However, it does not cover accidental damage or misuse of the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Pamperedva
  • PCMomto4
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • cpaylor
  • Products and Tips
Replies